Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

Crazyeyes24 posted:

Correct me if I am wrong, but are radar deprivation and target decay directly opposing quirks (in a sense)? As in, if you have one and an enemy the other, they somewhat negate each other?

Stolen from the brown sea-

posted:

Without Target decay against an opponent with Radar Deprivation you lose lock instantly.

Without Target Decay against a vanilla target you get about 2.25 seconds after losing Line of Sight before you lose lock.

With Advanced Target Decay against a vanilla target, you get something like 4.75 seconds after losing line of sight before you lose lock.

With Advanced Target Decay against a target with Radar Deprivation you get about 2.25 seconds after losing line of sight before you lose lock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

TheKingslayer posted:

The Warhammer is a really fun mech. That's all I got.

Black Widow with heavy gauss, regular gauss, and a std 250 is my favorite mech right now.

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

Willfrey posted:

Raven sucks now. Too many better options

The NARC duration on the 3l is still occasionally funny to me and I will play it for a few rounds.

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

THE BLACK NINJA posted:

Finally got a chance to play the game. As expected I cant handle the mouse and keyboard interaction so I went and bought a 35$ joystick. Programming it was easy, aiming is really hard so far, but piloting and toggling everything else is much improved. Any suggestions?

I want to like the game, but its hard sucking.

So you can't figure out how to maneuver with the keyboard and mouse or you just aren't good at it? The academy missions in the main menu should get you to the point where you can mostly get the mech to go where you want, but being somewhat graceful about it will probably take a few dozen matches. I have over 4000 games played and still accidentally ram my teammates and get stuck on things.

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

And Tyler Too! posted:

Urbie K-9 is my friend.

I will never get tired of taking commander and issuing "protect this friendly" orders on urbies the entire match.

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

And Tyler Too! posted:

I sold my Uziel and put the money towards a Summoner, because I Iove Clan Heavies apparently and must own them all.

I'm 7-0 with the free Uziel in division 7, so I think I'm going to hang onto it until I'm done farming loot crates. It's pretty beastly for the garbage tier division with two lbx10s.

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

Surprise Giraffe posted:

Are uziels bad then? The jjs on mine seem useless

I like the free one for Solaris at least. I've killed several people running a copy of BRADTOTHEBONE's Vindicator build so far. I've never seen one do great in quick play, though.

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

My favorite Warhammer gimmick is 1 heavy gauss 1 light gauss with std250. You have to drop all the arm armor and the engine is slow but if you find a good place to peak and poke you won't miss it much. 40 damage all in one component can explode some lights in one shot. The lbx40 build is awesome, but it is not as fun to play for me as heavy gauss.

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

Marathanes posted:

Repost this please.
Scroll down the page and the instructions and link are there.
https://www.twitch.tv/haven_kendrick

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

I got curious as to what happens when you click a faction play popup while the quick play vote screen is up. I can't believe I expected anything but the result I got, which is that brings up the galaxy map and gets stuck there forever, forcing you to alt+f4 or kill the game in task manager.

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

TjyvTompa posted:

I'm salty because PGI has 0 experience with single player games

Wow, get your facts straight buddy.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_Nukem_Forever
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bass_Pro_Shops:_The_Strike

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

Why did none of you tell me it was possible to weld a car to the back of the Urbie for only 250MC?

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

Noobles posted:

So I'm living up to my name, I've goofed around in this game for quite some time but still don't really know what I'm doing. I saw a few pages back that someone mentioned a CPLT-K2 build with 2x rac5 and some lasers, does anyone have a link to a build that incorporates these things because my stupid self will probably do something dumb with the build unless I'm literally given a template to copy/paste onto my own build. I tried to google one first but didn't really have any luck.

I'm not very good at building robots, I just like to shoot them. :shrug:

You should do that build with a bushwhacker instead. It is a much better mech.
https://youtu.be/qTfqKIdFRIU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

Stringbean posted:

This is not a pretty robit, false advertising.

Where are the eyeball decals?