Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

:siren: SIGN UP TO THE ROYAL RUMBLE ROULETTE! :siren:
  • A recap of Braun dropping the lighting rig onto Kane and Brock last week. Braun came out to brag about it, but was cut off by Kurt Angle who was upset that he cost them a lot of money... oh yeah and also that he nearly murdered two people! Braun don't care. Kurt got upset. Braun don't care. Kurt fired Braun. Braun was left speechless.

• Security was following Braun backstage as he grumbled about being fired. Braun finally noticed they were there, much to their horror, and loomed over them as they cut to commercial.

• After the break they were still following him but when Braun paused at the door one of the guards made the mistake on insisting Braun leave. Braun proceeded to murder those foolish enough to stay, and chase down and murder those foolish enough to run. Braun bellowed that he wasn't leaving until EVERYBODY caught these hands.

• Titus and Apollo defeated The Bar yet again, though purely thanks to a distraction when Jason Jordan's music played and he walked out onto the ramp. Seth Rollins stormed out afterwards to yell at Jason, who was very pleased with himself.

• Braun literally kicked down Kurt Angle's door and smashed up his office when he couldn't find him.

• Jacqueline, Terri Runnels, Maria, Trish and Kelly Kelly will all be on the 25th Anniversay of Raw show.

• Braun smashed his way through catering, murdering people including Curt Hawkins. He found a terrified caterer holding a cake just standing still in the room, and took the time to eat some cake before leaving.

• Enzo and Tony Nese came out to talk trash about Cedric Alexander. Goldust and Cedric came out and talked trash about Enzo.

• Braun rolled a dumpster at a squealing, terrified referee.

• Enzo was left silently fuming after watching Cedric defeat Tony Neese.

• Kurt was in his office surveying the damage and saying he'd never seen anything like this, despite having been part of the Attitude Era at the same time as Stone Cold Steve Austin. He was informed that Braun was approaching the production trucks and said in the most :geno: way possible,"Oh God they're worth 12 million dollars."

• Braun stormed into the production truck, demanded to know what everything did, ran the people off then... just left. They all went back to their stations but then realized he had hooked up the truck and was trying to drive it out of the building. He got out and tried to tip the truck, left when Kurt showed up and said he'd called the cops... then ran back and tipped the truck over.

• Braun stormed back out to the entrance ramp, spotted the commentary table and lurched over and grabbed Michael Cole and started hauling him away. Kurt rushed out and told Braun that Stephanie McMahon had called him and rehired Braun so he was no longer fired. Braun started to leave, then grabbed Cole again and tossed him into a bunch of people before leaving.

• Among the other former stars scheduled to be on the 25th Anniversary of Raw (including Stone Cold Steve Austin) are Eric Bischoff, and perhaps most interesting, Chris Jericho.

• Young Boy Tom took Michael Cole's place on commentary.

• Asuka defeated Nia Jax by damaging her leg to the point that she couldn't continue, so the referee called an end to the match.

• Jason Jordan met with Kurt Angle backstage to request on Seth's (unknowing) behalf that Seth get another shot at Finn Balor.

• They played a very good and touching tribute to Martin Luther King Jr.

• Alexa was frantic backstage about Nia's defeat. Enzo showed up to check up on Nia who was also concerned about his ankle, and Alexa got upset when both Enzo and Nia told her that she could go.

• The Revival defeated a couple of jobbers in short order. The Revival did an interview in the ring afterwards claiming they were the best and bringing back old school tag-team wrestling. They dismissed the current tag team roster, weren't interested in the old stars returning for the 25th Anniversary, and claimed they would run tag team wrestling now and into the future.

• Elias wished Michael Cole the best, sang about wanting to get his hands on John Cena again, and mocked the Spurs which got a lot of heat. Then he introduced the Miz. Miz did a promo about how the Intercontinental Title only had prestige again because of HIM and that he was going to take it back from Roman on the 25th Anniversary of Raw.

• Roman (eventually) defeated Curtis Axel and Bo Dallas in a handicap match. Miz attempted to distract Roman at multiple points but would back down whenever Roman came after him. Post-match he started to storm down to the ring to fight Roman but then backed off immediately.

• The Godfather, Brother Love, Boogeyman, Brooklyn Brawler, Teddy Long, The Million Dollar Man and Sergeant Slaughter will all be on the 25th Anniversary of Raw.

• Sonya DeVille pinned Sasha Banks in a short match. Bayley, Mickie James, Mandy Rose and Paige were all at ringside. Paige was in gear but did not get physically involved.

• Jason and Seth talked backstage about Seth wanting Jason to understand they were team-mates, and that Jordan needed to communicate with him about what he was doing so Seth could be informed and, if necessary, have his back.

• Woken Matt Hardy defeated Heath Slater in a match with very little heat, and very subdued reactions for Woken Matt.

• Goldberg is the first Inductee into the 2018 Hall of Fame class.

• Finn Balor looked to have gotten a three count pinfall on Seth Rollins but the match was not called off. Commentary specifically mentioned this after the match was over.

• The Bar came out late into Seth Rollins/Finn Balor to get at Jason Jordan. He dodged and they ran into Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows and the four started brawling. Finn looked to have the upper hand on Seth but was tripped by Jordan as running the ropes, freeing up Seth to hit the Curb Stomp (no mention on commentary) and get the win.

• There was a lengthy and weird over-run of the Balor Club in the ring, with Finn looking out of it before finally managing to get to his feet as the show finally went off the air.

• Jinder Mahal defeated Xavier after a close to 20 minute match. In the last few minutes, the Singhs tried to get involved and were run off by BIG E and Kofi. But Jinder was able to avoid Xavier's elbow drop and hit the Khallas to advance to the finals of the United States Title Tournament.

• Corbin did a promo about how he is perfect for the Royal Rumble, because as a Lone Wolf he is used to not being concerned about friends or allies and only looking out for himself.

• AJ Styles was interviewed by Renee backstage where he said that Kevin and Sami ("Kami") would not win the title in the handicap match at Royal Rumble and become Co-Champions, because he was going to retain his title.

• A series of women wrestlers did self-shot promos about winning the Rumble. The editing of this segment was really, really bad.

• Bobby Roode defeated Mojo Rawley in another long match (it ended an hour into the show) but was immediately jumped by the Singh Brothers who beat on him then quickly escaped the ring. Jinder waited at the top of the ramp and mocked Bobby on the mic. Bobby grabbed a mic and said they shouldn't wait till next week but have the match tonight. Jinder refused, but then Daniel Bryan came out and happily declared it was a great idea and they would have the match TONIGHT!

• In a pre-recorded promo by Orton, he claimed the Royal Rumble was the perfect match for somebody like him and he was going to win it for the 3rd time.

• The Riott Squad defeated Charlotte, Becky and Naomi, with Liv Morgan getting the pin on Naomi.

• The Usos did an interview backstage where neither was exactly sure which was Jimmy and which was Jey. Then they got jumped by Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin, who left them laying and told them they knew exactly who they were.

• Shinsuke appeared in a pre-recorded promo to declare he was going to win the Royal Rumble (he better!)

• Shane McMahon came out to watch the US Title match.

• Breezango accepted Rusev Day's challenge for a rematch next week, but informed a surprised Ascension (who were reading Gluten Free Magazine) that it was THEM who would be facing Rusev Day.

• Jinder and Bobby Roode were already in the ring after the commercial break, so the only one in the main event to get a televised entrance was Shane McMahon. Roode was selling a rib injury from his match with Mojo.

• Bobby Roode defeated Jinder Mahal to become the new United States Champion. The match was again long, with Jinder going for the Khallas but being turned into the Glorious DDT. Shane McMahon and Daniel Bryan entered the ring to present him with the belt and shake his hand as the show went off the air.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jan 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Seth Rollins brought back the Curb Stomp on MLK Day lmfao

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

At least he stomped a white guy this time

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
The destruction part of RAW was cool and good. Also its weird! Nia Jax and Asuka had a decent match!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hell yeah I got the thread title

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Is this the second time he's done this on MLK Day? Is Seth trying to tell us something? :allears:

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Would have been a rad raw if Braun's rampage lasted the whole time (or even like, multiple weeks...)

Finn/Seth was a great TV match, hope Finn isn't concussed or something because that ending was weird af

The rest was trash pretty much

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

First half of Raw was so much fun, then Stephanie McMahon capitulated to terrorist demands off-screen and then the show just got kind of dull.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
On the one hand that ending was weird and possibly bad. On the other the match was fire, the return of the stomp is welcome even though the timing is problematic, and everything with Braun was fantastic.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

What the gently caress was the last fifteen minutes of Raw

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Seems like the first and last part of the show should have been switched around.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

On the one hand that ending was weird and possibly bad. On the other the match was fire, the return of the stomp is welcome even though the timing is problematic, and everything with Braun was fantastic.

The curb stomp is probably only back to sell Finn having a mega injury sorry to say, would be v happy to be wrong

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

The "end Raw" button was in the part of the truck Braun flipped

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

That DICK! posted:

The curb stomp is probably only back to sell Finn having a mega injury sorry to say, would be v happy to be wrong

Plausible, or it could just be to get him some babyface pops after getting screwed out of the match twice, etc. If it was an angle it was really badly executed.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Seth didn't see Jordan trip Finn did he? I feel like this is setting up additional tension with Seth disagreeing with how Jordan approaches things and that being the reason for the split. I'm guessing why they chose that ending assuming it's what they wanted was for Seth to apologize to Finn next week (see also the ref "botch") and offer a rematch, which Jordan will bitch about.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Graves called it the Blackout, I dunno if that's Graves being awesome and on his toes or even more unfortunate timing. :laffo:

jred250
Sep 7, 2003
F Zero Novice
CURB STOMP IS BACK YES! NOW BRING BACK THE BLONDE STREAK YOU FUCKERS

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

Graves called it the Blackout, I dunno if that's Graves being awesome and on his toes or even more unfortunate timing. :laffo:

That's the name of the move. Always has been though the announcers almost never called it.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Seth didn't see Jordan trip Finn did he? I feel like this is setting up additional tension with Seth disagreeing with how Jordan approaches things and that being the reason for the split. I'm guessing why they chose that ending assuming it's what they wanted was for Seth to apologize to Finn next week (see also the ref "botch") and offer a rematch, which Jordan will bitch about.

Oh yeah, he had his head down and timed it perfectly looking up just as Finn was starting to get up and hit the Blackout, they're actually handling the booking with this Jordan/Seth thing well

Troxartas fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Jan 16, 2018

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Troxartas posted:

Oh yeah, he had his head down and timed it perfectly looking up just as Finn was starting to get up and hit the Blackout, they're actually handling the booking with this Jordan/Seththing well

And for the record I noticed that on first watch. So I'm not just retroactively trying to make sense of it.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

VJeff posted:

I feel like that was him trying to give a nod to the move's old name but boy oh boy is it an awkward day to do that :v:

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/953124456385323008

Holy poo poo

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
lol i noticed that was Dunn too

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Seth Rollins was always good

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
How cold the crowd was for all that Braun poo poo was v funny

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/WWENetwork/status/953125691041636353
My god

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
that ending was weird as hell

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That's the name of the move. Always has been though the announcers almost never called it.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I feel like that was him trying to give a nod to the move's old name but boy oh boy is it an awkward day to do that :v:

That's what I meant. I was like "Oh, Graves called it its old name, that's so cool." but then with the timing....*pulls at collar*

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Finn is even selling the stomp on twitter

https://twitter.com/FinnBalor/status/953133078305759232

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I think they called it peace of mind for like a week in 2013

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I didn't watch RAW. I don't have an opinion on it one way or another.

But I guess I have the WWE app on my phone? Or maybe its ESPN sending me updates? Either way I get RAW updates that I don't really care about but also don't care enough about to stop.

Tonight I got two updates.
"Kurt Angle fires Braun Strowman"
"Stephanie McMahon hires back Braun Strowman"

It made me laugh.

I also got a third one that said "Roman Reigns beats the Miz-tourage in a 2-on-1 handicap match." Which made me giggle for a different reason. Was that really worthy of a news update?

That's my story. Thanks for listening.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Did Seth really spend two years having to cycle through terrible finishers because they didn't think to call the Curb Stomp something else

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

Did Seth really spend two years having to cycle through terrible finishers because they didn't think to call the Curb Stomp something else

Vince is busy with football, time to bring back the stuff he banned for dumb reasons! :v:

For the best version of this, go look up Brian Kendrick selling green mist on twitter.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Benne posted:

Seth said Vince thought it would be too easy for kids to imitate. Now that children have been eradicated from the planet, it's no longer an issue.

(Specifically, Vince said he could see Shane doing it to Stephanie when they were kids, which is a wonderful image.)

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Benne posted:

No. I'd be honestly shocked if it's a full time return.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

No. I'd be honestly shocked if it's a full time return.

https://twitter.com/WWERollins/status/953141652528488448

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

I'm shocked Jason Jordan in the corner.

This is going to be like when they brought back the Anonymous GM so they could finally reveal who was behind it all along. I suspect this will be Hornswoggle again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

:aaa:

Good things can happen?

Also I rewatched it and Finn was just selling like a boss. It looks vicious as gently caress but if you watch closely it's fine.

• Locked thread