Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
Embryonic and Oczy Mlody are two of their best albums imo. Oczy is weird as hell but once you center on in on what the album's about it's an even more depressing record than The Terror, and I think there's a lot of fun stuff going on musically. I'm in a weird place with FLips where I couldn't really care less about what they're up to nowadays but I liked their last album a lot so I'll check out whatever it is they do next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Well there's certainly more creativity and ambition in this thing than the last decade of the Lips' career
but the last main three flaming lips albums are pretty great
peace sword is solid too

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

precision posted:

It's amazing.

And I just now learned there were TWO of them - "A Saucerful of Pink" (the one I had) and "The Other Side of Pink". Many of the same bands are on both.

Flaming Lips are putting out a Greatest Hits album because of course they are. :geno:

That is like the most embarrassing possible "greatest hits of the Warner Years" they could possibly have picked. It's more like a WORST OF. :mad:

Also they released a "new" song. It sucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIZ_5ZQC2Po

gently caress you wayne coyne
idk that new song sounds fine to me

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

oczy mlody is dope stop hating

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

it's a good album just like the last few albums have also been good albums

the flaming lips make good music and I am unsurprised that they have continued to do so

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

it's not, really. some of it definitely harkens back to the simpler, more pleasant compositions of that era but the album overall feels like a confident progression forward from Oczy, rather than a retread

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

It's very very good, another great Flaming Lips record. Last half is even stronger than the already-good first half

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

oh hey this thread is still alive. Neat!

I still love The Flaming Lips and don't think they've ever stopped putting out excellent material. Saw the last week in Chicago and it was the best show I've ever been to, insane set with tons of energy.