Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Llyranor
Jun 24, 2013
Yeah, Inc-5 looks like the worst one. I'm selling mine.

Other Incubi I just prefer:
Inc-2: 3MPL 5HMG. Skirmish, then go in for the kill.
Inc-3: 2HLL 4LMG. The -15% laser duration quirk is important here.
Inc-4: 6ERML. Self-explanatory!
Saber: 2LPL (you could also do 2PPC, but that'd be quite hot). -10% heat works nicely for this.
The latter 3 work nicely nicely for mid-range peeking because the torso mounts are so good.

So what can you do with Inc-5? Well, it has cap acceleration lol. You could either max engine 3MPL 4LMG or 3HML 3HMG or something. One advantage it does have over the Inc-2 (but trading away an extra MG hardpoint) is that all its weapons are on the high torsos). Or maybe 3ERLL lol. Or go all-out meme and out a LBX20. Shrug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
second one, HLL needs all the duration help it can get

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

https://mwo.nav-alpha.com/mechlab?b=d67469dd_INC-3

I've had success with this INC-3 /HLLs.
Basically you can run around at 148kph and blap heavies/assaults with impunity. Also good at lurmboat hunting.
Weak against other lights due to the long burn time, but hey nothings perfect.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.
For whatever reason no mech makes me poop my pants faster than turning the corner into an Atlas with an LB20X and some missiles.

I kinda want one.

edit: the Annihilator 2A looks pretty hilarious too.

imagine dungeons fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Aug 8, 2022

Lord Dudeguy
Sep 17, 2006
[Insert good English here]

imagine dungeons posted:

For whatever reason no mech makes me poop my pants faster than turning the corner into an Atlas with an LB20X and some missiles.

I kinda want one.

edit: the Annihilator 2A looks pretty hilarious too.

as7-d-dc

ECM makes it scarier. Boo.

:edit: Favorite lance is 2 of those Atlases, 2 Snurbies. All ECM. Bully lance.

Lord Dudeguy fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Aug 8, 2022

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
imo go AC/20 instead of LBX20 on big assault brawlers like the Atlas

with clans it's different because the standard C-AC20 fires in a burst. The pinpoint is def. valuable over the LBX spread.

not that the LBX20 is bad exactly

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
These 3 games were back-to-back, featuring the La Malinche

Peep that last game, 2 mechs on the same team doing +1200 damage, while losing, while nobody else on the team breaks 300 :smug:

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

One dude in your lance did 2 damage. That's impressive. 0 seems much more likely.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

imagine dungeons posted:

One dude in your lance did 2 damage. That's impressive. 0 seems much more likely.

ha, didnt notice that before, it's very impressive indeed seeing how that mech usually packs gauss and peeps

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

imagine dungeons posted:

games like that drive me up the wall because they're indicative that dude just ... gave up. like you know how sometimes you jump a mechdad and they freak out and never left click? A+ example right there

he probably literally accidentally bumped into a dude a few times for 2 damage or w/e

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Lord Dudeguy posted:

as7-d-dc

ECM makes it scarier. Boo.

:edit: Favorite lance is 2 of those Atlases, 2 Snurbies. All ECM. Bully lance.

Yeah, that looks pretty saucy.

Also looks like you're a ton light, throw some more armor on that bad boy.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

TjyvTompa posted:

Peep that last game, 2 mechs on the same team doing +1200 damage, while losing, while nobody else on the team breaks 300 :smug:
First round, 2k damage from 2 of you and you *lost*?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

ilkhan posted:

First round, 2k damage from 2 of you and you *lost*?

in this game more than perhaps any other, pubbies are absolutely thrilled to find new ways to throw a win away

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

TjyvTompa posted:

I think the 'normal' BNC-LM brawl build is 3 SNPPC + AC20, which goes slower (the version I'm running hits 55 kph base) but doesn't have that shoulder missile box to catch fire and can slam all its damage into the same place while having completely synchronized weapons cooldowns.

Are you getting a lot of mileage out of peeking with the MRMs? Because the other La Malinche mounts are quite low.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
I tried the LM with the AC20 and MRM40 and I got a lot more results out of the 40. It may spread damage, but the output with its missile cooldown is egregious, and having the ability to use that at significant ranges to poke with its high mount is super strong when you just need to be able to poke someone and not necessarily commit. In the brawls where you're getting in someone's face it's easy to just blat them with the mrm40 and you end up doing more damage than you would with the 20 anyway.

It's also a little bit lighter and gives you the option to run an XL, which makes the LM scarier when it can sprint in on you instead of trundling around slowly. The benefits of the MRM heavily outweight the extra hitbox that it adds imo.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
yeah the MRM40 is what makes this build really work, the mount is extremely good and with the cooldown you'll be firing constantly, also I wouldn't recommend an XL in this case, I get quite a good mileage out of the mech even with a side torso missing

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Pattonesque posted:

in this game more than perhaps any other, pubbies are absolutely thrilled to find new ways to throw a win away
Yeah but 2k damage should be kills on half the enemy team by yourselves. That much damage spread across 7-8 mechs and you only killed 3. MRMs are great for doing damage but terrible for drilling into torsos to actually kill stuff.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Aug 9, 2022

Llyranor
Jun 24, 2013
It's still got 3 snubs which is enough for securing kills

Llyranor
Jun 24, 2013
I already sold the free Inc-5 because it felt redundant to me (I already have 4 incubi), but 3hml 4hmg would probably be fairly solid.

The -10% laser duration quirk brings the hml burn down to erml level, and that's 30 alpha vs the 6erml's 39, so not terrible. And then you've still got 4hmg (+25% rof so 5) for brawling.

Max eng 153kph (164 tweaked) 3hml 4hmg 13dhs 2t ammo. Good peek profile (and no need to armor the arms), decent alpha for that speed, dps 11.1/13.6, ATO 4.4. It's probably solid

Llyranor fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Aug 9, 2022

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Got into a random game with D A T A yesterday, he was piloting something like this:
as7-rs

It's 9.3 million cbills to buy and then 9.9 million to build it, but it is amazing. I am not even gonna bother posting screenshots, just trust me dude.

Do the weapon groups like AC/20 + 2snubs, then 2 snubs, that way you wont need 3 weapon groups.
Oh and take the -crit chance receiving skills in the skilltree, it already has -40% from quirks so you'll be super tanky

TjyvTompa fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Aug 14, 2022

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I was running the same thing on the K3 a bit back. It felt alright, but man sometimes you really feel those knuckle-dragging mounts.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
The K3 is funnier (but worse) because ECM and JJs let you creep up behind people and get into places that an atlas 100% should not be

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Is the The Solaris 7 Hero Pack worth it? 30 days of play time on top of 7 mechs doesn't seem too bad. The Atlas KR at least looks like a decent brawler.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I personally like the Vulture and Atlas out of the pack but I also like a lot of silly mechs.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

imagine dungeons posted:

Is the The Solaris 7 Hero Pack worth it? 30 days of play time on top of 7 mechs doesn't seem too bad. The Atlas KR at least looks like a decent brawler.

Not really. All the mechs in the pack range from medium to awful. Surpisingly, if you're looking for a good value pack to buy, the Steam packs are some of the best.

IS Light
IS Heavy
IS Assault
Clan Heavy
Clan Assault

Each of the above offers a good-quality hero mech. It is only one mech per pack, but you also get a bunch of add-ons with a decent combined value,

Hero Mech: 2250-6750 MC (scales based on weight)

100 GSP: 1250 MC
30 Days Premium: 2500 MC
6.5m C-Bills: 4000
3000 raw MC

Totaled up, that's 13000-17,500 MC or ~55-70 USD in value.

Now, technically, if you added up the MC cost of all the Solaris heroes, it would be something like 40k MC, but again, most of those mechs are poo. I'd say there's maybe 10k'ish MC worth of value in the pack unless you just happen to enjoy piloting terrible mechs for the challenge.

Edit: friendly reminder, when thinking about how much stuff is worth, always keep in mind that every 200-250 MC equates to roughly 1 USD. Don't let this game, or any other, confuse you about how much actual money you're spending on products.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Aug 15, 2022

Llyranor
Jun 24, 2013
Some of the Solaris 7 heroes might be okay, but I wouldn't spend any MC to get any of them, personally.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Thanks. I was pricing out MC to buy some premium time and noticed that bundle.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

I went with the Cyclops Sleipnr steam bundle. Great suggestion! Been rocking this https://mwo.nav-alpha.com/mechlab?b=9033d63_CP-S and its scratching the LBX itch.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Good choice; the 4xLBX is an older build but still plenty capable of kicking in the door and stomping all over everyone.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Patch notes for the month: https://mwomercs.com/news/2022/08/2656-patch-notes-142660-23august2022

Snub nose change,

Snub Nose PPC:
Increased heat to 8 (from 7)
Increased heat penalty multiplier to 10 (from 7) - more heat penalty when firing above heat scale limit

So, this'll stop the 3x snub boat but does zip to nerf all the 2x Snub lights running around. +2 heat per alpha is negligible. Going to need another round of nerfs in a month or two.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Yeah that's not going to change a thing. Most of the snub mechs I run don't care about heat at all, this will make it so that maybe a couple of them will worry about heat once in a while but will still outtrade in damage per heat against almost anything else.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I'm so sorry for asking this here, but is there a Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries thread on the forums? I haven't been able to find, and I need help with my terrible builds.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
This is basically the defacto MW5 thread

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Kesper North posted:

I'm so sorry for asking this here, but is there a Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries thread on the forums? I haven't been able to find, and I need help with my terrible builds.

This is the place.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Kesper North posted:

Just enable the cheats and hop around in Phoenix Hawks all day. :yeah:

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Kesper North posted:

Get the newtech mod, have fun with a Highlander booking at 150kph swining a sword for 200+ damage.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

raverrn posted:

Get the newtech mod, have fun with a Highlander booking at 150kph swining a sword for 200+ damage.

What's the Newtech mod's Steam Workshop/Nexus name?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
oh god I am gonna be in my first MWO competitive league starting on Thursday

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

I get a free light or medium Hero mech from the annual award event or whatever. I've been eyeballing the Pirate's Bane. Good idea? Is there a better idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ploots
Mar 19, 2010
PB is ok, but not really unique in what it can do. What other light/medium heroes do you have? What playstyle do you enjoy?