Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SKINer
Sep 15, 2017

quote:

THE JANUS
HERO NAME: Frog Girl
REAL NAME Sidney Simpkins

Look
• woman
• Asian
• boring clothing
• flashy costume
• character mask,

Abilities
Your appearance is unchanged by your abilities, and you can keep your
powers hidden. You have heightened physical abilities (strength, agility,
toughness), and choose two unique abilities:

❑ supernatural senses- Can detect motion, enhanced hearing and vision,
❑ impossible mobility- Can wall crawl and leap incredible distances. Ambidextrous in both hands and feet.

Special note: Tongue can stretch out great distances and can stick to surfaces. Her tongue is super tough, being able to resist getting cut. Also, like a lizard, she has a high skin regeneration rate, able to heal cuts and bruises quickly. Whether or not she can regenerate lost limbs has yet to be determined.

Labels
Danger +1
Freak 0 (+1 added here)
Savior 0
Superior 0
Mundane +3

Moves

The Mask
You wear a mask and hide your real identity. Choose what Label you try to embody while wearing your mask:

❑ Freak

Once per session, you can affirm either your heroic or secret identity to switch your Mundane with your mask’s Label. When you reveal your secret identity to someone who didn’t know it already, mark potential.

Game face
When you commit yourself to save someone or defeat a terrible enemy, mark a condition and take +1 ongoing to all rolls in direct pursuit of that goal. At the end of any scene in which you don’t make progress towards that goal, mark a condition. When you fulfill your goal, mark potential.

Mild-mannered
When you try to use your civilian identity to deceive, trick, or slip past someone, roll + Mundane. On a hit they buy your facade.

On a 7-9, choose one:
- you’re still under observation
- you leave something incriminating behind
- you’re forced to make a fool of yourself to sell it

On a miss, one of your civilian obligations rears its ugly head.

Secret Identity
Your mundane life comes with a series of obligations. Choose a total of three obligations.

Jobs: Intern
School: Photography club
Home: Household chores

When time passes, roll + your Mundane to see how you’re managing your obligations. On a hit, things are going pretty well—you have an opportunity or advantage thanks to one of your obligations.

On a 7-9, you’ve lapsed on one obligation, your choice. On a miss, you haven’t given your normal life anywhere near the attention it deserves; the GM chooses two obligations that are going to bite you in the butt

Team Moves

When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, ask them if they see you as the person wearing the mask or the person underneath. If the former, mark potential and clear a condition. If the latter, take Influence over them if you reveal yourself.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, tell them a secret about who you really are. Give them Influence, and shift your Mundane up and your mask’s Label down.

Moment of Truth
The mask is a lie, and some piece of you has always known that. Doesn’t matter if others can see it. You’re the one that can do the impossible. Mask off. Costume on. And you’re going to save the drat day. Of course, you better hope nobody nasty is watching…

Backstory

When our team first came together...
We saved the life of someone important, either to the city or to us. Who was it? Why are they important?

Relationships
_____] knew you from your civilian life first.
You refused to tell _____ your secret identity when they asked.

Influence
You look up to your teammates; they seem to have this superhero thing figured out. Give two of
them Influence over you.

quote:

• When did you first put on the mask? Why?

It was when I was twelve. I put on a silly novelty mask and Halloween costume, and then proceeded to leap into a burning building to save several trapped people. Been Frog Girl ever since.

quote:

• Why do you keep a secret identity?

Well... I pissed off the wrong people.

The Mayor of Halcyon is crooked. He backed the science contractors who were the rivals of my Father's research group. My father's study into lizard DNA to cure diseases was sabotaged by them (which lead to me gaining my powers). They are kindof after me because of the fear that I can bring them down.

If they knew who I am, they could get at me through my parents. Or worse. This is, of course, on top of the normal reason why a Superhero wears a mask.

quote:

• Who, outside of the team, knows about your dual identity?

My father's aide, Dr. Victoria Williams, knows who I am through simple deduction: she knew I was at the center of the explosion and yet survived it. Then, weeks later, she learns that a new hero leaped several feet in the air, lashes out with her tongue and had quick healing? Two plus two equals four.

quote:

• Who thinks the worst of your masked identity?

The Mayor of Halcyon. He managed to turn the Halcyon Times (where I'm currently an intern) against me. Be cause of this, half the city considers me a bit of a menace.

This guy is crooked and I discovered that he is also quite protected. I foolishly tried to take him down head on, but that didn't go so well.

quote:

• Why do you care about the team?

Like minded individuals, for the most part. Roughly the same age, same ambitions, and as I've learned the hard way, it's tough being a hero alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread