Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the US Title Tournament?
This poll is closed.
Xavier Woods 2 10.53%
Jinder Mahal 2 10.53%
Mojo Rawley 3 15.79%
Bobby Roode 2 10.53%
THE BIG DOG! 10 52.63%
Total: 19 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Xavier Woods and Jinder Mahal clash in United States Title Tournament Semifinal
The United States Championship Tournament continues this Tuesday on SmackDown LIVE with the Semifinal Round, and the first matchup will see The New Day’s Xavier Woods taking on former WWE Champion Jinder Mahal. Woods’ impressive showing in the first round against Aiden English has many believing he can knock Mahal out of the running.

Bobby Roode battles Mojo Rawley in United States Title Tournament Semifinal
The second semifinal battle will see Bobby Roode clash with Mojo Rawley. Roode made it to this point by defeating former United States Champion Baron Corbin, while Rawley pummeled his former Hype Bros partner Zack Ryder to cement his spot in the semifinals.

Charlotte Flair, Naomi & Becky Lynch take on The Riott Squad
After being defeated last Tuesday by Becky Lynch, Ruby Riott showed that she and The Riott Squad would not be backing down from The Irish Lass Kicker, SmackDown Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair and Naomi, issuing a challenge for a Six-Woman Tag Team Match this week on SmackDown LIVE.

How will Owens & Zayn react to Shane McMahon’s meddling in their match?
Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn tried to sneak out of a 3-on-2 Handicap Match against AJ Styles, Randy Orton & Shinsuke Nakamura last week, once by count-out and once by disqualification, but were thwarted twice by SmackDown LIVE Commissioner Shane McMahon, who turned the bout into a No Count-out, No Disqualification brawl.

That did not go well for Owens & Zayn, who felt the wrath of their three rivals before suffering defeat. Surely, this Tuesday, the two friends will be looking for answers. Will they get what they’re looking for from SmackDown LIVE General Manager Daniel Bryan, who many* think is giving them special treatment?

* Almost Nobody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

shiksa posted:

unironically give xavier the belt

God I wish.

I'm assuming the winner of this match and the whole tournament will be Jinder, which isn't even that bad a choice. But Xavier is so great.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Fucccccck I have to wait till Autumn for Monster Hunter World to come out on PC :negative:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Benne posted:

I tune in late and what the gently caress the show started with a wrestling match? No 20-minute Shane and Bryan promo? :stare:

Yeah, there was like 5 minutes of Xavier doing a promo then the match started and has been going for close to 20 minutes now :stare:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

CarlCX posted:

man, Xavier would've been so much more fun.

Yeah, though I have to say Jinder being US Champion is probably the best use for him if they really are serious about making him a prominent heel.

But Xavier as US Champ would have been so fun.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This is really, really, really badly put together.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shima Honnou posted:

lol apparently a meteor just fell into the sky over Detroit and exploded like that one thing that happened in Russia a few years back. We didn't hear or see poo poo here in the ghetto but apparently people as far out as Lansing and Toledo are saying they heard it.

https://twitter.com/EliotDolgin/status/953437240763539456

Our status as the lovely reality confirmed, our version of Superman landed in Detroit instead of Kansas.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Writer Cath posted:

How has Smackdown been so far?

Very heavy on the wrestling, but with some really bad promos as well.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lol Mojo, broke up with Ryder so he could lose in the semi-finals for the midcard belt.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I somehow love Daniel Bryan: General Manager who takes things literally.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

a new study bible! posted:

Remember Talking Smack?

Every day I light a candle and say a prayer for our fallen comrade.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Has Ruby Riott commented on how she feels about having to get her neck broken to continue the theme of just doing what Absolution does every week?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

VJeff posted:

I'm going to try and say something good about this match.

It's over now :shrug:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

VJeff posted:

Well I guess WWE doesn't care about the DUI!

Jimmy and Jey were actually shooting there about not knowing which was which, so WWE doesn't know who to suspend.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

We almost made it through the show without him :sigh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The friendship between Breezango and The Ascension has been such a wonderful, unexpected thing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

VJeff posted:

So real quick, what do we think the odds are that Ziggler interferes, setting up a triple threat nobody cares about for the Rumble.

I was assuming Roode would win and then face Ziggler at the Rumble, but then I remembered they actually already had a lengthy and completely forgettable feud. Plus Jinder ending up the US Champ makes the most sense, but Ziggler/Jinder at the Rumble doesn't, so yeah I have to assume it's going to be a triple threat at the Rumble with Jinder winning.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

They cut away as he was tearing it off :mad:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

GrimGypsy posted:

so no orton, shinsuke, zayn, owens, or styles at all except brief pretaped videos

seems smart & fine

They actually included "How will Sami and Kevin react to Shane?" in the preview too.

This Smackdown has been weird - it's been heavily wrestling focused but everything feels like it has a weird disconnect/going through the motions feel.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Was hoping the Mixed Match Challenge would play live on the Network for people outside of the US, but according to their schedule it won't be :mad:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh. OH!

Well, okay?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I dug Bobby seeing Jinder's arm coming up and pushing it back down.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I love how much the MMC competitors seem to be really enjoying this AND largely being left alone to do as they feel.

Oh I guess Michael Cole is fine :shrug:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God the cat ears :xd:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

PASS THE MASH posted:

Natalya is your drunk aunt

I agree that Nattie loving rules

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

No way to watch this in anywhere but the UK or US it seems.

I'm using a stream because it's not available outside of the US otherwise :shrug:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shinsuke: Welp I saved Nattie once, that'll do :shrug:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

PASS THE MASH posted:

Becky's making puns in the chat and it is wonderful

Cole is reading them out :negative:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Nattie needs to work on her pronunciation and say,"AX HER! AX HER! :mad:" ala Jericho.

Well gee maybe if they hadn't artificially restricted it to US only....

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

NATTIE! :hellyeah:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Jiro posted:

It's somehow at 129.8k.

The 4.5k was shares, apparently, as opposed to viewers.

Still say it's dumb as gently caress to make it US only.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ahhh geez man

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

At least now I can safely root for Becky and Sami to win it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Asuka/Miz vs Carmella/BIG E - another match where I don't want either team to lose

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Furious Asuka and confused Miz :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Goldust is crazy, the last time a guy much bigger than Enzo challenged him to a fight, the big guy just effortlessly beat him up week after week after week then accidentally got badly injured and then his girlfriend left him.

Let that be a lesson to ya.

• Locked thread