Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
WHO YA GOT?
Patriots - Eagles
Jaguars - Vikings
Eagles - Jaguars
Vikings - Patriots
View Results

• Locked thread
Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
I do feel the manner of the result has got to help the Vikings, they really did fall apart in the second half but now they've got through that hopefully the nerves won't be as bad and they'll take any setbacks in stride.

...please? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Vando posted:

I do feel the manner of the result has got to help the Vikings, they really did fall apart in the second half but now they've got through that hopefully the nerves won't be as bad and they'll take any setbacks in stride.

...please? :ohdear:

Is Sandejo alive?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
The Steelers should be applauded for letting other teams get over them over the past few years, really its just the Pats that ruin the parity in the AFC. The Patriots are the Hulk Hogans of the NFL when you think about it.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Thaddius the Large posted:

Man, was this mentioned earlier? Just a little icing on the cake:

https://twitter.com/arifhasannfl/status/952743606380580865

Look at these poor kids' names

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

kidcoelacanth posted:

Look at these poor kids' names

Jesus christ they sound like a family of ducks

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Vando posted:

Jesus christ they sound like a family of ducks

fuckin lol

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Let's go Patriots and Tom Brady. What a great weekend of football from soup to nuts.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

WHOOPS posted:

yeah, as much as Nick Foles doesn’t worry me, i think the Eagles having home field is being super underrated. Weather is supposed to be better but still, being on the road and a potential emotional come down doesn’t make me feel like the NFC Championship is a lock.

conversely, the Vikings won on a closing seconds miracle after blowing a 17 point lead so all bets are off for them at this point.

as far as blown leads go it's pretty acceptable to have drew brees come back on you

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
On MLK Day let's read this.

https://mic.com/articles/153029/drew-brees-criticism-of-colin-kaepernick-is-so-old-martin-luther-king-jr-once-decried-it

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
As happy as I am about most of those game results none of it will matter if the pats beat everyone. I'm so loving tired of the pats. It's been almost a full 20 years of Tom Brady. Just go away already so other teams that cheat less aggressively can have a chance

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Does anyone else not see the writing on the wall? The Saints were the only team that could beat the Pats due to having a good pass rush, two stud HBs, and a HOF QB,

Prepare your souls for yet another New England Super Bowl victory.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Blake Bortles in a Super Bowl would be Rex Grossman 2.0.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

John Brown posted:

Does anyone else not see the writing on the wall? The Saints were the only team that could beat the Pats due to having a good pass rush, two stud HBs, and a HOF QB,

Prepare your souls for yet another New England Super Bowl victory.

I just can't take it anymore.

Go Bortles/Foles

Bortles/Keenum is also very acceptable

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

GaussianCopula posted:

Lot's of people in this thread are counting out Touchdown Tom.

Look, we all know the loving Patriots are going to win the loving Super Bowl yet again. Can you please just let us dream for three weeks? Is that so goddamn much to ask?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Sexy Rexy was waaaaaay better than Warbortles

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Eric the Mauve posted:

Look, we all know the loving Patriots are going to win the loving Super Bowl yet again. Can you please just let us dream for three weeks? Is that so goddamn much to ask?

The Vikings will lose to the Patriots by a missed field goal as time expires.

It’s the most Vikings thing that could happen.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

The Vikings will lose to the Patriots by a missed field goal as time expires.

It’s the most Vikings thing that could happen.

In their own stadium!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Dilfer. :colbert:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'm guessing you beg to Dilfer on that one, huh :dadjoke:

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Man, Marcus Williams really hosed up at the end of the Saints-Vikings game, didn't he? I bet they're going to burn him at the stake in NOLA.

Huh, that doesn't fit the narrative at all.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
What narrative? Who is arguing that he should be burnt at the stake?

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

A.o.D. posted:

Man, Marcus Williams really hosed up at the end of the Saints-Vikings game, didn't he? I bet they're going to burn him at the stake in NOLA.

it's almost like angry people on twitter just scream nonsense into the void :thunk:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

A.o.D. posted:

Didn't he have a game changing Pick that helped get New Orleans back into the game too?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
yes. i’m glad NOLA fans were able to be supportive.

and now apparently get a chip on the shoulder about it??

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Eric the Mauve posted:

In their own stadium!

It is known.

Skol Vikings!

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

A.o.D. posted:

That's really cool. Props to those fans.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Man, whoever wins the NFCCG I'm gonna be real excited/happy for them in the Super Bowl. Either we make it and get the Nick Foles/Blake Bortles matchup America craves or we get a chance to avenge the Pats cheating in the Super Bowl.

Conversely if the Vikings win they'll be playing a Super Bowl in their own stadium which is neat as hell, plus they've never won a Super Bowl before.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Flikken posted:

Didn't he have a game changing Pick that helped get New Orleans back into the game too?

Exactly. He doesn't get to miss that tackle if he doesn't make the interception in the 3rd quarter.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
That's really cool. People can be jerks and it's delightful to see the support for a dude who is going to regret that play for the rest of his life.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
I would like a cat-viking super bowl please.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Patrick Spens posted:

Let's go the Jacksonville Late QB Hits.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/952917037843664898

whoa

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

...what?
"You can't hire me, I quit!"

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Kudos to Mularkey for going out on top. Well, on top compared to what he would ever be able to accomplish.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
a man named fuckin Bortles is gonna play in an AFC championship game. what a world

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

... didn't they offer him an extension?

What?

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

SKULL.GIF posted:

What?

I guess they offered it with conditions which he wasn't prepared to accept

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

SKULL.GIF posted:

What?
There is a bunch of discussion going on about it in the Coaching Carousel thread. Some people are saying that they offered him the extension if he would fire his OC.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/teamgleason/status/952714891818921985

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

There is a bunch of discussion going on about it in the Coaching Carousel thread. Some people are saying that they offered him the extension if he would fire his OC.

Yeah. Mularkey just lost a power struggle with the GM they hired last year, nothing more complicated than that. "Who gets to pick the coordinators" is the most common battleground for coach-versus-GM power struggles

• Locked thread