Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Koalas March
May 21, 2007

It's been about one year since Lowtax, created this little subforum. I have tried to guide it with certain principles and while I may not have always been perfect or even great, I have been listening to you guys, engaging with y'all and trying to put your feedback into action.

I believe that people should constantly be working towards improvement. With that in mind, I'm here once again to hear your feedback. How are we doing? What could I improve? What is going well? What is going poorly?

Feel free to use this thread to vent at me, chat, whatever.

I love you guys and I'm looking forward to another year of making the rest of the forums mad that we exist!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shortest Path
Jun 21, 2012

This is my axe.
There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Needs more public owning of racist posters imo.

But It's a really good forum and I've learned a lot from reading threads here, so good job.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

there was a man of double deed
and nandynandynandy need,
and when he rode he was a horse
and when he walked he was a porse

happy birthday seperate-but-equal forum

Ikari Worrier
Jul 23, 2004

Soiled Meat

This forum is good and I think you're doing a good job KM

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

The Shortest Path posted:

But It's a really good forum and I've learned a lot from reading threads here, so good job.

Just wait. I'm bringing Sundown back next month.

I'm glad you are learning though! My favorite posts and PMs are from lurkers who are just learning and put it to good use out in the real world.

Ikari Worrier posted:

This forum is good and I think you're doing a good job KM

Thank you! I appreciate it

I'm crossposting this because it's basically the TGRS experience in a nutshell:

Koalas March posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43gm3CJePn0

watch the whole thing. I'm legit not sure how I feel about the end but eh

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

I don't post much but I like the forum

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN

I find the forum a real breath of fresh air. I find that people tend to me more helpful and cordial, and toxic people don't stick around very long.

It also helps me really pay attention to where other posters are coming from, and refrain from knee jerk responses.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Koalas March posted:

Just wait. I'm bringing Sundown back next month.

I'm glad you are learning though! My favorite posts and PMs are from lurkers who are just learning and put it to good use out in the real world.

Thank you! I appreciate it

I'm crossposting this because it's basically the TGRS experience in a nutshell:

Koalas March" post="480214447 posted:

Oh, I'm also here to deliver a punch to your gut:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43gm3CJePn0

watch the whole thing. I'm legit not sure how I feel about the end but eh

First time I watched that I thought I was going crazy. This was the first thing I saw Joyner Lucas, so i wasn't until the turn that I figured out who the creater was. This video also really captures the feeling of finding out what race a poster is. In the cacophony of the faster moving threads, it feels like a relief that I'm not the only brown dude posting out here.

Anyways, real talk feedback on the subforum. I just have a bookmark on the black folks threads. So far I've been able to catch some of the new threads because usually someone crossposts it or makes an announcement in a thread. Also, there aren't that many new threads, so it's like whatever. GiP does this thing where they reset the threads once a month. I don't think this sub needs to do this, the posting density is just not there. But this is the only time I can post about posting. When a thread gets reset, the posters get a glance at the subforum looking for a new one. It also allows people to skip a month and be able to jump in. It happened once when Radium broke the last negrotown thread. So maybe in spring do some thread resets?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

That's probably a good idea. The Misogynoir thread is pretty long. If you guys have any thread reset suggestions or reservations, let me know!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

me irl

I think you've done a drat good job with what you've been given; I only regret that Tiny got banned. They are cool, and like dinosaurs.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Get back. Move, get back! Don't you touch my stereo! THESE ARE MY RECORDS!!!

I loving hate that music video. In any case, this is the whole forum that really keeps me here other than games. I am surprised that we have lasted this long. I love the space that we have carved out for ourselves, even if it was kicking and screaming. Even if we only have like 42 people total who visit, I love that we have a space to call our own, because sometimes that is important.

Hawkgirl
Jun 20, 2003

Jesus Died for Your Songs

I have learned a lot from TGRS, so thank you everyone for sharing your experiences and your perspective. TB getting banned loving blows because I especially learned a lot from her. Thanks to KM too though for carefully moderating here and for calling the Trump thread in D&D out on its poo poo, every time you do it it helps me reconsider my own behavior and lovely opinions and adjust.

biracial bear for uncut
Jun 9, 2009

KILL YOUR FAMILY AND YOURSELF YOU WHITETRASH "ALLY"

I'm mostly just going to keep reading and taking notes when I don't have a question of my own other than the rare time I know something that might be useful in the discussion.

Other than that:

The Shortest Path posted:

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

I've enjoyed it, learned things, discovered a whole bunch of vines and twitters that I otherwise wouldn't, and man has it opened my eyes to the utter bullshit that passes as white wokeness on facebook. I just wish it had more traffic, though I understand why it doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN

I think it is a tradeoff, honestly. On one hand, yeah, it would be nice if more people came in here open to hearing about experiences of others. On the other had, it means a bigger noise:signal ratio and KM has enough on her plate to have to deal with dozens of shitposters goose-stepping their way in here from D&D.