Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Cease to Hope posted:

gonna be honest, i tune out bad reviews on steam completely. feels like it's anti-sjw rage mob bullshit as often as it is any quality problem with the game.

This hasn’t been true for years and was only ever a couple games that hit the Reddit front page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ZombyDog posted:

Also the Gamepass version doesn't support any kind of modding, PGI plan to have that working by the time of the Steam release.

This one at least isn't their fault; Microsoft decided every game should be containerized and treated like Fort Knox. Even finding the exe for one is a chore and IIRC patches can completely change the random alphanumeric directory code the game sits in.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

How hard is it for a newbie to get into MWO these days? I've played a few rounds with buddies at LAN parties but never tried striking it out on my own.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Lorem ipsum posted:

Yea, it took me a while to realize I like mediums mostly because they are fast enough to fix positioning mistakes/respond to the flow of the fight and they are still fairly durable low priority targets so you can stay in a brawl with your friends for a pretty long time.

I'm thinking medium will be my style so I'm looking at the Bushwacker. Is that a solid choice?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I'm enjoying it so far. The matchmaking seems kind of weird since my team has won maybe 2 out of my last 20 games, which is kind of a bummer but at least I'm having fun trying to figure out how to survive longer than 4 minutes without just hiding behind a rock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I'm gonna be honest I stopped playing the game because the matches seemed shorter than the matchmaking