Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RossMan4Life
Dec 18, 2002

by R. Guyovich
Installed on my work laptop, now to find the will to remember how to do anything. Don't think I've been on since 2013 or some dumb poo poo. I'm fairly sure my house in Goontown obliterated itself, but I can barely navigate. I might be in the guild, no loving clue. Sedras Ein is my fighty guy's name. Atramentum is my medic man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

How have things been Kazr? I have no idea when ill be able to get on again.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

I played this with the goons last time for a bit. I don't remember anything other than Jizz-Wailers and Jorts being part of the game. I'll see if I can figure out what my login is and if my man is still in the game after I :airquote:legally install this game from my original cds:airquote:

e:I found my guy. He has a big hammer, pink composite armor, and hotpants.

e2: Apparently "last time" was 2013. I don't recognize anything and don't know what to do.

CopperHound fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jan 20, 2018

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

basic hitler posted:

How have things been Kazr? I have no idea when ill be able to get on again.

Out of town for the weekend

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Surveying is fun. I now have a ton of stimpacks for when we're out Swoopin' next

CopperHound posted:

I played this with the goons last time for a bit. I don't remember anything other than Jizz-Wailers and Jorts being part of the game. I'll see if I can figure out what my login is and if my man is still in the game after I :airquote:legally install this game from my original cds:airquote:

e:I found my guy. He has a big hammer, pink composite armor, and hotpants.

e2: Apparently "last time" was 2013. I don't recognize anything and don't know what to do.

Good news buddy, I'm in Mos Eisley and same.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Jan 20, 2018

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Avalanche posted:

I was the guy who manipulated the anti decay kit market on the Starshiner server (or whatever it was called) jacking up prices from a baseline of like 50k to a maximum of 30mil or so. I think I was like 14 or 15 at the time too.

I'd constantly get flooded with pm's from idiots telling me how much of a capitalist gently caress scumbag I was (true) which would cause me to buy out all the other merchants trying to undercut me and resell for grossly inflated prices resulting in even more angry pms and a few visits by the game's 'moderators' after rampant reports of 'cheating'.

"No sorry ocifer, I'm just manipulating the gently caress out of the unregulated in-game economy I'm not running any hax"

Before that, there was the unregulated doctor buff market outside Corellia starport or whatever. The easiest way to break into that market was to make a waifu character doctor, add some stupid role playing sex text to your buff advertisments "Tee hee I'm just a young WET behind the ears doctor just trying to make her way in the universe!", and then undercut everyone by 5k-10k. Then once all the other "doctors" left the area after angry pms and no business, I'd jack up the prices again 1k-2k higher than the baseline was when I first got there.

I think even the dancers and musicians had some hosed up market racket poo poo going on too but I never got too far into that as it was way too larpy and creepy.

I can't remember, but I think there was some highly regarded weapon smith or armor smith on that server that got run out of the server as part of the contract for getting him to craft you armor/weapons at sooper high quality was to make you do a /kneel command while he would take his wookie avatar and force you to role play sucking him off or something.

Those were the days.

this post amazes me.

what do you do for a living?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Play anarchy online instead

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

I grinded out one of the first Jedi characters back when you had to unlock it with Holocubes or something that would tell you random professions you had to train with a final one that you had to guess. Sold the account for like £1500.

Jedi ruined the game in more ways than one. As soon as the formula for unlocking them became known everyone stopped playing the game and just grinded professions they didn't care about, offending those that did, just to unlock a character that was super OP but had perma death. You couldn't even show off your lightsaber as being seen to do Jedi poo poo would make you a target for everyone.

SOE saw all of this and basically just said "hold my beer" and trashed the whole game by releasing CU. Then doubled down with NGE.

Thanks for listening.

EDIT: Master Creature Handler was seriously OP too.

Durzel fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Jan 20, 2018

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Made master marksmen today. Kinda wish commando shared relevant skills with it...

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
If any of you are coming back after a long hiatus, do yourself a favor and CLAIM THE VETERAN REWARDS. If your character is old enough, you can claim an Anti-Decay Kit and easily sell it for a minimum of 10 million credits. There are other rewards that can be sold for a good value as well but that one alone will give you enough credits to basically do whatever you want with.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
I forgot my old login/email.

oversteer
Jun 6, 2005

Do people still camp out in the Borgle Bat Cave and race to loot attachments after a server restart?

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
the original SWG goontown city owned and i spent an inordinate amount of time decorating my place

does anyone have the pics of when we trapped that wookie SUPERSAIYIAN on that guy's balcony?

XakEp
Dec 20, 2002
Amor est vitae essentia

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

the original SWG goontown city owned and i spent an inordinate amount of time decorating my place

does anyone have the pics of when we trapped that wookie SUPERSAIYIAN on that guy's balcony?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJMRejgXUA8

At 1:44, 1:47 and 1:51 is the best I have.

It was frigging hilarious.

Also funny, everyone in <Goon> running around in wookiee life day robes during raids.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

I like star wars but I hate all that sci fi poo poo so inspired by the de-feminised version I made this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUeVyP1KgAU

Star Wars minus sci-fi and fantasy

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i never played this game but i had a friend that did, and it was cool how there were no jedi until that one mf did the correct combination of whatever to unlock the ability to potentially become a jedi.

it was neat how difficult and obscure it was.

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

XakEp posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJMRejgXUA8

At 1:44, 1:47 and 1:51 is the best I have.

It was frigging hilarious.

Also funny, everyone in <Goon> running around in wookiee life day robes during raids.

I loved SWG but only now you can tell, so very much it was made by the same people who made Everquest just by the graphics

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
My favorite SWG memory was leading a group of like 30 people to hunt down Kimogilas on Lok. :unsmith:

Creature Handling was the most fun class imo. Being a musician was pretty fun, too. It's cool that an MMO made things like playing music and dancing actual class skills and you could advance by chilling in lounges and talking with people and helping them out.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i remember the main game fondly, jank and terribleness aside. i had just finished lying, cheating, and murdering my way through ultima online as a criminal when i found the OG SWG and i spent about 18 months lying, cheating, and murdering my way through SWG

only this time i was a rebel cheating and murdering blackbloods so morally it was all ok you see

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Server down?

Lord Psychodin
Jun 16, 2007
Lord of the fools

:dukedog:
College Slice
I still can't get the fascination with this game. It was bad, it was good, it was stabile, it was buggy. it had a few truly redeeming qualities, but it was not the harvesting or crafting or all the stuff you had to find worthwhile if stuck out of combat. That was the one drat thing WoW brought to MMORPGs that had me hooked. Nothing should take up so much drat time you spend your entire game time focusing on it. Let alone as laughable as doing RP chatter in a tavern because you're stuck there. Thank god now for downtime in MMORPGs alt tab works and netflix can be streamed alongside.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Some people like to be social.

Lord Psychodin
Jun 16, 2007
Lord of the fools

:dukedog:
College Slice

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Some people like to be social.

I think I maybe mis-phrased a bit, I meant it when it was forced, not willing. Like when I played EQ, 90% of the time I spent sitting was time spent hopping away from PC working on D&D characters and stuff. Most D&D I've done was 3e and post era, over the internet where we all gleefully shared an hour RPing and sorting stuff out usually before the game got started unless we really wanted to hit the adventuring, but so much of it was in SWG being stuck staring at a screen not wanting to disco away and needing to relog while waiting for the bars to heal. Or in the case of harvesting/crafting, being a knob-turning lord that virtually could have played stardew valley at this point.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Maybe related to server being down...

E:

Corky Romanovsky fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Jan 24, 2018

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

That sig owns.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

SWG isn't as bad as I remember, I'm already a novice bounty hunter. I remember spending months just to get master marksman, so it seems they've lessened the grinding a bit which is nice along with a few other changes, like upping the limits on how much you can have in your house (at least it seems to be the case).

When it came out I was like 14, and was expecting some super star wars open world game and I was really disappointed, it didn't even feel like star wars at the time. I'm genuinely having fun playing a bounty hunter now because you actually have to "hunt" your targets across planets and not just go to a waypoint with them standing still with their thumb up their rear end.

Also should be pretty cool once they get JTL up and running. I love the fact that you could walk around inside bigger ships, and the fact that SOE modeled it after games like Tie Fighter and X-wing Alliance is one of the few things they did right.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

In the build they're using can you still make recursive macros?

I remember back in the day building a simple script where I would target some harmless non-aggro enemy that spawned quickly in a given area, kill it, then skin/loot it, GOTO 10. Even though IIRC XP scaled to where they were eventually only worth 1 skill XP per kill, I could level up all the basic shooting skills that way by leaving it running while I was at work for 8 hours.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I remember back in the day building a simple script where I would target some harmless non-aggro enemy that spawned quickly in a given area, kill it, then skin/loot it, GOTO 10. Even though IIRC XP scaled to where they were eventually only worth 1 skill XP per kill, I could level up all the basic shooting skills that way by leaving it running while I was at work for 8 hours.

I've seen afk players attack mobs outside of cities, so I think so.

Carl Weathers
Sep 12, 2012

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

You can loop a macro by ending it with /macro macronamehere. A simple example would look like..

/ui action cycleTargetOutwards
/pause 0.5
/follow
/pause 2
/yourcombatattack
/yourcombatattack
/yourcombatattack
/yourcombatattack
/pause 10
/stand
/macro macroname

It tabs for a target, follows it, attacks it for 10 seconds, stands up incase you got knocked down and then starts over.

For any goons who give a gently caress or are still playing, I'm holding a city on Tatooine (always at max player cities) if anyone wants to get a new Goontown going. Msg/mail Son ingame or let me know in the Discord.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I wish i could be playing right now. Life has me busy and i can barely read the forums much less play games. How are things with the group? I hope things are kicking along.

Ilvatu
Jun 7, 2009
Hey guys I figured i'd post in the thread. Shoutouts to dudes who have helped me get started. I'll try to play more as I get experience.

Right now all I have are some credits donated, some basic starting armor, and a ride. Still feels like I've made progress.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

bumping this thread because i'm in, this game is cool, and since we can invite to Goonsquad now, we have all the loving bells and whistles. More eyes the better.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
What do you guys have? Like, why should I join gs?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

#1. cool nametag.

#2. guild hall is set in the crumbling ruins of goontown, so your journey to joining is kinda like walking to meet the pope in medieval times when rome was a gutted ruin

#3. there's enough resources between us to help new guys jump past the otherwise painful early game as needed

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

I just hopped on.

Anyone else have the zombie face issue? Humans, zabraks, twileks have this weird green zombie face no matter what I do.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

afkmacro posted:

I just hopped on.

Anyone else have the zombie face issue? Humans, zabraks, twileks have this weird green zombie face no matter what I do.

It's a bug. You aren't using any mods though right?

Official FAQ says to do this
"SWGEmu Launchpad→Game Settings→ Advanced tab → uncheck "Disable texture baking""

More help here

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I'll be subsidizing anyone who wants to drop a house near the guild hall on dantooine**

*small house, pending investigation into whether or not we can actually do it.

edit: yeah i can drop houses right next to the hall, so we're in business. we need 10 people and a politician to make the city whole again.

Riot Bimbo fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Feb 5, 2018

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Linux Pirate posted:

It's a bug. You aren't using any mods though right?

Official FAQ says to do this
"SWGEmu Launchpad→Game Settings→ Advanced tab → uncheck "Disable texture baking""

More help here

Thank you :)

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

People are still playing, right? I just found my old disks. Loved this game at launch, but had to quit when college started a few months later, otherwise my five-year bachelor's degree could've been a seven-year one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

This is too far

• Locked thread