Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

alpaca diseases posted:

phoneposting rn but has the video of ‘gettin real tired of your poo poo’ cop going hulk and ripping a window, then the person, out of a car been posted yet?

Yes, I think it's in the second video I posted pretty early on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Cops wailing on sovereign citizens is the one form of police-force overreach I allow.

So, alright, I have an authoritarian streak.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Cops wailing on sovereign citizens is the one form of police-force overreach I allow.

So, alright, I have an authoritarian streak.

As much as I hate these pompous asses who feel they belong to a sovereign realm in their own minds, I think they have a point about police stops and requests for ID. In most of these cases the police don't have the rights to stop anyone and definitely don't have the right to randomly search people without good reason. Unfortunately their baby wailing about sovereign citizenship obscures this bigger issue.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Neutrino posted:

As much as I hate these pompous asses who feel they belong to a sovereign realm in their own minds, I think they have a point about police stops and requests for ID. In most of these cases the police don't have the rights to stop anyone and definitely don't have the right to randomly search people without good reason. Unfortunately their baby wailing about sovereign citizenship obscures this bigger issue.
That's true.

I'm more of a "never talk to the police" type. Sovereign citizens seem to try to bombard cops with :words:

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

That's true.

I'm more of a "never talk to the police" type. Sovereign citizens seem to try to bombard cops with :words:
I've noticed in a lot of these "Sovereign Citizen" videos it's actually just a person not wanting to talk to a cop. Which means a lot of people think "Sovereign Citizen" means "people who don't comply with police" which is kind of a scary conflation.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I just kind of skipped around it but it looked like it worked in at least one of the cases? The cops didn't know how to respond to the one dude and just kind of let him drive away

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

oh man i love this guy he's loving nuts!!! i forgot all about him. i watched all his poo poo like five years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce20oLUymgM

he's so full of poo poo it's so fascinating

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
Tarpman was the dumbest sovereign citizen, and paid the price for being a moron while dealing with police.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

a7m2 posted:

oh man i love this guy he's loving nuts!!! i forgot all about him. i watched all his poo poo like five years ago

It's like no word that comes out of his mouth make no goddamned sense even though though it sounds like pure genius.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

a7m2 posted:

he's clearly a grifter but he's also clearly insane

so basically he stumbled onto some schizophrenic wisdom and instead of going "i am god now" he went "i will use the powers of god to bilk the rubes for $$$"

america hasn't seen a hero like this since that one rear end in a top hat founded mormonism

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the sovcit movement exists for two reasons. first, to sell worthless gibberish to borderline schizophrenics. second, to generate endless amusing youtube videos, mostly of arrests.

Sovcit YouTube owns were declared a strategic resource and national treasure by the Obama administration but like everything else Trump has walked this back.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Neutrino posted:

They’re not getting pulled over for no reason you dummy theyre gettin pulled over because they don’t believe in license plates or car registration and they’re also usually drunk.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The checkpoints where they stop everyone are pretty questionably legal though.

I kinda don't care tbh though bc you're still on a public road...

Navin Johnson
Mar 1, 2016

Courts are now nearly obsolete as most suspects are shot to death nefore ever appearing before a judge.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Moridin920 posted:

The checkpoints where they stop everyone are pretty questionably legal though.

I kinda don't care tbh though bc you're still on a public road...

Yeah I’m less a fan of those. I don’t think I’ve ever been stopped in one though, at least the places I’ve lived they must be very rare.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dolphin posted:

quote:

his belief that people don't need to pay taxes if they can "prove that money is a verb".

This is pretty next level.

veiled boner fuel posted:

Yeah I’m less a fan of those. I don’t think I’ve ever been stopped in one though, at least the places I’ve lived they must be very rare.

There's one near me that's pretty routine, just south of a stretch on the Coast Highway with a lot of bars. I can't say that I care though because there are a lot of drunk idiots coming down that road and if you're a local you'd know to just take the parallel road on the other side of the train tracks anyway.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Sovereign Citizens should totally get a free pass on their first DUI or whatever so long as they're immediately remanded to ICE as illegal aliens.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

i'm very sympathetic of sovcits, i mean if the govt can have secret interpretations of laws why can't a guy declare himself a nation

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

veiled boner fuel posted:

I've been through a few, and was never drunk but a couple times was carrying a decent amount of weed which was always kind of nerve wracking since it was potent

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Former DILF posted:

i'm very sympathetic of sovcits, i mean if the govt can have secret interpretations of laws why can't a guy declare himself a nation

I don't really have a problem with it as a concept but I feel like every time I see it they're just trying to get out of some poo poo

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!
All this time and nobody's posted Meads v Meads yet? Justice Rooke does a 736 paragraph treatise on the "organized pseudolegal commercial argument" litigant.

https://www.canlii.org/en/ab/abqb/doc/2012/2012abqb571/2012abqb571.html

he especially unloads on the Moorish Law folks

[190] The exotic nature of the Moorish Law movement and its claims warrant some comment, as casual exposure to a Moorish Law litigant may lead an observer to suspect mental impairment or disorder. The Moorish Law community is a predominately American offshoot of urban American black muslim churches such as a Nation of Islam. They claim that black muslims who self-identify as “Moors” are not subject to state or court authority because they are governed by separate law, or are the original inhabitants of North and South America.

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Really really funny wiki article on this loving nutcase

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Wynn_Miller

Quote:
"In March 2015, David Lewis Turner, a resident of Mooresville, NC was convicted in Statesville, NC of embezzlement of nearly $400,000. He was sentenced to a term of 6-8 years for this Class C felony. He represented himself at trial as a sovereign citizen. He had been the first successor trustee of the estate of his mother. The trust directed that each of her 3 children receive an equal 1/3 of the net estate. Rather than distribute equal shares, the defendant kept 2/3 for himself. His defense was that the trust was invalid since it was not written in D. W. Miller’s recommended proper syntax grammar. Turner espoused therefore as trustee he had no obligation to follow the terms of an invalid trust. He did not explain how the alleged invalid trust was valid enough to identify him as first trustee and allow his control of all trust assets. At one point he read a statement in parse-syntax-grammar, then declared himself the only true judge in the courtroom, tried to take control of the court and ordered the bailiffs to stand at attention."

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Here's how it went down:

"Attention everyone! ένα δυο τρία τέσσερα είναι μια περίεργη συντακτική γραμματική μαλακίας από κάποιον! I am the only judge here! you, baliff, stand at attention!"

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
People who are unwilling to recognize the violence inherent in the system deserve to have a boot on their face imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Neutrino posted:

Depending on your country/state the act your police operate under may allow for random searches if people seem to be acting intentional evasive or inherently suspicious.

Being a smart rear end not suspicious. Identifying yourself as as required at a road stop, you maybe hiding something.

• Locked thread