Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

I was about to ask the thread if you can run an Awesome with 3 PPCs and 3-2-3-2 them like the tabletop game. :negative:

I just started playing this game again after trying beta way back when, Lights are a buttload of fun now. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

You can, but It would be kinda silly, because the mwo engine has limitations the tabletop game does not, real time vs turn based, heat scaling, shooting is based on a 2d6 probability, hit tables are not mech-dependant, and all the default mwo builds are straight out of the TROs anyway. :shrug:

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

What's the current hotness in IS mediums?

Been enjoying my wolfhound-2 with 3mpl and an erlarge, was looking for something fast with more punch.

Enforcer maybe?

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Not feeling the Assassin. Maybe if I skill it a bunch.

Definitely sold on the Crab-27 though. 5 MPL, Dual AMS and all the armor. :awesomelon:

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Those are the default builds. They are straight out of the board game manuals, which is totally different than this one.

Save up and buy a mech you like, then you can start customizing the weapon loadout to something more practical.

In the meantime, use the number keys to fire weapon groups other than 1-4 on your mouse.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

I have run a CRB-27 with a very similar build,.

Being able to lose both arms and side torsos and still hit back with 3mpl is fun, but I find the massive CT hitbox makes it a rare occurrence. The AMS helps against ATMs and LRMs as well.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Leif. posted:

If I want to make a gimmick build with Rotary ACs what is my best bet?

UM-R60L with an RAC5 and two ML

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Good UI design is lostech.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

IIRC the big New Thing of the Jihad era, which comes after the Fedcom Civil War, was advanced Battle Armor and Protomechs, which would be really hard to implement.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

The vip can shoot back?
I have never seen this.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

I ran a stealth cicada for a bit. It's super fun if you manage to pick a camo scheme that matches the map.

poke assaults in the back with AC5 shells until they either turn around, or die.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

AcidRonin posted:

Sooooo we're going back to mwo? :squawk:

I tried with a party of 5 for quick play last night. After 15 mins of queue time we gave up and did something else.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

I have the same problem with the Marauder getting legged every mission.

My solution was finding a Grasshopper-5P and an Awesome 8q, which keep their ppcs in torso sections.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

The concept behind it, Player choice on what he wants as payout for a mission, is solid. They as usual hosed up the implementation.

Negotiation should be spent after the mission imo, because otherwise salvage points are a useless dice roll.

:pgi:

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

But you can only drop four.

:negative:

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

caedwalla posted:

Am I insane or does the pulse laser sound effect not match up with how it fires?

You are not. I also hate it. The sound is like an autocannon.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Chainclaw posted:

I don't think MW5 has cross play between Gamepass and Epic Game store, if you plan on doing coop you should coordinate with the people you'll play with. We've been playing a ton of MW5 on Gamepass, it's been great so far. Definitely worth the price, I think if we had paid $30 each we would have been upset, though.

It does not crossplay. they are two different versions of the game, that use their distribution platforms for friend list and connections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

It's twice as stupid when you remember that they already have a game with friend lists and accounts and servers to run it they could have used.