Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005
Why is the Piranha so fun?

(at what tier will this stop working in every single game?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005

Mr.Trifecta posted:

Any recommendations for heavy or lights mechs with same dakka dakka.

I will say I have been punching FAR above my weight class with Dual UAC10's on my BSW-X1

Do machine guns count as dakka dakka? If so, buy a piranha

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005

Skippy McPants posted:

King Crab, wut?

why does it have a piano in its mouth

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005

Commoners posted:

The meta in solaris is less about speed and longevity and more about putting out as much damage as possible in as short a period of time as possible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_aXXC4gzLQ

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005

peer posted:

gently caress everyone who votes for polar highlands or the other snow map that isn't frozen city

gently caress you, alpine peaks owns, sitting on a cliff with stealth armor plinking people with a gauss rifle is great

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005

OptimusWang posted:

My Deathstrike with 2x guess and 2x ERLL will take it all day. What does stealth armor do?

Stealth armor makes it so that you can't be target locked and also makes you show up as dark on thermal vision regardless of your heat. The downside is that your heat sinking is basically multiplied by zero.

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005

peer posted:

I don't especially like the Rifleman, IIC or regular, so here's my wish list for next mech, which doubles as a list of the worst designs

Fighter Jet On Legs

lovely Timber Wolf

100 Ton Trash Can

Optimus Prime

Pubbie

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005

Lil Peeler posted:

So how does size mounting work with ballistics and missiles? Same principal just the maximum is 2/5/10/20

AC/2 is small, AC/5 and 10 are medium, AC/20 is large.
SRM 2/4 are small, 6 is medium.
LRM 5 is small, 10 is medium, 15/20 are large.
NARC is medium.

It doesn't look like ECM exists in the game (yet?): none of the Ravens seem to have it as a module, at least.

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005

Richter Scabies posted:

Trying to get back into this and long ago tried the goon build of a Jenner troll build with 6 light lasers, and I still have it. Is this still viable (likely not)? Otherwise building up my c-bills with the trial mechs and remaining cadet bonuses to try out that hell bringer build.

If you want to make people hate you, buy a FLE-20 and run around with 5 SLs, MASC, and stealth armor.

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005

Floppychop posted:

Pretty sure than in any implementation of Battletech or Mechwarrior an Urbie has never been "good".

the k9 is pretty great, especially if you have a macro that spams the siren

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005

Lorem ipsum posted:

Any suggestions for a 400-500m heavy? Something with good torso twist speed and dead siding is always preferred. I have plenty of MRM boats already and I like the playstyle, but I don't need more.

UAC/2 DRG-5N is fun, but it's pretty weird to play compared to other mechs because all of your guns are in your arm and you end up spending all of your time using freelook to shoot at people you can't actually see because there's a big opaque bar in your cockpit right where your arm maxes out its turn angle.

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005

IAmThatIs posted:

I’ve only played one match in the kit fox C and I’m already in love. Triple AMS, ECM, and good laser burns is just :eyepop:

Buy the purifier for its torso omnipods, and get better mounts for your lasers

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005

Cease to Hope posted:

how come everyone who streams this game is either some sort of pastor or a 50 year old white supremacist

Klanners

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005

General Battuta posted:

Aren't they though? You lose a side torso, you die.

Sure, but damage gets spread all over because there's only a 5/36 chance that a specific side torso gets hit.

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005

Marx Headroom posted:

This one is also hilarious, thanks. I had no idea how easily 12 small lasers can just delete things.

If you like that, you'll love this!

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005

dingo with a joint posted:

Hey folks. I've spent two weeks mainlining Mechwarrior 5, and have fallen in love with the Dragon.

How is the Dragon at the moment in Mechwarrior Online? Am I throwing good money after bad if I buy a Dragon? Should I pick up the Dragon bundle instead of an individual chassis?

The DRG-5N with 3x UAC2 in the arm is tons of fun, but playing it well means spending the entire game rotated 90 degrees away from what you're shooting at and using free look to be able to aim your arm across your body, which takes some getting used to.

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005

Third World Reagan posted:

Give me my table top low hull so projectiles are more likely to bounce.

make it so that if you can't see your target's legs, their head hitbox gets bigger

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005

TerminalRaptor posted:

This is a legitimate reason why I don't have an annihilator yet. There's just something about the cockpit/neck that rubs me the wrong way.

https://twitter.com/ChainsawSnuggln/status/1468283710688669705#m

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005
add the yeoman, cowards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005

aniviron posted:

I have to guess they are savvy to the fact that literally no one uses flamers and if they are going to put dev time into a new weapon they want to make it one which people will use. Heat generation weapons are very difficult to balance in this game; if they're not worth using, why bother having them? But if they are worth using, they let you prevent an opponent from playing the game, which loving sucks to play against.

Nice to see you around these parts again Battuta.

They just need to add melee and triple strength myomer to make everyone equally angry!