Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

Uptime Sinclair posted:

happy father’s day to all the yosdads

God bless all the fatherfuckers that made the kids too and double bless to the dads adoptive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/PFTompkins/status/876527608380375040

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
allstate is jacking up my auto insurance rates because of a health issue i had at work and coming out ot be like $550/6 months. was looking into Metromile instead. Anyone used this? $31/month + 3 cents per mile seems really too good to be true; but that would actually be perfect given i drive like <25 miles a month and my car is an 01 accord beater-car worth like $1500 so if it gets really hosed up I'm just planning on getting rid of it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

eschaton posted:

LOL like Latvia has a chance since Estonia is basically Finland II

What does that have to do with the prize of booze?

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/Jeremy_Hunt/status/1140327538775994368

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
“Every older person should die...”

-Jeremy Hunt

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

the tories are coming for grandma

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
and grandma’s coming for the tories :mrgw:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Xaris posted:

allstate is jacking up my auto insurance rates because of a health issue i had at work and coming out ot be like $550/6 months. was looking into Metromile instead. Anyone used this? $31/month + 3 cents per mile seems really too good to be true; but that would actually be perfect given i drive like <25 miles a month and my car is an 01 accord beater-car worth like $1500 so if it gets really hosed up I'm just planning on getting rid of it.

check out geico, srs. ive been a customer for 18 years and theyve never done me wrong

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Xaris posted:

if it makes you feel better i pay $375/month for two cars here in detroit because everything is awful

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

Xaris posted:

Shop around. If you are driving under 1000 miles a year make sure they factor it into the quote with your current company and any others you get a quote for instead of assuming you drive 12k a year.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
in my neck of the woods allstate is one of the worst insurers to have either as your insurance or against you in a lawsuit. state farm is also very bad

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

allstate is one of the biggest employers of computer touchers here in belfast and theyre apparently pretty lovely to work for too

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

brits are apparently obsessed with death

every 2nd commercial was about funerals and death insurance

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

If they're anything like us it's because only olds with a foot in the grave watch commercials on tv

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

if it makes you feel better i pay $375/month for two cars here in detroit because everything is awful

did you get a couple of duis or cause a number of major accidents? because drat

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Broken Machine posted:

did you get a couple of duis or cause a number of major accidents? because drat

nope, we have no fault insurance up here. No accidents in the last 8 years and no tickets in around the same timeframe, same goes for the missus

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

yeah i've heard that michigan insurance is just like the worst and most expensive in the country.

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

i guess it makes sense with all the uninsured drivers and such, but that's so expensive. i just looked it up and apparently vermont is overall the cheapest which is nice. i pay about twice what you do per month for two cars for the year. also the drivers here are courteous and chill and drive the speed limit and mostly don't tailgate (which drives me up the fuckin' wall)

Broken Machine fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jun 17, 2019

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Broken Machine posted:

i guess it makes sense with all the uninsured drivers and such, but that's so expensive. i just looked it up and apparently vermont is overall the cheapest which is nice. i pay about twice what you do per month for two cars for the year. also the drivers here are courteous and chill and drive the speed limit and mostly don't tailgate (which drives me up the fuckin' wall)

massachusetts has the best car insurance situation. everybody has to get the same thing. no complications :allears:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Jonny 290 posted:

check out geico, srs. ive been a customer for 18 years and theyve never done me wrong
thanks. just took a look, for a similar one I was looking at from Metromile, it looks to be about $38 - 47/month which seems reasonable and probably better to go with that instead. it's pretty much the barebones but that's all I'd really need.

Comprehensive coverage doesn't really seem worth it because its not like we have animals and, hail. Theft would be one to be concerned about but only in if a window gets broken which is insanely common here, probably the largest car-breakin rates in the country; however, i think getting a window replaced would be like $200 and so i'd have to go with a really low deductible to even make that worth it and in which case premium costs would be higher. is this actually stupid not to get comprehensive coverage?

same with collision, seems pretty high premium given the car is like <$1500 so i'll just throw it away if it happens. i added insured motorist option for up to $3k just because that one was really cheap.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

yikes

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

prefect posted:

massachusetts has the best car insurance situation. everybody has to get the same thing. no complications :allears:

mass has the best bad drivers. discourteous but they're at least paying attention. i flat out refuse to drive around boston though, i always use public transit when i go

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Broken Machine posted:

mass has the best bad drivers. discourteous but they're at least paying attention. i flat out refuse to drive around boston though, i always use public transit when i go

driving in boston is never a good idea

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Broken Machine posted:

this is accurate for any city

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

That's 3,75 times what I paid for my last car.

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I drove to Boston to visit a friend in college when I was 18 for a little under a week

It wasn’t that bad, except I started the trip not being able to parallel park, by the end of the trip that had been rectified and I was half decent.

I have no idea what the hell I was thinking. But I was ”lucky” enough when I got my license the year before to Iimmediately start commuting 2 hours on 66 and the beltway for a summer, so assholes screaming at me was old hat, and it was oddly normal.

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

bump_fn posted:

this is accurate for any city

if you're driving around cambridge, you might have to take five or six turns to reverse direction. without a gps or knowing exactly where you are it can be awful. i'll drive around almost any big city except boston, just a personal preference

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

freeasinbeer posted:

I was 18 for a little under a week

The gently caress kinda vitamins were you taking - that poo poo took me a whole drat YEAR?!

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Spent $1500 on a bike each for me and my partner. Let’s see if I get my fat rear end to ride them more then once.

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Jerry Cotton posted:

The gently caress kinda vitamins were you taking - that poo poo took me a whole drat YEAR?!

This is way funnier to me then you intended, because I was 6 FT(182 cm) in 5th Grade(11 years oldish)

So I might of actually grown through a normal 18 year olds adult height in a few months at one point.

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

freeasinbeer posted:

This is way funnier to me then you intended, because I was 6 FT(182 cm) in 5th Grade(11 years oldish)

So I might of actually grown through a normal 18 year olds adult height in a few months at one point.

Like I legit took days off school because I was screaming in agony because my knees just hurt from growing.

Edit: according to internet doctors I just consulted this has nothing to do with my growth and was all in my head. Shows what I know about science.

freeasinbeer fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jun 17, 2019

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Jerry Cotton posted:

That's 3,75 times what I paid for my last car.

How many hectares does it get on a tank of kerosene

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

Wait is Osgood Schlotter's a lie?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Asleep Style posted:

nope. i had it and it made it impossible to climb stairs, jump or run without pain from about age 12-15

but of course my gym teacher just kept saying i was lazy

(it's osgood-schlatter)

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Asleep Style posted:

Apparently not which is what I think I had. “Growing pains” are considered a lie, and that is what my family called it. Who knows it was a long time ago.

Edit: these pages call growing pains a lie and don’t bother to mention like the common growth related pain:

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/13019-growing-pains
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growing_pains

Whereas this is what we had issues with:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osgood%96Schlatter_disease

Shows why we shouldn’t trust what we read on the internet.

freeasinbeer fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jun 17, 2019

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

when my girlfriend was a child she got a sunburn and complained about the pain. her grandmother thought she was having growing pains and slathered icy hot on her

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Roosevelt posted:

when my girlfriend was a child she got a sunburn and complained about the pain. her grandmother thought she was having growing pains and slathered icy hot on her

auiuhj

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Because my mind loves to play tricks on me, my right knee suddenly hurts a bit like I remember it.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

also for a long time when i heard "growing pains" i thought it was "groin pains" and i was confuse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Roosevelt posted:

what’s life like with what i can only imagine is a screaming pain elemental?