Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kalli posted:

Free agency:

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

Free agency:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-GaXa8tSBE

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Kalli posted:

Free agency:

lmao we deserved our lovely season

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Wow

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/953314528233746434

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
They're right, the team is outcoached often

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Unrelated to my previous comment Mark please fire Gruden and hire Tomlin asap

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

if this happens we will deserve to be Brownsed for a generation

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

if this happens we will deserve to be Brownsed for a generation

It won't. Like the equally deficient (in similar ways too) Cowher, the Rooneys will strike a compromise and try to upgrade his coordinators like when they made Dom Capers assisstant HC after the SB30 loss to Dallas.

I can't imagine Art III deviating from his father's script

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

piss tape israel posted:

lmao we deserved our lovely season

I'm usually the guy who says, "It'll get better!" but lol we're gonna wiff on QB so hard and waste another year.of the defense

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

It won't. Like the equally deficient (in similar ways too) Cowher, the Rooneys will strike a compromise and try to upgrade his coordinators like when they made Dom Capers assisstant HC after the SB30 loss to Dallas.

I can't imagine Art III deviating from his father's script

I know its just funny because for years it was "he is just riding on Cowher's recruits"

and after blowing up the draft for years its now "he doesn't know how to use the young talent"

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I'm usually the guy who says, "It'll get better!" but lol we're gonna wiff on QB so hard and waste another year.of the defense

At least your team got a ring recently.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I know its just funny because for years it was "he is just riding on Cowher's recruits"

and after blowing up the draft for years its now "he doesn't know how to use the young talent"

Tomlin is getting some well deserved heat for the perceived lack of both lockerroom discipline and general preparedness, in-game decisions and the persistent idea that he overlooks opponents.

Cowher got better when forced to, I fully believe Tomlin will too

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

mastershakeman posted:

you'd think someone choosing a beard would try to find one who didn't have a mega mannish jaw

well, the logistical issue with olivia munn in this role was that it was hard for anyone to believe munn, a cosmopolitan hollywood actress, enjoyed hanging out small-town Wisconsin for a good chunk of the year

danica however can sell this

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

CyberPingu posted:

At least your team got a ring recently.

That's why this hurts more. I know what happiness feels like

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Tomlin is getting some well deserved heat for the perceived lack of both lockerroom discipline and general preparedness, in-game decisions and the persistent idea that he overlooks opponents.

Cowher got better when forced to, I fully believe Tomlin will too

Yeah, I can't believe it would happen, but I could believe they divorce themselves from Haley considering his uh... everything, and yeah, sticking Tomlin with new coordinators in general.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Mel Mudkiper posted:

mike tomlin is indisputably one of the best player evaluators in coaching
you don't end up with that much talent despite years of low draft picks otherwise

maybe he should be a GM!

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

3 DONG HORSE posted:

That's why this hurts more. I know what happiness feels like

Ehhhhhhh...

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Tomlin is cool and I'm not really okay with him being fired at this point, but there's no doubt whatsoever that he's terrible with clock management, really bad at challenges and has put a team on the field for the last several years now that lacks discipline.

I don't want to see him go just yet but it's hardly unwarranted if it does happen.

If I was in charge, Haley's gone and if nothing changes next year, I'd probably cut Tomlin loose. If any people need fired, it's Todd Haley and Carnell Lake.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/953326758698381312

Those dirty Patriots will do anything :argh:

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

3 DONG HORSE posted:

What's up, team-with-a-recent-ring-who-is-watching-everything-slide-downhill buddy

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

^I hope you feel bad, ya drat 12 :argh:

CyberPingu posted:

Ehhhhhhh...

The difference is expectations. I watch the Broncos and expect victory and I guess you watch the Jets (?) and expect a disaster to unfold in real time?

e: I won't change that outlook until the roster has aged into dust

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jan 16, 2018

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

sportsgenius86 posted:

Tomlin is cool and I'm not really okay with him being fired at this point, but there's no doubt whatsoever that he's terrible with clock management, really bad at challenges and has put a team on the field for the last several years now that lacks discipline.

I don't want to see him go just yet but it's hardly unwarranted if it does happen.

If I was in charge, Haley's gone and if nothing changes next year, I'd probably cut Tomlin loose. If any people need fired, it's Todd Haley and Carnell Lake.

The question is, who would you replace Tomlin with? Like, the top two candidates this offseason are like Matt Patricia and Josh McDaniels, would you want either of them to replace Tomlin?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Kalli posted:

Yeah, I can't believe it would happen, but I could believe they divorce themselves from Haley considering his uh... everything, and yeah, sticking Tomlin with new coordinators in general.

I can see them telling Haley he won't be doing in-game playcalling anymore, sticking him up in the box. His baggage hurts him, but as always, his father was a Steeler legend, so he has a high degree of insulation from the problems he brings. Maybe I'm wrong, but his offensive scheme and play design are actually quite good. It's his rear end in a top hat interactions with the players and franchise QB that's the issue. They give him a new meaningless title that implies promotion but in actuality separates him from player interaction unless he moves on of his own accord

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

PupsOfWar posted:

well, the logistical issue with olivia munn in this role was that it was hard for anyone to believe munn, a cosmopolitan hollywood actress, enjoyed hanging out small-town Wisconsin for a good chunk of the year

danica however can sell this

doesn't Patrick have a book coming out soon? Hooking up with Rodgers for a couple years is a great way to get some attention. Win/win for both parties.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

For me, it's Keith Butler who needs to go

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

3 DONG HORSE posted:

^I hope you feel bad, ya drat 12 :argh:

The difference is expectations. I watch the Broncos and expect victory and I guess you watch the Jets (?) and expect a disaster to unfold in real time?

e: I won't change that outlook until the roster has aged into dust

Eagles actually

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

sportsgenius86 posted:

How many times do you need to watch his teams gag away games to the Patriots because they never make any defensive adjustments and Brady destroys them? Don't you think that Bell Brown and Ben should've won one super bowl in all these years? His teams chronically underachieve.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Mel you started liking the Steelers way after Tomlin took over from Cowher wtf you talking about

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

mcmagic posted:

How many times do you need to watch his teams gag away games to the Patriots because they never make any defensive adjustments and Brady destroys them? Don't you think that Bell Brown and Ben should've won one super bowl in all these years? His teams chronically underachieve.

If consistently losing the Patriots is chronic underachievement then ever team in the league is underachieving chronically.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

CyberPingu posted:

Eagles actually

Dammit, I knew it was green and flying at least

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Idk, I watched 16 years of Cowher failing in 4 of 6 AFCCGs and 4xs as many early playoff exits bc as a Martyball disciple, he refused to sign, draft or attempt to get a franchise QB for philosophy reasons. He had some of most incredibly stacked teams of the 90s and 00s, and didnt do poo poo with them until he was finally forced to take a real QB prospect.

Still beats whatever the gently caress it is the Jets do

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Idk, I watched 16 years of Cowher failing in 4 of 6 AFCCGs and 4xs as many early playoff exits bc as a Martyball disciple, he refused to sign, draft or attempt to get a franchise QB for philosophy reasons. He had some of most incredibly stacked teams of the 90s and 00s, and didnt do poo poo with them until he was finally forced to take a real QB prospect.

Still beats whatever the gently caress it is the Jets do

The Jets don't have that level of talent and probably haven't in their history as an NFL team. Any way you slice it, they have underachieved.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Imagine what Bowles could do with the Steelers roster

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Tomlin's record vs each team: (including playoffs)

4-0 Bills
3-0 Lions, rams, Washington
2-0 Panthers, Falcons
19-3 Browns
5-1 Colts
4-1 Chargers
18-5 Bengals
6-2 Chiefs
3-1 Texans, Packers, Cardinals
2-1 49ers, Seahawks, Giants, Vikings
4-2 Dolphins
5-3 Titans
4-3 Jets
13-12 Ravens
1-1 Buccaneers
3-4 Jaguars
2-3 Raiders
1-2 Eagles, Cowboys
2-4 Broncos
2-7 Patriots
0-2 Saints
0-3 Bears

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

mcmagic posted:

The Jets don't have that level of talent and probably haven't in their history as an NFL team. Any way you slice it, they have underachieved.

Then they've under-achieved for 30 years under 2 very similar coaches. Guess that will happen when neither of those coaches are on Noll, Walsh, Landry or Shula's level (extremely rare coaching level) or Belichick's (once in a lifetime coaching level).

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

And because I find it funny, Belichick's record in New England vs everyone:

7-0 Jaguars
6-0 Falcons
4-0 Cowboys
9-1 Texans
7-1 Titans
31-5 Bills
6 -1 Raiders
5-1 Rams
4-1 Buccaneers, Eagles, Saints, Vikings, Lions, Bears
11-3 Steelers
7-2 Bengals
3-1 Washington, 49ers, Cardinals
6-2 Browns
8-3 Chargers, Ravens
15-6 Colts
27-11 Jets
6-3 Chiefs
23-13 Dolphins
3-2 Seahawks
10-9 Broncos
2-2 Packers
3-3 Giants, Panthers

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
If a 116-60 record, 3 championship games(won 2) and 2 super bowls(won 1) in 11 years, please sign my team up for that poo poo.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Good god compares to the Jets and Bills Miami is a thorn in NEs side

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

The Pats under Belichick should have like 8 -10 SBs by now and it cements their fraud status that they dont.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Kalli posted:

And because I find it funny, Belichick's record in New England vs everyone:

3-2 Seahawks
10-9 Broncos
2-2 Packers
3-3 Giants, Panthers

These teams are full of heroes and warriors of justice.

• Locked thread