Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I am the reaper hahaha, I will win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Max posted:

This is a correct summary of events.

Gulag's vote is OK because it's a gut call and generally town are more open to putting those out there. It read like a sort of not joke which is why I called that out.
YPM is just inherently scummy but also looks a little iffy after I had laid something down to make it seam like steam might be picking up on thran, which is why I unvoted.

Dick Bastardly.

Max posted:

Do not kill tobbs, he is cool and good and a player.

:(

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
who agrees that YPM is inherently scummy (regardless of actual alignment)?

(for the record I am not claiming to agree with that sentiment, but I want to know who does)

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Also I want to mention I have zero experience with whatever TWEWY is and my role PM is chock-full of flavorful nonsense.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Max posted:

I said you because you were maybe one of the last people to check in at this point.

:)

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Max posted:

Hmm that's what you took from my post?

well, it piqued my interest because I feel YPM is acting weird and "oh don't worry he's always like that" seems a bit defensive.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Hal Incandenza posted:

I don't think that is true. He has a very opaque style that doesn't always making reading him easy, but there are plenty of times where he makes good and sensible points and has opinions that evolve as circumstances change.

What do you make of Max so far?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Your Personal Muse posted:

To clarify: my vote on Thran was serious(ish) but his response makes me feel better about him. Everyone voting me is a bunch of dorks

And by "everyone voting you" ("voting" implying "currently voting", which was not the case at the time of your post) you mean just one (Tobbs) and by "bunch of dorks" you mean "a dork"?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Are you talking about my “trap vote”?

Max posted:

No he means mine.

WTF is this? lol

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Alright, I re-read (sifting through all the non-mafia game related post is annoying af and possibly scummy) and I think i get where YPM and Max are coming from. But I can't shake the feeling somethig's up with that. Perhaps scums manufactured a fake "trap" to gain credibility?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

I guess? Does this make you feel like a big man, owning me like this

I'm only interested in the cold hard facts and am making an effort to straighten things out when there are inconsistencies.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

To be fair mine wasn’t a trap. I was :siren: LYING :siren: about my gambit because all gambits are just people loving around and then claiming it was a gambit. I said a thing, someone responded to it, I voted them.

I might not be a good mafia player but, correct me if I'm wrong, but that doesn't seem pro-town to me.

##vote YPM

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

PMush Perfect posted:

Because lying is always bad and wrong and making policy votes is easier than pretending to have opinions on who's scum.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
see above

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

blarg posts upon posts

but yeah, this was in response ypm. Pmush explained as well (probably a lot better actually) as I could.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I am player aligned, I skimmed through a lot of the 200+ posts I came into, made my gut-opinion known as flawed as you all seem to agree it is. Re-read the whole thing with ypm vs. thran, still have gut feels about ypm and note that Max seems to be very interested in protecting ypm and the gambit narrative. That where im at, please details how dumb my opinion is so we can continue hunting badmans.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
also iv'e been drinking. which is also very me. *shrug*

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

merk posted:

Is drunk posting still bannable? Don't post things like this.

lies.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I stand corrected, my apologies.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
everything iv'e posted so far WAS A JOKE AHAHAHAHAH GET IT? HAHAH funnymans

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

merk posted:

Leading a post with the town alignment to try to gain credibility with the thread is like Bad Scum Playbook Chapter I

I was answering a direct question with a direct answer.

Max posted:

DB, are you a player?

thanks for paying attention

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

merk posted:

When did this turn into a thing? No one should ever do this terrible thing.

and yet ypm is 100% town because he's claiming he did it, this is cool and good.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Ypm, did you or did you not intentionally "trap/gambit" post in this game?

Yes or no?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

I did not as I explained before and is pretty clear from my posting history. Didn’t you vote me because I said that I didn’t actually do any gambits?

I voted because I thought you were seriously taking credit for a gambit and then back peddling out of it by claiming it was a lie. I'm probably missing something and i do have a tendency to tunnel on a gut feeling without logic.

##unvote

I have no idea whats happening.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I think I might have been reading jokes as serious posts.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

PMush Perfect posted:

Definitely see the Cat thing.

Think the 'DB got heat too quickly' countercase(?) is bullshit, possibly scum soft defending their buddy. No matter who decided to vote him, that doesn't change his lurky self-conscious play.

Do you think there are/were any scum bussing me among those that have voted me?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. F! posted:

I think lurkers should always be called out. There’s no “too early” to calling out lurkers

I could see it if it's like.... less than 8 hours to deadline, but we have a whole 29 hours left until deadline.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. F! posted:

If you don’t call out lurkers asap then they can skate by easier. You’ll forget about them tomorrow so why not say something to them today

My memory is poo poo, but I can always just... look at the post count and say "ok, so-and-so is scummy for lurking" at minus 8 hours to deadline versus immediately. I mean where do you draw the line?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Although I will say that part of the reason I’m keeping my vote on DB is that it could be rustiness on the part of Merk.

If I may, I think what YPM means is that merk mightbe rusty (forgot how to mafia optimally) and therefore deserving of a break from YPM's suspicion.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

CCKeane posted:

Can I ask why you wanted to answer for YPM?

I didn't want it to slip away into the abyss, I want YPM to verify or refute. I don't want this question to go unanswered, I'm putting YPM on the spot.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Why'd you do it mags?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

PMush Perfect posted:

How likely is it that Mags is a scum with a dayvig?

I was thinking the same thing

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Scum with a dayvig would only be balanced if they lack a NK imo. Also I am dumb so my opinions are also dumb.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

CCKeane posted:

Can you elaborate?

Well, if mags is in fact scum with a dayvig (assuming it wasn't a one-shot), then scum also having an night kill seems op to me.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

GeneX posted:

Oh while I'm on the topic, DB, you never answered my earlier question: what do you actually think of Max?

At first I felt like max was defending YPM at a time when i thought YPM was scummy, but now I've cooled quite a bit on Max for two reasons:

1. Max specifically asked someone earlier about their "town" alignment. The wording being the issue as "town" in this game are "player-aligned"
2. I believe I read a soft claim of a masonry between max and someone, i think it was bminus? anyway I have reason to believe masons are player-aligned this game. although i guess i wouldn't rule out 3p.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I've also cooled on YPM for the same reason as #2 above, which yes, I do realize was already in thread even during my suss on YPM. Following that logic, Soag is likely player-aligned or 3p as well.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Xad posted:

What made you think there's a masonry between anyone this early?

There have been breadcrumbs and soft claims made. Do you want me to find them and quote them? (im lazy and would rather not, but I will)

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

curiousCat posted:

I'm pretty sure it's because I said "town" instead of "player" one time

Max caught this and pressed you on it which is why I believe max to be player aligned.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

curiousCat posted:

ok if you're town dude
maybe don't be like
"haha I think these two are masons"
that doesn't really help I'm pretty sure

look, im just re-introducing information to explain (as was requested of me) why I think Max is player aligned. All that info was out there already and volunteered by the players themselves.

Scum already knows who the players are, so I don't see why bringing this up would be problematic.... but then again im dumb as previously mentioned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

GulagDolls posted:

seems kind of meaningless. i had no idea what max was getting at at the time either.

the sample flip in the OP states "town-aligned" so scum couldn't possibly know that "player-aligned" is the wording from the town role PMs at the time Max pressed cat on the issue.

• Locked thread