Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'll play

AIM: nickmerker
PMs: yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Chic Trombone posted:

woah, merk, how've you been guy

I've been great! Thank you so much for asking.

How are you?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Big games take more than one day to fill now? What happened to this community?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Maybe we should implement something like a Big Game Queue

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

GulagDolls posted:

it was YOU, merk....YOU did this..

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I’m a guy in this game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Her: “Nick, what is this poo poo?”

Me: “Ok, in 2003 I joined the Something Awful forums...”

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote gulag will literally never try to find scum regardless of alignment.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

The Ninth Layer posted:

##vote merk hi merk!

Hello

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

GulagDolls posted:

merk hasnt even been here in 12 years. i got murdered at lylo in a game because he dropped out of it and no other reasons at all. who the gently caress are you to say anything old man

If I was scum (and didn't have a policy of voting you early and often), I'd want to keep you as town in the game until lylo because you will have done no scum hunting the entire game and be the easiest person to convince to lynch.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Max posted:

All I remember of merk was him bulldogging people.

Bird dogging.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##unvote

I mostly skipped page 10.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. F! posted:

Who’d you shoot if you had a Day vig

If I had to shoot someone right now, the only actual case that looks to have been made is on YPM. A few people have commented on that case, so I guess we get the most information by shooting YPM.

I have no opinion about the YPM case yet because I just read like 5 pages rapidly. Looking at it now.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

GulagDolls posted:

who did you swap accounts with

I was 'blacknyte' in a couple games way back when to try to hide my identity.

https://votefinder.org/player/blacknyte

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Dick Bastardly posted:

I am player aligned, I skimmed through a lot of the 200+ posts I came into, made my gut-opinion known as flawed as you all seem to agree it is. Re-read the whole thing with ypm vs. thran, still have gut feels about ypm and note that Max seems to be very interested in protecting ypm and the gambit narrative. That where im at, please details how dumb my opinion is so we can continue hunting badmans.

Hey, this post is real bad. Super awkward lead in.

##vote DB

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Dick Bastardly posted:

also iv'e been drinking. which is also very me. *shrug*

Is drunk posting still bannable? Don't post things like this.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
My avatars aren't working. :( Can someone tell me what fqdn the avatars come from?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

GulagDolls posted:

who did you swap accounts with

OH GOD I AM SORRY

I THOUGHT YOU WERE DHAES UNTIL RIGHT NOW

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
It's hard to remember grudges from three years ago. Sorry, GulagDolls.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
curiousCat, what do you think about DB and, in particular, this post?

Dick Bastardly posted:

I am player aligned, I skimmed through a lot of the 200+ posts I came into, made my gut-opinion known as flawed as you all seem to agree it is. Re-read the whole thing with ypm vs. thran, still have gut feels about ypm and note that Max seems to be very interested in protecting ypm and the gambit narrative. That where im at, please details how dumb my opinion is so we can continue hunting badmans.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
http://www.somethingawful.com/forum-rules/forum-rules/

quote:

Worthless Posts: We do not care if you are drunk or high; please do not inform us of either.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
What a time to be alive.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

curiousCat posted:

I don't like dogs

Great post. Thanks for the contribution.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
DB sounds like a super newbie, but he's been in 27 games. His awkwardness feels like scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Leading a post with the town alignment to try to gain credibility with the thread is like Bad Scum Playbook Chapter I

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
...and it's awkward.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Dick Bastardly posted:

everything iv'e posted so far WAS A JOKE AHAHAHAHAH GET IT? HAHAH funnymans

Even this is super awkward.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Gotta distance from your scum buddy, you know?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Mr. F! posted:

YPM, low hanging fruit is a gambit where you act kinda scummy on purpose to see who cases you badly

When did this turn into a thing? No one should ever do this terrible thing.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Dick Bastardly posted:

and yet ypm is 100% town because he's claiming he did it, this is cool and good.

Page 12. "100% town" has been said.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
DB seems like pretty obvious scum here, boys and gals.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Oh. DB should still die in a dumpster fire.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Monathin posted:

My real opinion is that it felt like everyone was dogpiling in DB for an easy D1 case and that I will not be surprised when he flips town and we have to look at everyone on that vote, but no one is actually sticking out directly in my mind yet.

If he flips town, I'd probably look right at you for this post. :)

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
What is a game where DB was scum?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

GeneX posted:

it's not touching any of what DB is actually saying

What is DB actually saying?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok, come on, that game you linked is ridiculous. He is calling himself scum in like 1/2 of his posts.

##unvote

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hey Tobbs, what if I told you that you are making a lot of high word posts that don't say anything about alignment so far in this game?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3846638&userid=176754#post480632308

The above post by Gulag (quoted below, but you need to see nested quotes) is scummy.

GulagDolls posted:

several people in this thread voted merk, and the votes they made, were not good vote.

alright this one is good

this one is untrue in various ways (there is no such thign as a 100 percent scumtell, but people who are trying to 'fit in' are going to be awkward more than those that arent) (DB is not saying words of substance that you can respond to)

this literally doesnt make any sense. literally. literally.

i disagree with what this post is quoting but it is not "very suspicious" (eng translation)

not only is everything in this post untrue besides merk bullying me, but also, hal made this post.

There was a string of votes being made on me. Gulag, knowing I'm not his scum buddy, wants to talk negatively about the bandwagon forming to get town cred when I eventually flip town. He didn't find a single vote made against me that had any merit at all, and his analysis about each vote is pretty thin.

This is probably the scummiest thing to happen so far. ##vote Gulag

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I forgot to mention something critical for why that post of his is scummy: he makes no statements about the alignments of anyone. All he's doing is talking negatively about the lynch of someone he knows isn't in his scum doc so he looks good later when I flip town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

LupusAter posted:

Mr. F is the nearest thing we have to a confirmed player

Huh?

• Locked thread