Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Here’s a stupid question that might be in the wrong place but I figure I’ll give it a shot: if I google a MWO build, could I use it for Battletech tabletop? I’m new to the tabletop game and looking for some help building loadouts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Star Man posted:

BattleTech is a game your dad plays.

Battletech tabletop whips rear end and I intro it to new people all the time. It's a ton of fun when poo poo gets down to the wire and every single roll of the dice matters.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

organburner posted:

I still don't know if battletech tabletop is like, dnd in that it's "players vs dm" or more wh40k and pvp...

It's pretty open ended what you can do with the Battletech ruleset. Mostly PvP scenarios, but I'm building out a narrative campaign for people to drop in and out of for over the next year (timed around when Clan Invasion drops) that has some PvE events and has a hell of a lot of fun with the specialty rules from Tac-Ops for stuff like meteor showers, minefields, volcanic explosions, subzero temps, and a bunch of other nonsense to keep things fresh.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I made a thread for classic Mechwarrior games in the Retro Games forum: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3902843

Feel free to effort-post about other Mechwarrior/Commander/Assault games!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

So given MW5 is out in a month I'm a bit worried about the apparent lack of promotion or information on it.

Can't be a good sign...

I still have zero clue what the mission to mission management is going to be like.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Good enough for me. I wonder how many planets you'll get to gently caress around in. Sold, gently caress it.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm a bit hungover, where the hell is the MW5 beta missions?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sebmojo posted:

Epic store

I bought it and all that's in my library is "MechWarrior 5 Pre-Purchase"

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
PGI said they'd support modding.

Also this game looks loving rad. Check out this frontflip starting at 12:25:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=havERWgW234&t=744s

Worth every penny.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can’t seem to get co-op working at all. Ugh. Just “failed to connect.”

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This feels like an Early Access game. The core gameplay is fun, but the UI needs an entire rework, the campaign needs way more variety, the AI needs a total makeover... there’s a whole laundry list of work to do. It really feels sort of rushed out.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress do I even want to grab a trainer and just burn through this

drat I really dunno now.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My AI squad is 3 Urbanmechs with the giant retro helmet pilots who are always cracking wise, I figured pure comedy was the best way to play the game

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I downloaded some quality of life mods and am having a lot more fun. There's a casual difficulty modifier that doesn't make it so easy for you to get absolutely ripped apart every mission, which is a huge step up to balance against your deadbrained AI squadmates. My modlist right now is:

-MW5 Mercs Casual Mode
-Fixed Projectile Trails
-Longer Jump Jets
-Improved Laser Beams
-Salvage Fix - More Legged Mechs
-Better Rewards
-Paint Theme Saving
-Increased Loadout Options
-Tonnage Limit Removal
-Enhanced Hud (With Advanced Zoom) <this is a lifesaver
-Better Spawns

I'm sure when MekTek and whoever else take a crack at MW5:Mercs, it'll be a lot better. It seems like there's a lot possible with the UE4 engine.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Daemon x Machina is an armored core like that just dropped on Steam if you’re still hungry for mech action. Rave reviews too.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BurtLington posted:

Hey guys. I made a sound mod that uses some bitchin betty, weapon and music from older Mechwarrior and Mech Commander games!

https://www.nexusmods.com/mechwarrior5mercenaries/mods/102/

Enjoy!

https://streamable.com/f3emh

Oh my god you fixed the power-up dialogue

Goon hero

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Glenn Quebec posted:

I'm still waiting for the MW5 mod that changed spawns to be updated

My understanding and experience is that it still works after the recent updates, weirdly enough

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bubbacub posted:

The planet art was some generic yellowy brown default alien planet too.

Seems on point considering the current progression of climate change.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The vast majority of my Battletech minis collection are actually 3d printed MWO mechs, comically enough

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Infantry confirmed for the next DLC plus a new Beachhead mission type

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clanners rule, freeborns drool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017