Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LosMein
Feb 15, 2006
Post your favorite romantic/lovey/cheesy poem, article, reading, video, song, movie, anything. It can be serious about being in love, but if you want to post something like a good song for hooking up, or something light and funny, or even something that's not entirely related but brings up romantic memories for you, that's fine too. It can be bright and positive or bittersweet and heartbreaking too. Let's talk about it all.

Full disclosure:
I've been trying to write a wedding ceremony for my friends that are getting married but I am having trouble finding a reading or poem that I like - hence my motivation for starting the thread. Searching online is difficult because the same dozen things come up and if I hear 1 Corinthians or Pablo Neruda again, I'm going to pull out the little remaining hair I have left on my head. If anyone has a good, thoughtful idea, that would be very much appreciated.

For some content:

After making GBS threads on Neruda, I actually really like the movie Il Postino that came out in 1995. A little cheesy in retrospect, but cute and sad, I think it's a pretty good romantic movie. Especially bittersweet knowing the lead actor (the younger guy, not the guy that played Neruda) died the day after filming ended.

And while I don't normally look to sitcoms for sage advice on love and heartbreak, there's something about this clip from later-years Frasier that stuck with me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h10lBcab0jM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
I once had the song "I Choose You" by S. Bareilles on repeat for 16 work days straight. All day, every day, one song

Second only to a bunch of Chvrches songs

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
I recommend you quote tracts from Wittgenstein, Newton or any of the other dead peeps who we're pretty sure died virgins or gay virgins

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I like the stammered rambly David Cassidy rant Hugh Grant goes on at the end of Four Weddings and a Funeral.

I think it is very sweet.

• Locked thread