Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twenty Four

Jolo posted:

gonna throw this out there, peanut butter on a burger with bacon

where in nature are you gonna find a cow, a pig, and a peanut (tree?) all in one place? it's a marvel of human genius

I had this at a local bar, it sounded so strange that I had to try it, but it was so good. Then they took it off the menu for some reason? Maybe no one was ordering it.

I should remember that I can make this happen myself, I haven't had one since, but the sweet salty combo is actually dang good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenty Four

canyoneer posted:

I had a great burg yesterday after a 3 day hospital stay where they didn't let me eat anything for a day and liquids only for 2 days.

The hospital cafeteria burg probably wouldn't have been a good burg under any other circumstances but in those circumstances it was amazing

It isn't unusual for me to not eat for a day or two every once in a while. It's been about one and a half now and I'm ok. The bad part is when you aren't allowed to, like at the hospital, it makes you want it that much more.

Being on a liquid only diet for a week when I was in was rough, but not as bad as the nearly week before that of not being allowed even water, just IVs, that dry mouth thirst is impossible to describe.

But when you aren't allowed anything, be it food or drink, theyn you get it, yeah that hospital cafeteria burg you had probably tasted like it was worth $50. I've been there friend!

Twenty Four

canyoneer posted:

that's probably about how much they billed insurance for

Likely! But at the time you are like "I don't care bring me some food!" hah

Manifisto posted:

have you tried an impossible burger? I have not but I am thinking I should

A what?

Twenty Four

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Burg report: Impossible burger

Just burged real hard on this bad boy:

It set me back a cool 14 clams and overall I gotta say it was pretty good. Not great but pretty good. It has a light smokey aroma, texture is crisp on the outside and mushy like tuna on the inside. Kinda gross looking tbqh. The taste is beefy but the flavor is kinda lacking.You can tell you're not eating meat. It's not greasy at all even though it kinda looks like that in the pictures. No weird aftertaste or anything but it filled me up really hard, couldn't even finish my dang fries. B-

The burg wanter:

It's not even meat ya dingus!

Looks gross, but, I guess that isn't surprising? I want to thank you for the trip report though, interesting! That's a bit of cash though to eat a burg that isn't as good as a regular burg I think.

Twenty Four

Jaded Burnout posted:

it's too late to burg

impossible!

Twenty Four

Koishi Komeiji posted:

I've never had a McDouble. What does it taste like?

It's just a regular small sized McDonald's cheeseburger but with two patties. Not really good, but not a bad bang for your buck if you want something cheap or nothing else close is open.

Like Jed said, definitely something best enjoyed drunk or whatever.

Twenty Four

Jaded Burnout posted:

Huh. Y'all have a special name for that? It's just a "double cheeseburger" here.

The difference is the McDouble has one slice of cheese and the double cheeseburger has two. The McDouble costs less. They have both on the menu most of the states I've been to, but they are almost the same thing.

Jedrick posted:

Remember those Doritos that tasted like McDonald's cheese burgers? Those loving ruled.

Whaaaaat?

Twenty Four

hamjobs posted:

burg update: y'all we're living in 3018 and i'm about to go get a ding dang veggie burger with pesto and arugula and oh what, word, is that goat cheese? it is?

it is.

Please tell me about your time travel burger adventure!

Twenty Four

Baller Ina posted:

i had a burg made of peas or whatever and it was pretty darn good

would eat peaburg again

has to be better then a burg made of pees

urine burg worst burg

Twenty Four

my new dog posted:

redemption!!!!

Nice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU