Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

All cursing all the time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Welp, shithole is officially ok to say on network TV. Thanks Trump!

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
:drat:

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
I feel like Lorne told Colin and Michael, “just say ‘shithole,’ I’ll deal with the network.”

pwn
May 27, 2004

There with you 1,110% Michael. I want leaders for president, not loving celebrities

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
Of course, it’s only after 10pm in two time zones. This entire season is live coast to coast.

Edit: missed the post where brought up

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Leslie Jones does a great Oprah

The Grapist
Mar 12, 2003

All in all I think I had a pretty normal childhood.

pwn posted:

I feel like Lorne told Colin and Michael, “just say ‘shithole,’ I’ll deal with the network.”

The FCC can't fine the networks for it. Trump saying shithole during an immigration meeting is news, reporting said news can't be fined by the FCC for indecency. A.V. Club had an interesting article regarding modern obscenity on TV in light of the shithead's shithole comment.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

pwn posted:

There with you 1,110% Michael. I want leaders for president, not loving celebrities

Make America Boring Again.

Codependent Poster posted:

Leslie Jones does a great Oprah

She does do a good impression, but the jokes are pretty obvious here.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Cecily Strong rules. She didn't just act shocked when Rockwell dropped the f-bomb, she stayed in the moment and in character and put her fingers in her ears. Awesome.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

The Grapist posted:

reporting said news can't be fined by the FCC for indecency.

just u wait

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Lavar Ball is the new Stefan in that I'm pretty sure whoever is writing his lines is trying to get Kenan to crack.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

^yeah

lmao this owns

pwn
May 27, 2004

The Automatic Teller Machine machine

pwn
May 27, 2004

Oh hi Bill

pwn
May 27, 2004

Haha

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Oh no this poor dog.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Solid 12:55 material right here

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

cecily strong is loving great

hate to close the ep on a taped sketch, it's like they thought the dog one would close it out but they had a couple extra minutes

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.

Aliquid posted:

hate to close the ep on a taped sketch, it's like they thought the dog one would close it out but they had a couple extra minutes

Pure speculation on my part, but they probably left a little buffer just in case the dog went rogue and they had to try and salvage it.

pwn
May 27, 2004

I was disappointed there were no showgirls/Lincoln/llama in the backstage portion of the monologue :(

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
Which

pwn posted:

I was disappointed there were no showgirls/Lincoln/llama in the backstage portion of the monologue :(

It was very strange. Unless there were and we both were looking away around the same time.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

TealShark posted:

Pure speculation on my part, but they probably left a little buffer just in case the dog went rogue and they had to try and salvage it.

the "hand"ler had treats, one shot got a closeup of one. The ham sandwich didn't hurt either, and the dog was probably distracted by finishing the Rubik's Cube during the first half

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the musical guest for the 27th looks to be Chris Stapleton, who should put on a clinic

if i were snl, Ferrell would play a tortured, freshly Buddhist Dubya at the easel

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
If you were wondering, the west coast censors saved the network's bacon...on "gently caress" and "shithole".

pwn
May 27, 2004

Now we know they use the 7-second delay for the Mountain and Pacific timezones, for obvious reasons

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I had no idea SNL took this many breaks between episodes it's very confusing

I usually just stream it the following day and recently it's been a whole lot of "wait what still"

Youth Decay posted:

The "SJWs are so crazy/political correctness gone wild!!" thing which I've seen in a couple of previous sketches though not the focus of them like in that one.

That's not just SNL, a lot of comedy heavy hitters have been doing this for a while (South Park, Tina Fey's current shows, Veep)

I dunno, comedy and especially political comedy for so long was just attacking the same side over and over, I think it's ok to criticize both and you run the risk of becoming kind of toothless if you don't

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It really didn't feel like "those darn SJW's" to me, it felt more like making fun of E's cargo cult understanding of the issues instead of actually understanding them.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Youth Decay posted:

Like 0.01% of SNL's audience know who Lil Pump is/was.

I know who he is. Lame song parody though. Like if they’re making fun of the song being repetitive they did a bad job, and if they are trying to do funny lines about Stanley tucci they did a bad job. It was more of a premise that didn’t go anywhere.

Enjoyed the episode overall, I laughed hard at “well guess I’m getting divorced bye”

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Most people watching SNL probably have heard the song or a parody of it.

As a man who enjoys Stanley Tucci I loved it. No reason to look at it past face value, one of the writers probably just thought "how can we make a silly version of this popular song?".

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

It really didn't feel like "those darn SJW's" to me, it felt more like making fun of E's cargo cult understanding of the issues instead of actually understanding them.
I do feel like a few skits these past two seasons have dipped into "anti-SJW" mentality. I dunno if it's certain writers or what (I know Michael Che was very "both sides" during the Trump campaign), but some skits make me feel uncomfortable as if they're poking fun at the disenfranchised. A couple skits almost felt like they could have been aired on some Fox News conservative comedy sketch show.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Youth Decay posted:

Like 0.01% of SNL's audience know who Lil Pump is/was.

I feel the same way about most of the musical guests.

Youth Decay posted:

The "SJWs are so crazy/political correctness gone wild!!" thing which I've seen in a couple of previous sketches though not the focus of them like in that one.

Everyone is dumb, and the truth is in the middle.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Tonight’s Vintage is making me sad that there’ll be nobody to feed My Hungry Guys for The Big Game this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4kpVO56OBU

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
Would it be too much to ask for a Vanessa Bayer cameo in the coming weeks before the Super Bowl so they can continue the Totino’s tradition?

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Set's looking a little dinged back there

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
We gave the president a sex exam and he blew the doors off that sucker.

I also love it when someone just plays themselves.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
Tide Pod Challenge. CRUSHED IT.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

oh goody, a song

edit: that corset though

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

I love SNL Bachelor parodies so much