Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«168 »
Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

YOU CAN STOMP US!

YOU CAN SQUASH US!

BUT YOU'LL NEVER EVER STOP US!

Artificer posted:

The timber wolf's agility has been crippled even more than most clan heavies. I would advise you stay away from the timbet wolf for now.

Consider the ebon jaguar or the warhawk trial mechs. They are available during this event and are pretty good loadoutwise.

Ebon jag will let you get a taste of clan lasers too. If you don't like clan lasers then you likely won't enjoy the hellbringer very much.

Just calling in to say that I clicked with the Ebon Jag and made enough to afford the Hellbringer. May have been able to make good with the assaults, but I don't think I could have handled the embarrassment of being nibbled down by a single Light, which was bad enough in the Jag.

I'm still ferociously bad, but I managed my first kill with a well placed Gauss shot last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Bug Squash posted:

Just calling in to say that I clicked with the Ebon Jag and made enough to afford the Hellbringer. May have been able to make good with the assaults, but I don't think I could have handled the embarrassment of being nibbled down by a single Light, which was bad enough in the Jag.

I'm still ferociously bad, but I managed my first kill with a well placed Gauss shot last night.

Nice. I'm glad you are having fun. Getting good gauss shots is very fun.

And don't worry. Everyone gets murdered by a light sometimes.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Artificer posted:

And don't worry. Everyone gets murdered by a light sometimes.

Murdering multiple assaults as a Piranha is a right of passage. There really isn't any embarrassment to dying to most light mechs if you are an assault or heavy. If your team isn't there to help you, there is very little you can do.

The best advice I can give is to either stand still and turn, or walk backward and turn if a light is shooting your butt and hope you have weapons in your arms. You turn slower if you are walking forward. Spam the help voice line, and sometimes a light may come to your aid.

Edit: Or go in the discord and see if anyone is on. Having another player you can reach in voice helps a lot, and having goons play across multiple weight classes usually means you will get someone watching your back.

The Repo Man fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Aug 11, 2020

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

A constellation of faces.

I just want to say that I have fun my eith Timber Wolf Prime that runs medium pulse lasers and ATMs.

«168 »