Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is Trigger's best previous anime
Kill La Kill
When Supernatural Battles become commenplace
Kiznaiver
Little Witch Academia
Gurren Lagann*
Panty and Stocking*
Space Patrol Luluculo
Goku
View Results

• Locked thread
Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Daedalus1134 posted:

The mechs have that odd organic shape thing going like Xam'd did, not really a fan of that, but everything else looks neat. Zero Two's daaaaarling plus the horns just makes me think of Lum.

Darling in the FRANXX: I'm attracted to robot rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Cao Ni Ma posted:

while still being too stupid to be taken seriously.

What, you don't like the giant tank-sphere taxis that offer zero protection to the wildlife?

Edit: They didn't even acknowledge the protagonist's old partner being smashed in that ball.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

tsob posted:

Hiro acknowledged it, but Naomi acted like leaving the main sphere was analagous to being forgotten or dead so it's no surprise no-one else acknowledged her death. None of them even came out to see her off, so it's likely the rest view her as gone regardless.

It's just jarring because there's a lot of exposition involving her as well as a mini-monologue on the waiting platform. Hiro screams her name once and then immediately starts talking about the klaxosaur like her death was no big deal.

chiasaur11 posted:

I'd be mildly surprised if it doesn't come up next episode, one way or another. Everyone was just a bit busy to discuss it at the moment.

Considering it's an off-screen death, I wouldn't be surprised if they bring her back somehow.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Raxivace posted:

It seems more like they're co-leads.

A Simon X Ryuko Matoi pairing.

Well, at least Trigger likes strong female leads.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Makes me question if they all have an animal mode too, apparently its 'feral' to do so.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Willias posted:

So its Eureka Seven but with more and more direct sexual references and metaphors?

If there's one thing that Trigger really loves, its euphemisms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Nothing like activist rage for a cartoon show not displaying the entire spectrum of neo-gender norms.
This show could have the two-girls pilot a mech and someone will get uppity that they didn't use a non-gendered and a shemale to represent the glorious and wonderful diversity of humanity in the post-mordern age. :rolleyes:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread