Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Any advice on a trial mech to use while I save up for my Hellbringer? Or at least size class? I'm managing to to deal nearly 300 damage and not be the very first on my team to blow up the last few games. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Artificer posted:

The timber wolf's agility has been crippled even more than most clan heavies. I would advise you stay away from the timbet wolf for now.

Consider the ebon jaguar or the warhawk trial mechs. They are available during this event and are pretty good loadoutwise.

Ebon jag will let you get a taste of clan lasers too. If you don't like clan lasers then you likely won't enjoy the hellbringer very much.

Just calling in to say that I clicked with the Ebon Jag and made enough to afford the Hellbringer. May have been able to make good with the assaults, but I don't think I could have handled the embarrassment of being nibbled down by a single Light, which was bad enough in the Jag.

I'm still ferociously bad, but I managed my first kill with a well placed Gauss shot last night.