Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
There are so many design decisions I want to ask 'why?' for. Like general weapon balance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
I'm not sure it's healthy to scrutinize a game based purely on representational balance.

Also, I have no idea why anyone would grab the Mechwarrior license then make an arcade shooter out of it. It seems like the most senseless thing possible. Particularly when there were other properties at the time that suited fast arcadey mech combat far more. I can only imagine the hope was wearing the name would sell it, or someone wanted to make a Battletech game and got told 'politely' that no one would buy a Battletech sim. Perhaps a combination of both.

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler
Thinking on it, I can understand why the experimental armor ended up better than mechs in a lot of circumstances. Much weaker than it is now and I could see completing the game being too difficult when a section requires you use it. Though this just raises the further question why you'd include it in the game at all and balance around it.

• Locked thread