Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
I've been waiting for this LP to start. This is going to be magical :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
What's wrong with the Uziel in MA2? I remember I found it to be a pretty good medium, mainly thanks to the twin PPCs.
As for the city being nuked I always rationalized it as the Wobbies moving the entire population to the work camps and the WoB personnel moving in.
That said the game never specified so it could very well be our mechwarrior just nuked a bunch of cowering civilians just to "send a message". :v:

radintorov fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jan 28, 2018

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

painedforever posted:

But the only reason it's any good in MechCommander 2 is because it's the only Clan Assault in the entire game. Yeah, it's either this, or the IS Assaults.
That and it's the one 'mech you can fit an insane number of CERPPCs (I think 7?) on it. And then put a pilot with the "no called shot aim penalty" and headshot anyone and demolish everything else without a head location. :black101:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

Edit: Video fix is up!
It looks like that worked: the game audio seems to be perfectly synched now.

Edit:
you aren't exaggerating about the boss' hitbox. I remember it took me forever to kill it when I played this because my shots kept either missing or hitting everywhere but the weak spot.

radintorov fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Feb 16, 2018

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
I think Roboky nailed it with EvilMcBadguy doing everything just to get his anime robot because it doesn't have much of a reason to exist otherwise: plugging all the magic cores into it means that it's one robot; it might be a really powerful and scary robot, but you don't conquer the entire Inner Sphere with a single mecha.
To conquer the galaxy you need a whole armada with regiments of battlemechs, which from what we've seen the WoB already has.

Also since you mentioned it a few times, do you have any plans of covering MechAssault 1 too, or is that one less dumb than this?

• Locked thread