Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
wtf is an uber pool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I honestly have no reason to believe this isn't real because I sat around way more ridiculous discussions than this in my early 20s and was forced to participate in some. The late teens-early 20s stage where people try to take the tone of being all-knowing and world weary while discussing and conflicting over something super dumb or trivial

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

maskenfreiheit posted:

you get a discount on the fare, but you stop partway to your destination to pick up someone going to a nearby place, and you share the uber

i tried it a couple times and always got stuck with drunk undergrads

I was really hoping it was one of those limos that have pools in or on them but driven by an uber guy for some reason and now I'm sad

but yeah this just sounds like either a high or drunk college couple arguing and someone recorded it after realizing how ridiculous it was gonna be

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
*steps into the serious discussion uber pool about rick and morty vs futurama* they are both good but different. a lot of futurama has aged badly and some day rick and morty will age badly too and we will all someday decompose into slime

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

maskenfreiheit posted:

you think just because you're an idiot king we'll agree with all your dumb opionions? i try to humor you but GEEEZ you're making it hard

hey bud... do you wanna get snu snued?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
If you're having an unplanned acid trip with your roommate on a day you both have off work putting on Futurama with the volumn off and listening to Black Moth Super Rainbow, Tobacco or Seven Fields of Aphelion is really cool. I think we did that like 4 times

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

maskenfreiheit posted:

if you're looking for "stuff to put on the tv while i'm on drugs" have i got the thing for you

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_Sheep

Whoops I accidentally edited your post instead of quoting at first

But lol yeah we actually used that exact thing with the same music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1QyDClOX4A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygd8cOdXqhE

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I'm serious, that's gotta be real. That is a teenage/early 20s couple argument where they're both trying to be dominant about something stupid and you can hear actual resentment under both of their voices that stems from something else. The girl being cold and angry and the guy pretending to be calm and above it is a thing I lived with for years.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

maskenfreiheit posted:

did you add an icon to my crab thread? im not mad.

The side image thing? Yeah I changed it from the poo poo post title cause I enjoy it

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

maskenfreiheit posted:

Also don’t use uberpool use lyft line

lyft is legitimately better, at least in cities

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I've so far never seen an instance where uber is cheaper than lyft so i have no idea why people would use it

Uber being assholes and getting undercut by a far superior business that does everything better than them is pretty funny

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I feel like anyone who doubts this is real was never in an early 20s relationship that involved substance use and built up tension

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I used to have friends like this and I'm glad they're now either dead or chilled out

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

a hole-y ghost posted:

I mean it's embarrassing but you didn't have to kill them dude :stare:

sometimes the only option is to murder to feel the hot blood of a fool on your hands

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Applewhite posted:

Now I’m flashing back to an argument I had with a girl in college about whether “the Boondocks” was racist against Black people (it’s not, obviously) that got pretty heated. poo poo, I’m getting mad RN just thinking about her stupid smug face.

What was her argument? It's written by a black guy who is strongly for black rights who's poking fun at his own culture and race

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I.C. posted:

So it's a bus except you can be certain that everyone riding is as dumb as you are.

When you put it that way it actually sounds soothing unlike the 12 Rick and Morty couple arguments that will be happening around you in reality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Math You posted:

Lol that anyone thinks these two are in anyway on the same level.

It's a moron trying to argue about Rick and Morty with someone who doesn't give a gently caress and who's entire exposure to the show is probably just hearing him be a sperg about it.
She's articulate and has the brains to hang with Josh over this square so she's cool in my books. Would bang.

She makes an impassioned argument part of the way through about how superior family guy is, she's the same level

• Locked thread