Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.technologyreview.com/s/609944/apparently-people-say-thank-you-to-self-driving-pizza-delivery-vehicles/

quote:

Last summer, Ford worked with Domino's Pizza on a test in Ann Arbor, Michigan, where it delivered pizza to randomly chosen customers in a self-driving Ford Fusion hybrid. An operator was inside the car, and a regular human-driven car trailed behind, videotaping the drive. Customers had to approach the car and enter a number on a touch screen on the side of the vehicle to get their pizza. Speaking at CES, the annual consumer electronics show, in Las Vegas this week, Jim Farley, Ford'(TM)s executive vice president, acknowledged that the idea sounds silly, "but we learned so freaking much," he said. Apparently, most people say "thank you" to the car after getting their pizza.

We are all bitchmade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Edgar posted:

You mean I need to go outside to get my food? This is troubling.

Yeah the next step would be a self-driving car pulling up to your house and then dispersing a separate robot to come to your door

I wonder if they'd arm it to prevent theft

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

A_Bug_That_Thinks posted:

wow already they love the borg more than the human being

wake up sheeple

Do you tip the self-driving car

How much do you tip the self-driving car

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Beefeater posted:

Alternately they could use some sort of catapult system to fire the pizza at your front door.

"careful PizzaBot, there's blacks in that neighborhood"

• Locked thread