Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Krankenstyle posted:

edit is not quote

It can be if you believe hard enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I guess a gigantic picture of a naked rear end with a string coming out of it isn't NWS on its own or what?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Read the thread title bub, it ain't the cleaniest possible cyberpunk dystopia :colbert:

You are correct, of course. I'm just trying to keep up with the Zeitgeass

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lmao those blades are on ikea drawer rails

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Crow Buddy posted:

Not just on, but I think they are part of the drawer assembly. Just ground down and presumably sharpened.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Platystemon posted:

Hacked, or “ “ “ hacked ” ” ” like whenever a celebrity posts something career‐threatening on Twitter?

You asking if the black lady teacher n-worded herself?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Platystemon posted:

No, I’m suggesting that a student did it and an inside job is being blamed on the Russians or some four-hundred-pound guy.

Oh yeah ok.

I assumed it was a student

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm starting to think companies might be bad
In general

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Unionizing is loving HOT

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Platystemon posted:

Walking with rhythm attracts the Wyrm.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I WISH our government would make that level of attempt at public safety

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SwissArmyDruid posted:

For the past forty years, this country has been held hostage by a political party that believes that government is not the solution to the problem, but that government is the problem. It has been thirty-four years since Reagan said "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help."

And you want THAT underfunded, undermanned, brain-drained, corrupt, government to do something outside of their one and only realm of expertise, to funnel taxpayer cash into private business black holes with zero accountability?

Yes that's precisely what I said and not a disingenuous reading at all

Gold Star

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

blatman posted:

shouldn't be hard, eating is just reverse making GBS threads

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
You're all discounting how big theme parks are for Disney

Mickey is very present. In fact, the very first Mickey themed ride just opened in Orlando before the shutdown

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

This poo poo is dumb

We can do two things at once

I mean, we aren't, but not launching a rocket doesn't end racism or ICE or literally any other problem

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Ehh

I wish we didn't have to ask Musk or Putin to get us into space but I still think the symbolism of a space launch is mixed at worst.

I can be excited about impressive human endeavours and still royally pissed about inequality and bigotry

Maybe I'm too quick to see the anti science angle here, I'll cop to that

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ArmZ posted:

this is going to piss off so many trupm voters

good

trupm voters are bound to be pissed off anyway

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

aphid_licker posted:

So what happens when you post one of those naked mole rats hope they delete it those things are gross

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

This sucks

But yeah a lot of that class war is against those servers by the government who decided to pay them gently caress all during the shutdown. With no customers, they can't feed their families

It's a poo poo situation for sure but it's not that simple

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Relevant Tangent posted:

it's extremely simple, the government decided people who can't wfh need to be culled and are using covid to do so
whether the government acknowledges that decision is the question, not the results

no poo poo but the point is that people are saying anyone who goes to a restaurant where the servers have to wear PPE is a Bad Person, but without their business the servers would have no income

It's a given that the government already hosed them, that's why they're in that situation (although to what degree it's malice and to what degree stupidity and cowardice is up for debate)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Relevant Tangent posted:

patronizing a business during the pandemic does in fact make you a bad person

Nice that you can afford to feed your family, but many, many people rely on the service economy

Lots of "woke" people revealing themselves as bougies lately

Fame Douglas posted:

The virus doesn't care.

No poo poo again, but people have to make as informed a risk assessment as possible regarding guaranteed no income vs possible virus because the government hosed them

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Relevant Tangent posted:

give them money without demanding service
take your food, tip them, and then walk away
again, people who go to restaurants specifically to be waited on are scum
it's not hard to see through your tissue thin concern for people who work to your concern for people who are waited on

You're seeing things that aren't there

I think everyone should be locked the gently caress down. Restaurants should have been ordered by the government to become community food suppliers, creating meals to be supplied to people on lockdown, paid for by the feds. The government could have saved the economy AND kept better medical practices but they loving didn't.

You're just oversimplifying. If everyone only does take out, tons of restaurant staff remain unemployed and completely unpaid - what are THEY supposed to do? When the government forces people to sustain themselves by capitalism, your decisions matter to those people, you can't sit in a perfect world doing the "right thing" while those people starve. All I'm saying is that poo poo's complicated.

Personally I've done a total of 4 grocery runs for touch-free pickup and cooked at home during this time, and obviously I have no intention of trying to prove that to you but it wouldn't matter if I was at a restaurant every day because the argument isn't about ME or YOU, that's just you attempting to deflect with a personal attack instead of engaging with the ideas

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Is this bad faith posting day or replying without reading day?

Rutibex posted:

two wrongs don't make a right dude, thats like toddler level ethics. going out and buying mcdonalds is not the way to help mcdonalds employees right now. if you are using that as a justification for going out to eat you are bad and wrong

I'm sorry to hear you haven't advanced beyond toddler level ethics I suppose

IRL poo poo is more complicated. ONCE AGAIN I AM NOT DOING THAT but I'd love to hear how you are helping mcdonalds employees right now. Or is it enough to know that you're doing the right thing and when they can't feed their kids it's someone else's fault?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

patronizing their workplace would be the opposite of help, because i live in a country where the government will pay them more money if they are fired and the restaurant fails.

Turns out context matters and this poo poo is, in fact, complicated

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Platystemon posted:

All you have to do is install a large enough sound system that the voltage of the electrical system sags substantially when the beat drops.

I just do this with a stock radio and a broken alternator

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bike tory posted:

jesus christ is this real

Looks that way

Lmao @ "why this mistake occurred" like it's a typo in a sales flyer

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PerniciousKnid posted:

You'll get caught in the CROSSFIRE!

Absolve yourself off sin with the crossfriar

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Source your quotes?

Or.. gently caress I don't know

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Coolness Averted posted:

I wouldnt be surprised if the algorithms are also weighted so folks who quickly respond with perfect 5s and click every compliment or whatever less weight to avoid people like us 'gaming' the system.
Yes, still dropping anyone who averages less than 4.0 into a hellqueue, and firing anyone who dips below 3.7 or whatever.

Not the ones I'm aware of

The entire feedback "industry" is complete magical thinking woo nonsense though

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Coolness Averted posted:

yeah I give everyone perfect scores, and all of the compliment buttons, since I've never met a driver who doesn't deserve to eat. I just have always wondered if they account for those of us who do that/know the pain point poo poo that screws those workers with Uber and Lyft.

Not really!

Also a lot of places make it a fireable offense to solicit good scores

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Peanut President posted:

free air (for earners)

being a senior sales person tier 2 sure has its perks

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Taxis should be a well regulated industry and rideshare is horrendous but the way it works now taxi medallions are just money laundering tools for rich shitbags

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Centrist Committee posted:

the bitcoin scam component could be chaff to distract from the real objectives of the hack

or just a Why Not Both scenario

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

HiroProtagonist posted:

More or less what I was thinking, anyway.

I don't think whoever the Twitter insider is was just going to be content with a mere bitcoin payoff. I think access to the internal admin panel also comes attached with knowing how to get at a lot of poo poo that might be a bit more intangible than money but nonetheless just as valuable.

Still, probably a lot harder to blackmail people and get away with it rather than just run off with a shitton of buttcoin

hopefully its more of a hacktivist minded person and we ALSO get some juicy wikileaks out of it

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
New SA will be in 3D and also have tactile feedback for probations

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tulip posted:

lmao

I did recruiting for about two years, and the open ended questions were incredibly useful because some people couldn't answer "So why did you leave this position" without getting extremely racist or misogynistic. It is extremely funny that they're trying to predict job hopping and not "will be awful to work with."

:same:

You also don't really get a sense of how a person thinks and speaks if they just answer simpler questions

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Much like paper writing in school, an interview and the related paraphernalia are, at least in part, a demonstration that you can read the room and produce what's expected

I'm not saying this is the way it should be necessarily, but it's certainly the way it is

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Carthag Tuek posted:

man i cant wait until chatbots get so overly complicated that you can basilisk them and delete all their poo poo remotely

Snow crash but it's just robots lobotomizing each other in some secret war

Brb writing a novel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

actually it ruled in the past. hunter-gatherers did like 1 hour of work per day and spent the rest of the time loving

Yeah but the trade-offs are conditioning and medicine and books and not eating roots all day etc