Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Low Desert Punk posted:

Its gonna be funny as poo poo when this dude dies in a car accident lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

https://twitter.com/denizsapsikyan/status/1090200752251957253

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Taintrunner posted:

we’re in a hosed up age where people post dahir insaat patent trolls unironically

this guy rocks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp7mM2TP_1A

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSqZGTNrPi8

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Low Desert Punk posted:

Those loving scooters keep popping around campus. They kind you pay a dollar for on an app. First there was just the one company, then another, and today I saw Lyft branded ones. They're literally piled on the sidewalk. Parasitic

the street finds its own use for things.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
is Lowtax spying on me through my phone?!!!!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

SlothfulCobra posted:

He also stopped pooping, so I'm not sure he legally qualifies as a person anymore.

he deliberately killed his gut flora because he wanted to poo poo less. I def want to consume food created by a brane genious such as this.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
climate pessimism isn't Malthusian. it isn't about overpopulation. it's more along the lines of: the ecological conditions which permit industrial agriculture are going to disappear as the climate changes and the biosphere undergoes mass extinction and then we all starve to death. or die in wars brought about by the whole starving thing.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Lazyhound posted:

Based on what? I’ve never really gotten that impression from his Twitter presence.

he has some extremely succdem takes about the Russia thing but I don't know what else.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Xand_Man posted:

OK but this rules

everyone in the sport should have robot bones and they can fight until there's nothing but bloody scraps hanging ragged on gleaming metal. :black101::black101::black101:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I worked at a crappy southern state school and they told us how to watch out for that fake invoice poo poo. why are these superstar companies who I assume are operating at an entirely different level falling for that. dude's a king. let him retire to the countryside.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

weird, I'm no longer lonely but I want to kill myself now more than ever!

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Outrail posted:

On first thought the prospect of a brain thing that makes you happy doing your poo poo job sounds great.

Then all the rest of the thoughts slough in and oh gently caress no.

I read a scifi book once where the concept was they would induce autistic obsession in people to turn them into hyper efficient workers who never wanted to quit working at the job they were assigned. I expect there's some startup working on making that happen in reality as we speak.

https://twitter.com/MikeIsaac/status/1113166008712224768?s=20

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

take the moon posted:

was it autonomous? they hooked the brain up to release dopamine when you were productive. then when it went wrong people got hyper ocd and kept doing their job to the point of starving themselves to death in addition to violating osha

I was thinking of A Deepness in the Sky, but that one looks interesting too. have to check that out.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

divabot posted:

those loving shoes. first time I saw someone wearing those loving shoes i thought it was a fetish and they were scening in public. this is, of course, true.

sv hipsters came up with worse shoes than crocs

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

a messed up horse posted:

Wow! Fort Worth chief of police Diana of Themyscira!

"In Texas where we play many binding games, this is considered the safest method of tying a perp's arms!"

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/b_momani/status/1117493976171290625

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

SardonicTyrant posted:

Naughty Saudi sounds like an arab Mr. Bean.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Outrail posted:

Hahahahahaahahahah we're such a dumb smart species.

this is the great filter. we're simultaneously too smart and too stupid and it will be the end of us.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

automation ruins everything. now I'm going to lose my job as a gender estimator.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
doin the work.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
it says they're flushable on the box. if they're lying that aint on me.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Tubgoat posted:

Use TP moistened from a clean water tap, don't be afraid to use 2-3 squares folded together.

when I was a kid I would do that, got up from the seat because I couldn't reach the sink. a heretofore unknown dangler dropped onto the seat and I sat on it. this greatly complicated my situation.

cursory googling on the topic of these things reveals a denial from the company that their stuff clogs sewers. "it's made of wood pulp, it breaks up in water" they say. I may conduct an experiment and leave one in a bowl of water to see how it goes.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Larry Parrish posted:

it's kind of gross to think about anything biological in too much detail, like how we're constantly coated in a thin film of oil and your skin feels completely wrong when not, which is why it's so hard to find soap without lotion in it

I mean i'm covered with a hideous carpet of writhing biology, in addition to my own horrible meaty corpus, like everyone. but I been around people who didn't know how to wipe their rear end properly. you'd know it too if you ran into it. it is an instinctual thing. it isn't like regular rear end-end of a garbage truck in summer BO. it doesn't smell like poo poo, it smells like poo poo that you marinated in a witch's brew.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

jobson groeth posted:

The guillotine cuts because its blade has sufficient mass and velocity. On the moon, the velocity would be much less for the same falling distance, because things fall slower. So for the same cutting power you'd either need a taller guillotine, or a heavier blade, or a combination of the two.

While I'm at it. You'd also need a little extra oomph for cracking through spacesuits, assuming you wanted to do it on the surface and not inside your nice clean moon lander.

Guillotines seem too bulky and elaborate for NASA. Keeping people alive in space is a lot of work, so it seems it ought to be very simple to just stop keeping someone alive, rather than go to the additional bother of killing them.

Also. Guillotines are very low tech and landlubbery, and not sci fi at all. I hope NASA never adopts the guillotine. In sci fi, I think the traditional method of execution is to "space" the offender by putting them in an airlock without a spacesuit and cycling the lock. That seems more fitting to the genre, and as a bonus it works in zero-gee.

yep. the Expanse tv show has a lot of this. just chuck 'em out the airlock. easy peasy. no messy clean up.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
you can jailbreak them and basically just steal them and no one can stop you. go get yourself a free scooter.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

he grew the beard so he'd be harder to replace with a lookalike/pod person

that isn't a beard. it's mold.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/JanelleCShane/status/1131636846084087808

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

bezos looks older in that pic than he does currently so i figured it had to be at least 10-15 years ago.

his steady diet of adrenochrome and child's blood has really worked wonders, hasn't it?

(image search "adrenochrome" for a wild ride)

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

DONT THREAD ON ME posted:

i thought it was a made up thing from fear and loathing

it's a real thing, as in a real chemical, but no one is actually harvesting it from human bodies and eating to artificially extend their lives, despite what some super smart internet people might tell you.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

mysterious frankie posted:

Johnny Depp looks like a lesbian Cryptkeeper busking for cash in New Orleans. Bitch could use some people juice in that dry rear end wine bag he calls a body.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/KPIXtv/status/1134688276542042112

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Darkman Fanpage posted:

what if we did scooters you rent but there will be even more injuries?

this has to be a joke.

haha. it turned out to be a made up viral thing for a marketing company.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
can it see through the turd I smush on the camera? ancient solution to a modern problem.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

that is a seriously Ragin' Boner. no erectile malfunction for our golden boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

According to Uhh Yeah Dude you can’t beat the gait walk scanner even if you purposely walk differently. No lifehack is more powerful than the PRC’s lust for tracking minority muslims

Uighurs walk like this. Han walk like this.