Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

TheKingslayer posted:

Are light mechs easier to pilot than the larger ones or something? I suck poo poo with mediums. Do ok to bad with large and assault. But my light mech feels like a total death machine.

More forgiving, yeah, but to be effective to leading your team to victory is probably the most challenging roll in the game. If you do your job right you should end up dead (or one sneeze away) with ~10 assists and 500 dmg with a stolen kill or two. It’s all about running squirrel.

Unless you were in an Arctic Chester before it got nerfed; then you just ran the entire game. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I just logged on to see what's new and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Machine gun Locust viable yet?

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Willfrey posted:

:siren: HUNCHBUNCH :siren:

:siren: Hunchbunch night :siren:

Someone post Hunchback builds with skill trees for players that don't know anything anymore... asking for a friend.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Double post. Also light builds for the meta. TIA

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Crazyeyes24 posted:

Time to add more ghost heat: specific mechs will cause heat spikes with specific weapon combos. Call them Ghost Quirks.

:suicide:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

TjyvTompa posted:

If only people played the game as much as they posted about it :smug:

Okay tiny rant on bad game good times.

This game will never be the same to me. It’s completely stupid compared to how it was when I started playing. In my opinion the skill tree system they have now is just obnoxiously ridiculous and over complicated. I like that you don’t have to master three chassis for a mech but other than that it’s retarded and way too much. One thing that helped ruin the game for me was nerfing the lights’ speeds. But I just can’t find myself enjoying the game anymore at all, or finding the effort to log on and shoot around even if I’m bored as gently caress. I even activated some premium time to try and force myself to play and haven’t even logged in since then. The only reason I still have this thread bookmarked or will log in for events like Hunchback Wednesday is because I met some of the coolest internet nerds playing MWO and I just wanna keep up with you guys cus I care. :shobon:

Other than that this game is rear end and the people who make the game are rear end. Also as discussed a few posts before it’s dying and won’t be around much longer. (hopefully)

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It actually used to be like that, but then :pgi:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

TjyvTompa posted:

Yes, PGI forced people to stop playing so that their matchmaker no longer works, makes total sense.
Can the perma-salty people who no longer play this game just loving leave, please. It makes no sense to post your brain damaged retarded opinions regarding a producer of a game that you no longer play. We get it, PGI sucks and they ruined your game. We that still play do so because we enjoy playing it with our friends, you know, like normal people.

I remember when I made the exact same post that one time. I could probably find it if it wasn’t two or three years ago.

DancingShade posted:

This game is going to decline into oblivion without the Best Mech Ever seeing release.

Urbanmech II-C we will remember you.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
You guys are still playing this? What’s changed?

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Cloner of the Elks posted:

PSR (tiers) are resetting tonight.

I dont think much has changed other than solo and group queues have merged so it's faster to find matches.

Good.

Pattonesque posted:

global pandemic, bored as a result

It’s in a decent place actually! Come back and shoot robots

I might. I just got back from a 13 month deployment because of COVID so I’m spending some time with my daughter. She leaves next weekend for a month so I’m not gonna have poo poo to do except video games and motorcycles.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Herb Dington posted:

What about reviving [girl] ?

GIRL shall rise again. :worship:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Who has the girl power script? New computer and I don’t feel like writing a new one. TIA

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Robits got Girl Power’d last night and it was good. Will shoot again.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Also AC/20 urbie is entirely practice.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Ember and Locust variants. :stare:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Unless they make it open world (galaxy) there ain’t much they can do to bring back old players and retain current ones. At least in my opinion.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Vomitorium posted:

bigtime. If you're a young developer looking for a genre, make us our open universe MMO mech game and you'll become a rich person!

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Truly make the pubbies hate goons again. :allears:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I will always be biased towards the Pirates’ Bane just for the sheer fact that I worked to be great in a mech that was probably the hardest chasis in the game to do well in and not die in one shot pre-quirks so I would recommend. Even these days I believe if you can adequately pilot a Locust you can pilot any light and do well.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I was going through my old youtube channel and found this gem. I seem to remember it had something to do with this guy not liking girls.

Also found this dumb thing and if you're wondering what the significance of the :43 second mark it has to do with ModPud being banned.

Anita Dickinme fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Dec 5, 2020

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That’s a hell of a reward for one game. :allears:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Swiller of Beer posted:

I think WoL (Word of Lowtax or whatever they call themselves now) is still around. I think I'm the last GIRL in existence though.

There’s another GIRL playing? :dance: I hop on at times but if I don’t have my daughter I’m trying to pull massive OT or play Cyberpunk. I’m close to beating it so I should be on again more often sometime in the new year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Hey all, I came in to ask if they've removed ghost heat because I won't let this go:

Kazvall posted:

We're even getting poo poo early now. It's insanity. If ghost heat is removed I will pluck out all my pubic hair one by one.

TIA