Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i mean no film can be the french connection because that poo poo would land you in jail now lol

guerrilla filmmaking ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Cold on a Cob posted:

i mean not all films can be ronin or the french connection but they're pretty drat good :colbert:

ronin away from your posts!

mystes
May 31, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

They basically took the anime "drive" and made it into a film suited for western audiences.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

President Beep posted:

ronin away from your posts!

good i hope you're gone in 60 seconds :smuggo:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

AnimeIsTrash posted:

They basically took the anime "redline" and made it into a film suited for western audiences.

sorry i don't watch anime

now if you'll excuse me i'm gonna go watch scott pilgrim

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

the best car chase movie is blues brothers

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
nah, but it is pretty high on the list

definitely ronin, french conneciton, bullitt all beat it

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
actually i guess maybe i'd rate it #4 i can't think of any others that beat it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

one of the bourne movies had thge worst car chase i ever saw, total fail

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
fwiw baby driver ain't even in my top 20 chase films probbably but it was sure fun to see in theatres anyway. the non-chase parts are definitely p bad

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

yeah especially because spacey was in a lot of them

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
yeah it's pretty gross seeing him in old movies now :\

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

yeah it's extra gross because he's really loving good. if he was just some random dork of an actor it wouldn't be as bad

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Cold on a Cob posted:

good i hope you're gone in 60 seconds :smuggo:

nooooooooooooooo

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i was just having some good hearted fun abd you do that 2 me????

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

this spacey stuff has utterly ruined call of duty : advanced warfare for me

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

wow he can still find work?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

The only anime i'll willingly watch is metal gear solid.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJZ-BHBKyos

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Cold on a Cob posted:

yeah it's pretty gross seeing him in old movies now :\

it was fun to see him get hit by a car though

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

follow along with Bullitt! start the video at 1:20 here on the corner of York and Cesar Chavez (which was called Army Street back in the day)

https://www.google.com/maps/place/C...!4d-122.4085238

one scene later they have jumped like six miles to north beach lol

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Mar 1, 2021

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/ATFHQ/status/1366040817626984450

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Truman Peyote posted:

this spacey stuff has utterly ruined call of duty : advanced warfare for me

Yeah

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Cold on a Cob posted:

i saw spaced after shaun of the dead and i still love this scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfSndZPynQk&t=4s

you can kinda see the genesis of stuff like baby driver in this

lmao i downloaded Spaced a while back and haven't watched it yet. you sold me on it with this one

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

qq

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Jonny 290 posted:

lmao i downloaded Spaced a while back and haven't watched it yet. you sold me on it with this one

:hfive:

let me know what you think; i'm curious what someone watching it cold in 2021 thinks

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Found a first vaccination appointment for my wife tomorrow, that's good at least. It's at a grocery store lol

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Found a first vaccination appointment for my wife tomorrow, that's good at least. It's at a grocery store lol

Take it where you can get it dude. My wife transferred jobs back to her old retail Pharmacy and nobody there is in line for either vaccine. Her friend at Walgreen's tested positive last year and had to take PTO so she didn't infect her cow orkers.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
good morning everyone

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

well, good news for them: the animaniacs are back.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Jonny 290 posted:

Spaced owns, although there are a few lines here and there which certainly get a :stare: in 2021

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

good enough. congrats, some easier sleep coming up!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

well, good news for them: the animaniacs are back.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Sweevo posted:

Spaced owns, although there are a few lines here and there which certainly get a :stare: in 2021

yep, though honestly that's true for almost everything now. i'm more amazed when an older comedy show doesn't have some poo poo that wouldn't fly today.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

cls: I took the week off to move and I am remembering how much I fuckin hate moving

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Cold on a Cob posted:

yep, though honestly that's true for almost everything now. i'm more amazed when an older comedy show doesn't have some poo poo that wouldn't fly today.

me and some friends, really high: oh its always sunny is on
us, 5 minutes later: holy gently caress how did i forget this show drops an n bomb in the first episode

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Deviant posted:

me and some friends, really high: oh its always sunny is on
us, 5 minutes later: holy gently caress how did i forget this show drops an n bomb in the first episode

rewatching sons of anarchy in the era of modern television drama standards was absolutely baffling. white dudes dropping hard R n-words but no "fucks" allowed, because that's a line too far :confused:

also no c-words, which is kind of immersion-jarring because the white trash bikers instead refer to a female ATF agent investigating their gang as a "gash"???

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Kazinsal posted:

rewatching sons of anarchy in the era of modern television drama standards was absolutely baffling. white dudes dropping hard R n-words but no "fucks" allowed, because that's a line too far :confused:

also no c-words, which is kind of immersion-jarring because the white trash bikers instead refer to a female ATF agent investigating their gang as a "gash"???

do they get a cheeky nandos after smashing heaps of gash or

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Kazinsal posted:

sons of anarchy is fuckin garbage. in one episode one of the bikers hangs himself and they play a cover of strange fruit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

what even is a cheeky nando?