Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Huh. I'm 98th percentile with lights . Am I better at this game than I thought?

I exclusively run urbies and nothing else lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
The event seems to have used the stats from the previous event as well, as I immediately had everything available to redeem except the highest teir kill one.

I am having the weirdest time playing this game the last couple days. One match I got 7 kills in my urbie and then the following three I had 0.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
I'm having a hell of a time playing a light after the changes. I'm getting PPC'd to death every round.

I am bad, though.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

TjyvTompa posted:

PPCed in a light? Try to never stand still. Not a diss or anything, lights are very hard to hit and to get hit with a PPC means you are probably doing something wrong. Personally I think the prevalence of LRMs and ATMs is what is making it harder for lights. I would suggest running a laserboat since they are so extremely powerful right now, get in while the going is hot. WHM-6D, MAD-BH2, TOP DOG, TDR-5SS, MAD-IIC, HBR...

Like I said, I'm bad. I play an urbie most of the time so I do a lot of peeking and it seems like any time I peek around a corner I'm just blasted with PPC fire. After I posted last night I played a few more rounds where I adjusted my playstyle a bit to be a lot less offensive, and I did a little better... but I really am feeling a LOT more squishy as people aren't afraid to fire everything they have at me anymore.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Carrying my team in an urbie

I really don't understand how I'm still Tier 3 but I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
I finally ranked up to tier 2 and.... wow this is a big change. Went from minimum 2 kills per match and 500+ damage to 0 kills and I'm lucky to get over 100 damage.

People can actually hit in this tier. The second someone decides to take a shot at me my torso armor is gone. Might have to take a break from lights :(

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
I figured it out and adjusted my play style. I previously got most of my damage by plinking with ER medium lasers and my kills with MGs at close range. Plinking no longer works at tier 2, as people are a lot more aware of their surroundings, so I replaced my ER mediums with medium pulse lasers. I'm not doing as well as I was, but I'm getting at least 1 kill most rounds again now, and those where I don't it's because I'm getting those kills stolen and I do 500+ damage.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
I still log into this game for a couple hours a month to run around in my Urbies. I have two gimmicky builds that I use exclusively (4 heavy MGs with 2 medium pulse lasers and an autocannon with 2 medium lasers) and it's crazy how the effectiveness of different weapons seems to swing so much from patch to patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arven
Sep 23, 2007

Third World Reagan posted:

Did anyone else play the mechwarrior game from 2000s that never made it out of beta?

You would sign up for a planet, planets would have drop limits, then you would just drop.

I think you signed up for a house before that but that didn't matter. Just wins for each house did.

I remember everyone started with the same garbage mech, and they made up most of the mechs you'd see at any given time. I can't even remember what it was, but it was a white boxy thing that I think had like two lasers and a flamer.