Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Have you tried putting your wiener in it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Honky Dong Country posted:

Fuckin' noob forgot the Rite of Oh God Please Work We Can't Fix These Anymore.

Unrelated to thread but how often do you see that in your line of work with nuclear plants? We have multiple things in our press system that's like "please Jesus work because they don't make this or have replacements"

Like, one of our palletizer machines runs on Windows 3.1 and the software cannot be used with a modern OS so when the computer running the machine dies, the whole set up is bricked lol

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Honky Dong Country posted:

Every single outage I work, somewhat. Like we don't worry about things just suddenly not working, but the repercussions of damaging certain pieces of equipment is horrible. And I'm not talking about safety or anything. We've let our domestic manufacturing go to poo poo so loving bad that for a lot of plants, if something happens to something big and important like the reactor head or the lower internals or something, we literally don't have the capability to make them stateside anymore. It'd have to come from France or Japan or something. Even worse, the cost of replacing something like that is so high that it could very well end that unit's operation. I can't describe how critical it is that we don't gently caress something like that up.

I guess in my case it'd be more like the Rite of Holy God I Hope We Didn't Hire Giant Retards This Outage.

E: all but the most critical stuff is pretty easy to have fabricated on site though. Plants usually have one hell of a machine shop.

Ah. Yeah we are kinda the same. Lots of our internal components can only be acquired from Germany so if too many current converters explode or measuring lasers die, well, too bad. You're waiting on something to get slowboated from Europe.

• Locked thread