Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ponies Ist Krieg
Dec 10, 2017

This's is one of the scarier things about aging, I had a relative in a home that ended up on the news because the staff was physically abusing and stealing from the clients. (They stole a pair of his shoes, for example) nothing happened to the home, they changed the name and are still around. Trump repealed a law that allowed senior citizens to defend themselves by suing nursing homes last year.
IMO the state should pay for rest homes in good condition so nobody dies old and alone on the streets,
But I also think they should give housing to anyone who needs it (worked in Fargo North Dakota or whatever)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponies Ist Krieg
Dec 10, 2017

My dads only 70 and he forgets that his dog died sometimes, it's really sad.
I'm hoping to die of a drug overdose or, I don't know, posting exertion before I get Alzheimer's like him or cancer like my mom.

Ponies Ist Krieg
Dec 10, 2017

Because of emotional attachment, the possibility for euthanasia to be abused, and the arbitrary 'sanctity' of life

Ponies Ist Krieg
Dec 10, 2017

GORDON posted:

IMO people should plan for their own retirement and old age, since they know old age is absolutely, positively coming, and not rely on the government (which absolutely does not love you) to take care of you, or, god forbid, have, "My kids are supposed to take care of me" be your one and only retirement plan.

Okay, I've gathered my statistics and other forms of proof together from various sources to better debate you, a Internet stranger. so FIRST of all, where your wrong is -

Hahaha dude, I don't give a gently caress, you can have a different opinion on the comedy forum.

Ponies Ist Krieg
Dec 10, 2017

tenspott posted:

My mom has Alzheimer's. I wish she was dead.
I'm sorry dude. My dad has that too and it's horrible to deal with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ponies Ist Krieg
Dec 10, 2017

lol I'm going to let my mother in law die on the streets because it slightly inconveniences me.
barely lucid infirm and old people should just pull themselves up by their bootstraps, she can go think she's a cat while using her dying mind to answer phones in a call center like nature intended

• Locked thread