Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
I HAVE GOUT
Nov 23, 2017

maskenfreiheit posted:

hot take: tavis and all the other bigshot security researchers should just be like "oh, trump doesn't like NORMS? how about we start dropping 0days with zero warning, on twitter, daily. after all... responsible disclosure is just something those Georgetown fucks at NIST thought up"

Dont understand the logic going through here. Seems to be:
-Trump is bad
-Tiwtter isnt banning trump
-Therefore we should unleash havoc on twitter

Or maybe relating to dropping 0days against government softwares. idk.

But I do agree that responsible discloser is poo poo. It's mostly socially-inept security dudes agreeing to do something because thats what everyone else is doing. And then u get a measly 4 figgies for your work. Good job.
OORRRR you could not do that. You can sell the exploit and get lotsa figgies. Or utilize it yourself (i.e. find a twitter bug and use it to make celebrititties tweet about a product ur selling with a link to your web. youll get mega bank that way). Theres hardly any reason to ever report security bugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread