Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

The youngest nominee for Best Actor was actually for a 9-year old apparently, although that was for a movie in 1931. Although it looks like the youngest winner is Adrien Brody who was 29 at the time, which is sort of surprising. So Chalamet would be the youngest if he actually wins, but I don’t know how likely that is with DDL and Oldman in the running. I think it would be kind of cool if he won though, everyone already knows DDL rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

If it’s the review I’m thinking of, the major complaint was the age difference, which I do kind of agree about. But the review was basically just “I morally disapprove of this”, which isn’t exactly what I would call a review.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

What do you all think about the director saying he wants to do a sort of trilogy in the style of Before Sunrise? Personally, I thought the movie was fantastic but I also tend to think less is more a lot of the time, especially in regards to movies. Also, I guess the director mentioned he would want the sequel to focus more on HIV/AIDS, which I would be pretty unenthused about honestly.

I haven't read the book, but instead of the telephone scene they meet in person 20 or so years later. I thought the ending to the movie was pretty final, but perhaps the book ending left more room for a possible continuation of their relationship.

All of that said, if Guadagnino and the main cast decided they all wanted to do another one I would obviously see it. But I'm pretty good with the ending we got.

• Locked thread