Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Wasn't he straight up lying to Shannon after she already knew better than to trust him? I didn't watch many eviction episodes, but his farewell video to her was also particularly bad, even worse than Paul's usual drivel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

He was telling her when she got out of the house, she'd see he really wanted her to stay, and then she got out of the house and saw it was a lie. But I don't know that he burned anyone else like that. But the jury was celebrities who for the most part didn't really care about voting based on "game" I think.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Mar 2, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, that's the kind of just stupid jury management that creates "bitter juries." It doesn't matter if she learns it from the show or if she just learns it from everyone else telling her the truth. That's kind of poo poo Paul tried to do. Lie about that kind of poo poo and assume that everyone would trust him even when the jury was comparing notes and all piecing together the real story. He just assumed he could lie his way to the bitter end, and I'm not sure anyone's ever pulled that off.

I also saw some clip where James was saying he was going to vote for Ross until Ross took credit for a bunch of poo poo he didn't do including a HOH that James threw to him. Its one thing to lie to "players" but lying to "jurors" is just bad. You gotta figure out when a player becomes a juror and then stop lying.

That's why the BB16 cast claim they would have given Victoria a win over Cody (I don't totally believe them but, the sentiment is still there). Because Cody never knew when to stop lying and thought he could charm his way out of everything.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

That's typical James ego and misunderstanding. Ross was quoting himself, from when he said to be the champ, you have to beat the champ, and he said that because he faced and beat NBA champion Metta World Peace head-to-head in bowlarina. James of course interprets it as Ross taking credit for beating him when he threw in the finals of that comp.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'll definitely defer to you on that, but ultimately if James was known to have an ego that should have been something Ross should have considered. But I honestly only know the post show conversation they had on Julie Chen's talk show.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Everyone was so scared shitless by Shannon that there really wasn't an unburned bridge left in the house when it came to her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STAC Goat posted:

I'll definitely defer to you on that, but ultimately if James was known to have an ego that should have been something Ross should have considered. But I honestly only know the post show conversation they had on Julie Chen's talk show.
Ross did word it a bit poorly but also he worked with James quite a bit, and wasn't really responsible for burning him, and Marissa sucked when she interacted with James, so James flipping his vote was pretty dumb. It's either because of James's ego or because he was primed to switch due to the jury vibe. It's my pet theory that that's why Metta hid his vote and said he was picking randomly, too. He was extremely pro Ross in the media when he got out of the house, but I think at the finale he didn't feel as comfortable voting for him anymore because of the atmosphere and people apparently openly telling people what to do right there on the jury bench, so he did it backhanded.

• Locked thread