Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is Trigger's best previous anime
Kill La Kill
When Supernatural Battles become commenplace
Kiznaiver
Little Witch Academia
Gurren Lagann*
Panty and Stocking*
Space Patrol Luluculo
Goku
View Results

• Locked thread
Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Nothing like activist rage for a cartoon show not displaying the entire spectrum of neo-gender norms.
This show could have the two-girls pilot a mech and someone will get uppity that they didn't use a non-gendered and a shemale to represent the glorious and wonderful diversity of humanity in the post-mordern age. :rolleyes:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

its hosed up that all the robots are girls, thus implying men can never become giant robots

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Thor-Stryker posted:

Nothing like activist rage for a cartoon show not displaying the entire spectrum of neo-gender norms.
This show could have the two-girls pilot a mech and someone will get uppity that they didn't use a non-gendered and a shemale to represent the glorious and wonderful diversity of humanity in the post-mordern age. :rolleyes:

gently caress off, also

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

this anime just grosses me out. last week with the unnecessary grab assing and poo poo, and this week with the loving training cockpit with the girl rear end console. jesus

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Thor-Stryker posted:

'a non-gendered and a shemale?' jesus christ dude, gently caress off

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Condiv posted:

this anime just grosses me out. last week with the unnecessary grab assing and poo poo, and this week with the loving training cockpit with the girl rear end console. jesus

that the new nintendo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also if you think agender people are a modern creation i have some bad news

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Condiv posted:

That was really the stupidest part of the episode. The loving training cockpit has a girls butt in it. How would a girls training cockpit even work?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

brb watching Godannar instead

Thor-Stryker posted:

Hey, gently caress you. "neo-gender" nonbinary people have always been here, LGBTQA+ people have always been here, we are not new

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
This thread is going places

e: also I seriously hope all those of you who are upset by this show are not actually going to go watch Godannar lol

skasion fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jan 20, 2018

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
"Klaxosaur" is either a really dumb or a really good translation. I can't decide which.

(Also, I'll admit to having a knee-jerk reaction to this exact trope; it's probably a good idea to reserve judgment and count on Trigger to deliver.)

Poltergrift fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Jan 20, 2018

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Endorph posted:

also if you think agender people are a modern creation i have some bad news

Heck, the story of Asu-Shu-Namir rescuing Ishtar from the underworld is considerably older than the Abrahamic religions.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

skasion posted:

This thread is going places

e: also I seriously hope all those of you who are upset by this show are not actually going to go watch Godannar lol
hey, godannar discussion would also be a place for this thread to go

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm glad for the hets. :twisted:

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

this is a show about a guy who struggles with impotency and can only get it up for lum

and well i can relate

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I for one laughed at the thinly veiled first time experience comments

Seems like a dumb show with cute girls with mechs so I'll stick with it

Also the transphobic rear end in a top hat can gently caress off

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

To steer away from that rear end in a top hat and into actually talking about the show again:

I really like the big guy/tiny girl pair in the green and black robot. Unlike everyone else who has some kind of drama or personality problem going on they're just nice and supportive of each other and it's very sweet.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Parallax posted:

this is a show about a guy who struggles with impotency and can only get it up for lum

and well i can relate

RME
Feb 20, 2012

rip ichigo

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Endorph posted:

hey, godannar discussion would also be a place for this thread to go

I’m just saying, if you can’t handle a show about aggressive hetero robots powered by wood, it’s conceivable that you will not like a show in which a twenty something buffman rescues the 12-year-old protagonist from monster, enthralling her heart forever, and then marries her later while she’s in high school, IN THE FIRST EPISODE ALONE. Godannar may be the trashiest show I’ve ever watched all the way through, it is entertaining in a certain sense and not entirely in a train wreck way like, I don’t know, Dragonaut or whatever. But it makes this show look like nuanced and balanced examination of sexual politics.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

skasion posted:

I’m just saying, if you can’t handle a show about aggressive hetero robots powered by wood, it’s conceivable that you will not like a show in which a twenty something buffman rescues the 12-year-old protagonist from monster, enthralling her heart forever, and then marries her later while she’s in high school, IN THE FIRST EPISODE ALONE. Godannar may be the trashiest show I’ve ever watched all the way through, it is entertaining in a certain sense and not entirely in a train wreck way like, I don’t know, Dragonaut or whatever. But it makes this show look like nuanced and balanced examination of sexual politics.
i never said it'd be a good place

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im thinking 016 is just a massive sub which is why he doesn't get hurt when 02 takes over and pilots the mecha herself. It would be a pretty good twist if him being a milktoast virgin is what makes him uniquely qualified to be 02s partner. Also for being a bunch of death cult leaders those drat filthy apes just hang around in a circle doing admin work.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

That was really the stupidest part of the episode. The loving training cockpit has a girls butt in it. How would a girls training cockpit even work?

The training robot is a masturbation allegory with a fleshlight butt.
Girls get to ride a pillow or something.
The robots are mind-controlled in the end.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
So is the robot a metaphor for sex, or a relationship, or a baby... is the robot your 5000-ton super fighting baby

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Im thinking 016 is just a massive sub which is why he doesn't get hurt when 02 takes over and pilots the mecha herself. It would be a pretty good twist if him being a milktoast virgin is what makes him uniquely qualified to be 02s partner. Also for being a bunch of death cult leaders those drat filthy apes just hang around in a circle doing admin work.

So wait, when they pilot Strelizia is she like, pegging him?

RME posted:

rip ichigo

HERE LIES ICHIGO. SHE NEVER SCORED

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

skasion posted:

Cant wait for C94 :anime:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Not on the level of Akko faces.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jan 20, 2018

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i like that the male rival just absolutely loving sucks

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

i like that the male rival just absolutely loving sucks

yea what a douche.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

Okay I've rethought my opinions and the show is actually really good now.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
This show is great. The artificial butt in the trainer bot was hilarious.

The pilot outfits are deliberately designed after traditional Japanese wedding clothes, right?

skasion posted:

We can hope.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jan 20, 2018

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

skasion posted:

Notice how in all of the art for this show that Oni is sitting in the chair and Hiro is always positioned lower.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

skasion posted:

yea what a douche.

This took me multiple attempts to quote because every time I try I break down laughing

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Show is a lot of fun. In fact, I was getting dangerously overfunned so I'm glad we have this thread to balance that out.

edit:

Oh no, now I'm gonna overdose on fun again!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

What a stone-cold Shoot-down.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

skasion posted:

yea what a douche.

hmm, where's the corn?

• Locked thread