Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

Crazyeyes24 posted:

Thank you all for the Atlas input. Points me in a much better direction to not suck.

Still aiming for a big fatty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Skoll posted:

Do Atlas still move at -30 mph? That was the shittiest thing of engine decoupling for me.

It's still around 54kp/h but the pace of the game has slowed considerably. Many new mechs move really slowly and going 54kp/h is no longer as big of a problem it used to be, you are still slow but so are many others.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Pattonesque posted:

anyone have a good brawly non-laservom Roughneck build? I like mechs with hilarious amounts of health that take way too long to kill because it makes the pubbies mad

Sorry, missed this earlier. You probably want the RGH-1C, it's got the right hardpoints and a higher turn speed than the other Roughnecks, which is huge for a brawler. Convergence on the SRM4s is probably not great, so I suppose you could replace them with two MRM20s.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!

Rysithusiku posted:

Still aiming for a big fatty?

Always. :smuggo:

But seriously, even the triple SRM6 -S was noticeably easier to run than the -D. I didn't take out the MRMs or quad SRM6 yet. Neither were skilled up (founders one has a lot of survivability, but that is it) and I imagine going for those torso agility skills will make a world of difference.

The goal isn't necessarily to get anything super competitive for them, I just was trying to get something workable. I have a deathstrike to make money and carry but I want to at least be able to play without being a hindrance in my Founder Atlas every once in a while.

Crazyeyes24 fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jan 22, 2018

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

TjyvTompa posted:

It's still around 54kp/h but the pace of the game has slowed considerably. Many new mechs move really slowly and going 54kp/h is no longer as big of a problem it used to be, you are still slow but so are many others.

Fair enough. I just remember trying to use the Atlas after that update and pretty much getting murdered instantly because you literally could not turn to soak damage or anything.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

TjyvTompa posted:

3xHMG, 2xMRM20: RGH-1B
You can also run it like this, 2xMRM30: RGH-1B

Edit: I also made this work a while back 3xHMG, 3xSRM6-A: RGH-1B

Skippy McPants posted:

Sorry, missed this earlier. You probably want the RGH-1C, it's got the right hardpoints and a higher turn speed than the other Roughnecks, which is huge for a brawler. Convergence on the SRM4s is probably not great, so I suppose you could replace them with two MRM20s.

noice, ty

Pattonesque fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jan 22, 2018

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh

Pattonesque posted:

OK so I saw a guy in a match take that MASC Wolverine and put one MRM and drat near a max engine on it

I think it's something like this:

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=429&l=cea591382b38aa7d88b4f2f24d491aa74a5d97e2

anyway I took it out for a spin and it is hilariously fast and very fun! Gets up to about 140 when you MASC it and you just dump MRM40 salvos all day

I made a MRM30 CDA X-5 with some token lasers in the same vein and it's awesome against bigger targets now that running circles around one has pretty much ceased to be viable. The Hellspawn may be an even better platform (MRM30, 3 ERML, ECM, XL300).

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Crazyeyes24 posted:

Related, I am also still open to input on making my founders AS7-D not terrible. Been playing around with (U)AC20, HGR, and think I am getting close with: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=16&l=fa90e6b03bb7a9206436e00d98be21ab4c711143

Thebeefs newtech atlas was fairly good IF YOU MUST use the founders -D. Uac20, mrm30*20, and a light 350. Spreads damage, but just does so much of it you don't care.
Try this on for size if you get sick of the -S.http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=16&l=1fcb492877c1e693057e54cb274414fb04c1862e
UAC/20 ammo is 7 shots per ton,(3 shells per volley); mrm ammo is 300/ton. If you find yourself running dry before you die, drop flamers for ammo.

Before newtech,2 lb10 and a 325 std was the sort of 'i'm sick of this and don't know what to change' on the d-dc.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Skoll posted:

Fair enough. I just remember trying to use the Atlas after that update and pretty much getting murdered instantly because you literally could not turn to soak damage or anything.

I still run http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=17&l=d039a4c7b43c58e5a186d3d854c44f6471c09f7f and it is still very good. A bad game is like 500 damage, but this thing tickles 1000 almost every time I take it out. Be patient, know when to double tap and when not to. Your damage mitigation no longer comes from twisting but from picking the right target to shoot and making them decide that they will trade more favorably with something else; then keep doing that. Full survival tree, lot in weapons focusing on heat gen nodes, and I did bother with most of the sensor tree for ECM; even though my Ghost Dad is painted bright yellow, not having the red idiot box makes people ignore me when I'm not a threat and then by the time they do see me, I'm in range.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
some video of the Piranha in action:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/221347069

spoiler: don't let it get behind you or it'll chew through a torso in three seconds flat

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Whoever bought the "Die like a man, Mechwarrior" ad, you did good.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Are light mechs easier to pilot than the larger ones or something? I suck poo poo with mediums. Do ok to bad with large and assault. But my light mech feels like a total death machine.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

TheKingslayer posted:

Are light mechs easier to pilot than the larger ones or something? I suck poo poo with mediums. Do ok to bad with large and assault. But my light mech feels like a total death machine.

being able to relocate better than heavier mechs is pretty sweet.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

TheKingslayer posted:

Pirates Bane Supremacy

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Skoll posted:

Pirates Bane Supremacy

It's all the ACH. The build in the OP. I just rip people down left and right. Of course it's all in support of larger mechs, but I feel deadly as hell.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

TheKingslayer posted:

If you get caught out of position in an Annihilator, you are pretty much boned, but you can run away in a Locust

If you peek a dual-heavy gauss mech who has you zeroed in an Annihilator you will take damage but survive, but you will be one-shot in a Locust

they're forgiving of positioning mistakes but unforgiving of engagement mistakes

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

In other news, I have gotten my black widow all skilled up and have been doing rather well with it. Not quite carrying, but getting some big damage in.
Build, after recommendations from other goons: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=385&l=a729063638ba38294e034a5fefd993d102d65440
And then the skills, more just my own design: https://kitlaan.gitlab.io/mwoskill/?p=jsonbin1.5a66c4e2be324e31fbf4d47b#s=Weapons

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Crazyeyes24 posted:

In other news, I have gotten my black widow all skilled up and have been doing rather well with it. Not quite carrying, but getting some big damage in.
Build, after recommendations from other goons: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=385&l=a729063638ba38294e034a5fefd993d102d65440
And then the skills, more just my own design: https://kitlaan.gitlab.io/mwoskill/?p=jsonbin1.5a66c4e2be324e31fbf4d47b#s=Weapons

classic BW build, one of my favorites

the weird thing about it is you run out of ammo awful quick, but it pumps out so much damage that the match is usually over by then anyway.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Pattonesque posted:

classic BW build, one of my favorites

the weird thing about it is you run out of ammo awful quick, but it pumps out so much damage that the match is usually over by then anyway.

With this setup, it usually ends up coming out just perfect. I had a 1066 damage game where I had about 4 volleys left. Was struggling to get it to a good spot, but now with that added agility I am starting to get a handle on re-positioning in order to really unload on people who are distracted. The faster torso twist speed is huge and the XL really doesn't seem to be a hindrance survivability wise.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Black Widow owns hard, best IS hero mech IMO. I've been playing it with dual LBX20s lately. It doesn't sound like it would be so strong but I've been having big multiple 1k+ games in it recently. You can torso twist like an absolute madman in between strikes and basically feel like a boxer doing Dempsey rolls in it. But the classic UAC5s + AC5s is outstanding. Warhammers in general are fantastic bread and butter IS mechs.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Axetrain posted:

Black Widow owns hard, best IS hero mech IMO. I've been playing it with dual LBX20s lately. It doesn't sound like it would be so strong but I've been having big multiple 1k+ games in it recently. You can torso twist like an absolute madman in between strikes and basically feel like a boxer doing Dempsey rolls in it. But the classic UAC5s + AC5s is outstanding. Warhammers in general are fantastic bread and butter IS mechs.

hell yeah Warhammers own

Here's a fun mech that's v. new player friendly as well

WHM-6R with 2 AC/10s and 4 ML

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
The clan max tonnage for scouting is back at 55 tons. Really stupid that they didn't make this change when the Black Lanner was announced, it's 55 ton clan medium.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Yardbomb posted:

Whoever bought the "Die like a man, Mechwarrior" ad, you did good.

:tipshat:

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

TjyvTompa posted:

The clan max tonnage for scouting is back at 55 tons. Really stupid that they didn't make this change when the Black Lanner was announced, it's 55 ton clan medium.

It also won't do much to impact balance because all it does it put the Stromcrow back in the mix, and Bushwackers'll still run roughshod over them.

Edit: And some good news for non-Piranha lights on the eve of the MG-pocalypse. They're finally fixing the non-functional Rate of Heat Loss quirks. The Locust, Commando, Urbanmech, and others will see a buff to their heat dissipation.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Jan 23, 2018

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Is dumb, but how effect would a leg-eating crow be with something like this? http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=185&l=3406f0d06a848161d46f6ca959568014deb9a506

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

You'd overheat and die before killing anything.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

TheKingslayer posted:

More forgiving, yeah, but to be effective to leading your team to victory is probably the most challenging roll in the game. If you do your job right you should end up dead (or one sneeze away) with ~10 assists and 500 dmg with a stolen kill or two. It’s all about running squirrel.

Unless you were in an Arctic Chester before it got nerfed; then you just ran the entire game. :v:

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
Happy Piranha Day!

Blapblapblapblapblap

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
This will be an important week for Streakdogs and AC20 Hunchbacks.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

No one's left... Everything's gone...! Zebes is burning!

Apparently people in the videogame think the game is dying because the Piranha is available now. :shrug:

Is it always like this when a new robit comes out?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Xenothral posted:

Apparently people in the videogame think the game is dying because the Piranha is available now. :shrug:

Is it always like this when a new robit comes out?

Not really. It could be idiots think the Piranha is another PGI made up mech and that they're only coming out with those now.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Skoll posted:

Not really. It could be idiots think the Piranha is another PGI made up mech and that they're only coming out with those now.

I think the specific thing I heard was some people saying that LRM playstyle was going to die because of it, which honestly doesn't sound like a bad thing to me so.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Bad players are suck at reacting to light mechs, so they're terrified of one that looks like it will be good.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
When haven't nerds cried that the LRM lifestyle was going to die? They were crying about that during the LURMAcolypse when you would get absolutely shredded by them.

Most of these players are people who've never used anything outside of a LRM centric build since 2013 I suspect.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
LRM's are good

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I miss when we'd drop in LRM 5 Centurions. poo poo was fun.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Skippy McPants posted:

Bad players are suck at reacting to light mechs, so they're terrified of one that looks like it will be good.

These were also people complaining constantly about hitreg, so probably they are just bad.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Xenothral posted:

These were also people complaining constantly about hitreg, so probably they are just bad.

Nah, hitreg on lights is a real problem, but that's the fault of Piranha Games not Piranha mechs.

Xenothral
Aug 1, 2013

Oh jeez. I don't think I've ever seen it that bad. Has it always been that bad? Whenever I run light mechs I seem to get murdered pretty quick, but I also tend to run really slow light mechs because I can't stop wanting to drive fat robots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Yeah, light mechs used to be nigh invincible a few years back whe-

*Clipped 4 days ago.

...Well gently caress I'm glad all those fixes worked. :pgi: