Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Edit: Going with Soldier!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0038RmOtzU

It doesn't take long for Ryuko to run 500 laps around the training field. It only took her 20 minutes to run that many times around the large field, and yet, she looks unsatisfied by her performance, as if she feels like she could do better than this. It takes Ryuko a bit to realize that she's not the only one on the field today. "Ah, you must be the recruiter the commander was telling me about," she stands up straight, and gives a formal salute, "Private Ryuko Ishikawa, Kurogane, at your service." She drops her salute to pick up a nearby water bottle and towel, "I am prepared to answer any questions you might have for me, so please, ask away."

quote:

• What inspired your service?

"Hm. I suppose you could say being a soldier is in my blood. Both my parents, Shou and Rin Ishikawa, were agents of A.E.G.I.S., and they both had a strong sense of justice, always fighting for what they believe to be right, always protecting those who need protecting. My parents were good people, which made what happened to them all the more tragic."

"They were betrayed by someone they trusted. Wolfgang Silvermane, a man my parents considered a close friend and a valuable ally, revealed himself to to be an agent of Ouroboros, an organization bent on controlling the world, after he had lead them into a trap. This whole time, he was using their trust against them, and once he had no more use for my parents, he decided it was time to dispose of them."

"I was there when it happened. I was following them in secret when I shouldn't have, and I saw it, the moment of his betrayal, and before I could do or say anything, there was an explosion, and the whole world went blank. When I woke up, I noticed my arms and legs were replaced with mechanical limbs. The explosion had left my body badly damaged, and if it wasn't for Professor Rockwell, I don't think I would've made it."

"Unfortunately, I can't say the same for my parents. The explosion took their lives. My parents, the people I looked up to the most, were now... gone."

"That's when I decided, that from that day forward, I would work to continue on their legacy. So I trained. I trained hard, everyday, for the past two years, using my new body to my advantage, to be the best agent I could be, to be someone they could both be proud of. My parents may be gone, but they still live on in my heart."

"Do I resent Wolfgang for what he did to them? Hm. I'd be lying if I said I didn't, but as much as I hate that man, I can't let myself be blinded by revenge. My parents wouldn't want that. I do not know what I will do if I see him again, but I will make sure he will face justice for his crimes, one way or another."

quote:

• What do you admire about A.E.G.I.S.?

"We are agents of justice, protecting the peace of this world. We work tirelessly to ensure the people are safe from superhuman threats. We are the shield that protects the innocent from evil, and we are the hammer that brings down justice on those who wish to harm them. We bring the light to the darkness, shining like a beacon of hope to those who need it, and as long as A.E.G.I.S. is still around, no evil shall go unpunished."

quote:

• Who within A.E.G.I.S. is worthy of your trust?

"Hm. I would say there are two who I would say have my complete trust. The first is Professor Rockwell, who I owe my life to. I would not be here today if it wasn't for her, and though she can be a little... eccentric, she has a good heart, and I've been going to her regularly to do some check-ups on my limbs. She has told me often that I need to learn to 'lighten up a little,' and quiet frankly, I'm not sure what she means by that. I'm plenty light already, thanks to her expert engineering, and I am not sure how I am able to lighten myself up more? She has also given me a cell phone, and if I am honest, I do not understand most of the messages she sends to me. She uses these things she calls "ee-moe-gees" a lot, and I am not sure how to respond to them."

"Anyways, aside from her, the other person would be Commander Irene Hawkeye. Commander Hawkeye was a close friend of my parents, and she was the one who gave me an opportunity to be an agent, and she has even offered to train me personally. Her training was strict, and she has forced me to go beyond my limits multiple times, but it's thanks to her training that I was able to be a proper agent of A.E.G.I.S. The commander has done a lot for me over the past two years, and for that, I am grateful to her."

quote:

• Why were you assigned to lead your team?

"That's... hm. I know the commander has assigned me the role as leader, since she believes I have the potential to be one, but I am... not sure if I believe that. For the longest time, I've been a soldier following the orders she has been given, and the idea of suddenly going from that to giving orders is... strange, to say the least. Perhaps the commander sees something in me that I do not? I cannot say for sure. My parents were leaders, but I... am not. I will give it my best try, but if I am being honest, I would not mind passing the role of leader to someone else who is worthier than me. I just do not think being a leader suits me."

quote:

• Why do you care about the team?

"When you're out in the field, fighting whatever evil may be out there, you need people you can trust, people you know who will have your back, and we can accomplish so much more together than we would alone."

"...That, and Professor Rockwell has told me that this would be a good opportunity to actually have friends who are my own age, which is... true, I suppose. I haven't exactly had that many friends growing up. In fact, I've had none, since I've been spending a lot of my time training, and doing field missions. I guess it would be nice to have people to discuss tactics and battle strategies with. That would be an appropriate thing to talk about with friends, right?"

The Soldier posted:

Hero Name: Kurogane
Mask: Soldier
Look: woman, asian, lean body, simple clothing, no costume

Abilities
□ augmented/mechanical limbs
□ super strength and speed

Labels
Freak -1
Danger +0
Savior +3
Superior +1
Mundane +0
Soldier +2

Moves
■ Before we get started: When you take the time to closely observe your opposition before a battle, roll + Savior. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 2. On a miss, hold 1 and mark a condition. During battle, you can spend your hold 1 for 1 to name a character you observed and...:
● ...redirect their attack to another character or nowhere—into a wall or the sky.
● ...cross a distance between them and you.
● ...disarm them.
● ...ignore all harm to yourself from one of their attacks.
● ...escape any bindings or restrictions they attempt to place on you.

□ More than a shield: When you directly engage a threat by heading directly into danger without hedging your bets, roll with Savior instead of Danger. On a miss, your recklessness puts someone else into grave danger; the GM will tell you what it takes to keep them safe.

The Company
You work for A.E.G.I.S., a metahuman law enforcement agency. It employs soldiers, spies, and other military forces to keep the country safe. Your superiors have asked you to lead a team of young superheroes—men and women just like you—to protect Halcyon City. You have an additional Label:

Soldier -2 -1 0 +1 +2 +3

Your additional Label functions like any other Label. Those with Influence over you can shift it, and you mark a condition if it would ever shift above +3 or below -2. You cannot cancel the influence of adults who work for the Company. You cannot lock Soldier. When you’re acting on orders and relying on your training, spend 1 Team from the pool to use Soldier instead of any other Label when you make a basic or playbook move. When time passes—or between sessions—your superiors may have orders for you: roll + Soldier when you receive such orders. On a 10+, both. On a 7-9, pick 1. Your superiors:
● give you useful resources or information
● aren’t hiding secrets or misleading you

On a miss, they demand that you undertake a dangerous mission that puts you at odds with your friends and allies.

When you ask A.E.G.I.S. for additional resources or information in the middle of a mission, roll + Soldier. On a hit, they’ll resupply you if you’ve got reasonable needs. On a 10+, the resources inadvertently reveal new secrets about the Company’s capacity or interests. On a miss, your request creates an opportunity for enemies within the Company to act against you.

Moment of Truth
Freedom isn’t free, soldier. But you don’t always have to bear the price alone. When your back is up against the wall, when things look bleak, when there is no hope of winning, you lead the Company to victory. And in this moment, they follow your orders. Tomorrow, you’ll have to answer for your choices. Today, you find victory on your terms.

Team Moves
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, tell them what you admire most about their work on the team. They can clear a condition or mark potential, their choice. If they give you Influence over them, they can do both.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, ask them what cause they serve and tell them about your own. If they describe a cause you find worthy, give them Influence and clear a condition. The next time your superiors give you orders, take a miss on the roll instead of rolling.

When our team first came together…
A.E.G.I.S. put me in charge of the team at a crucial moment in the fight. Why? What went wrong?

Relationships
You served with ______________ on a “mission” long before you became a hero.
_______________ is a loose cannon; you’ve clashed with them before about their sloppiness.

Influence
Respect is earned, soldier. Tell one of your teammates what they did to earn your esteem and give them Influence. Everyone else will have to match their efforts.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jan 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread