Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5gf58c5SVk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Sagebrush posted:

i prefer sitting in the back of the plane because in general the people with screaming babies sit near the front to try and escape faster.

also if the plane crashes, they always find the survivors were the one sitting in the tail section, because they use the whole rest of the plane as a crumple zone

sit in about the third- or fourth-last row to avoid the toilet lineup. that's the best spot

hope you got computer toucher qc35s or some good-rear end plugs

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

PCjr sidecar posted:

they’re usually called buttplugs

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

PCjr sidecar posted:

pfffft qc35s are for civvies. i got a set of ANR david clarks

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

pfffft qc35s are for civvies. i got a set of ANR david clarks

how well do they fit up your bougie rear end?

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

sigh... very carefully, smoka

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

sigh... very carefully, smoka

I would hope so for 600 dollar headphones

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
guys, i'm literally so destitute i had to fly economy.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
i'm so broke, i could only afford to fly on the plane with one wing

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Stringent posted:

meatloaf is good motherfucker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArlW68KyvwY

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
had to take a special plane for poor people, the windows didn't have any glass in them

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I would hope so for 600 dollar headphones

i got em for 450 on ebay

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
they didn't even have a pilot, the owner of the plane had to keep asking around until someone who knew how to fly wanted to go where we were headed

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the pilot only put in $8.25 of jet fuel, bein like "i know my plane"

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
literally homeless ppl smoking meth in the aisles

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

i got em for 450 on ebay

it'd be easier to roll the dollars up and stick them up your rear end

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Stringent posted:

i'm so broke, i could only afford to fly on the plane with one wing

la dee dah look at mr hughes here with his mono plane

and me here in my balloon lawn chair

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

oooooh the rich person has a lawn chair! what luxury! :zoid:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Papes posted:

planes should board back to front imo
easyjet does simultaneous boarding from front and back if the plane is big enough

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I only fly meatloaf air

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

bump_fn posted:

easyjet does simultaneous boarding from front and back if the plane is big enough

so does lufthansa at least on their a380s

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Stringent posted:

“also poor people shouldn’t have refrigerators! tvs and cell phones neither! those are luxury goods!!”

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
you left out laptops

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Shaggar posted:

its a combo of both plus not wanting to wait at baggage claim. nowdays if there haven't been enough checked bags they do free checked bags at the gate to prevent carryon overload. its all loving stupid and flying sucks

yeah it's this. i don't do checked baggage because ive been burned before and it overall ends up being more of an hassle (especially with any international transfers). for a trip thats 2 weeks or less, a carryon bag + "personal item" is more than enough. washing machines are a thing everywhere so it's not too hard to run a quick load and grab a drink at a bar somewhere without eating into your vacation time. people way overpack.

i would definitely consider paying $10 per flight tho to have reserved carry-on space above my seat tho. usually i board in early enough that it's not too much of an issue to get a spot in my aisle's overhead but sometimes it sucks not to.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
wow true detective

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
easyjet now does only a carryon, not a carryon + personal item., unless you pay extra

lol

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Achmed Jones posted:

not 5%er as in the one percent (but five); look up the nations of gods and earths

lol learned something today, what that ref was in ‘Ain’t nuthing ta gently caress wit’ thankyou genius lyrics.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
gently caress the people that bring the max size wheely bag on a 30 minute domestic flight on carry on though

i hate these people because they gently caress up my strategy of chill and board after the rush, because they take up all the goddamn overhead space

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

my strategy is pack only a backpack that can fit under the seat and be the last one to board

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Xaris posted:

yeah it's this. i don't do checked baggage because ive been burned before and it overall ends up being more of an hassle (especially with any international transfers). for a trip thats 2 weeks or less, a carryon bag + "personal item" is more than enough. washing machines are a thing everywhere so it's not too hard to run a quick load and grab a drink at a bar somewhere without eating into your vacation time. people way overpack.

i would definitely consider paying $10 per flight tho to have reserved carry-on space above my seat tho. usually i board in early enough that it's not too much of an issue to get a spot in my aisle's overhead but sometimes it sucks not to.

I grabbed a drink in a bar and, shortly thereafter, gave ur mum a quick load.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Achmed Jones posted:

how do you know they’re a 5%er? are there like supreme mathematics bumper stickers on the car or smth?

if they’re driving an audi they either are or want to pretend they are so what’s the difference

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

abigserve posted:

gently caress the people that bring the max size wheely bag on a 30 minute domestic flight on carry on though

i hate these people because they gently caress up my strategy of chill and board after the rush, because they take up all the goddamn overhead space

some of us have to live out of that bag for a week and aren’t on an adventure

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Xaris posted:

next time i vist SF for a weeklong trip i'm just UPS shipping a box of my clothes to the office. gently caress some checked bags

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

fart simpson posted:

so does lufthansa at least on their a380s

speaking of...airbus announced that they plan to cease production of the a380 by 2021

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

cjs: starting to get briefings on my next assignment. turns out the client has managed to poach every consultant that’s been assigned to them- three so far. also they’re a company that specializes in wall st. services in newark which is probably why they can afford to poach us so aggressively. this should be a fun one

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i enjoy this series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLBaQcvqF0

rip francis

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Rex-Goliath posted:

if they’re driving an audi they either are or want to pretend they are so what’s the difference

this makes no sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

abigserve posted:

i'm sad because I think i HAVE to use a fullsize wheely bag today for a fuckin' day trip

forgot about packing my damned cpap machine and that thing is annoyingly bulky :(