Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Kenny Logins posted:

ground floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Cat Face Joe posted:

prefect's innocence protects him from the monsters of the mist

and the lack of cheese in his diet gives him regular and aesthetically pleasing posts

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

our chemistry building was recently renovated and they found a ten-kilogram slug of mercury under the floorboards of one of the labs. no one had any idea how long it had been there :toot:

at least they didn’t hafta call the bomb squad to dispose of old forgotten chemicals found under a fume hood

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i poop too much

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Jonny 290 posted:

providing clean paraphernalia to intensely at-risk communities is very, very important. pipe swap programs, needle exchange, all of that. HIV and hep love cut lips and dirty needles.

san diego’s enormous indigent population is currently the vector of a hepatitis outbreak thanks to a combination of overwhelmed public services and a lack of public toilets

so what’s happening is that homeless people are pooping hepatitis turds into the streets that other people step in and spread around and track into buildings and get onto doorknobs and now everyone there has hepatitis

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
hepatitis is insanely infectious

it’s many thousands of times more so than the hivs

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

still not as much as norovirus! some studies show that a full-blown infection only requires the ingestion or inhalation of as little as three individual viruses. that's why as soon as one person on a cruise ship gets it and aerosolizes it with explosive diarrhea or projectile vomiting, the whole ship catches it within days. it is possibly the most infectious human disease known.

one of my cousins went on a cruise, caught a norovirus infection, came home, transmitted it to her whole family, then her younger sister infected her entire school :unsmigghh:

hoverchilde got it right before our plane ride to nola for xmas

she had been vaccinated but as it turns out it’s only effective against like a fifth of the strains

she got it from daycare which is easily the most disgusting and virulent place imaginable to me now

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
lol if your idea of one of the rich people that controls the country is a fuckin doctor

basically there was one brief window of time when modern medicine doctorin actually approached wall street money and guess what that was when the boomers were doin it

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
lol chuck schumer put border wall funding on the table and general kelly went over trump’s head to call him and tell him to get outta here charles i’m the juggernaut bitch

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
the failing nyt thread in cspam is great

Main Paineframe posted:

i looked at the trump supporters letters the Times printed today, and surprise, they're all overly wordy propaganda from wealthy bankers and business owners who very clearly wanted to try to sound extra smart for their favorite newspaper

almost all the letters were sent from cities or very wealthy suburbs. 10 of the 15 letters came from New York or New England. of the five remaining letters, two came from California, two came from major urban areas, and one came from a small rural Iowa community

my favorite letter is the one from Dane Davis, who tells a very personal-sounding story about his working-class upbringing and how Trump is the best for his fellow poverty-stricken workers, except that he gives enough personal details that it took about five seconds to discover he's a highly-connected investment banker who interned at the GOP and conservative thinktanks while attending a prestigious high-class university in London

lmao

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
one of the classic indicators which confirms that someone you know is an alcoholic is when they flip out at any criticism of their drinking

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

bump_fn posted:

I don’t even care that everyone hates me paris is cool

go to some michelin starred restaurants

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
yosposter selling the catte ties reveal yourself

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
smdh at admitting to playing console games in yospos

shameful as poo poo not to be using a pc

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

yeh i reinstalled hitman blood money recently cause i was like, hey, i remember enjoying this game back in college or whenever it was

then i played the first two missions and went -- oh, wait, i literally don't have the time to painstakingly spend two or three hours planning this poo poo and slowly sneaking around assassinating virtual opera singers. my video game speed these days is more like a 20 minute game of worms

babbyhaving means all the games i can realistically play now are turn-based or a facsimile thereof that i can easily pick up and put down at any moment

so stellaris, civ, ck2, xcom and the like

i’d love to be able to finish prey but devoting even a single straight hour of my uninterrupted attention is impractical, much less the 2+ at a time that any fps really wants

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
it suddenly made so much sense to me how mapgames have the dadgame rep

becoming a parent really changes your perception of things

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Xaris posted:

you should play Cities: Skylines

its good and easy to put up/down

oh i have it

it feels like work

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Rex-Goliath posted:

lol i just remembered that this happened

ugh i wish i could find my post from like 20 yospic threads ago where i had a chronologically ordered series of failed console pics that ended in the ouya that poo poo took forever to put together

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
now is the part where i earnestly discuss the mods and tweaks i have for my simcity 4 install

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
ironing is delicious

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
lol

https://mobile.twitter.com/yashar/status/955169542757666816

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/JenniferTilly/status/953736941635284992

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

if they're social justice warriors then why do they have such a gendered name for their group

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

SO DEMANDING posted:

hypothetical future dog

excellent dogname right here

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/Tormny_Pickeals/status/955257799449161728

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Roosevelt posted:

he had a pretty good meltdown in this thread, but in the trump thread he says "pittsburgh" and they lose their minds

i kinda wish i could toggle some of the many, many godawful posters off of my ignore list from that thread just so i could see them melt down more often at him

but i've got a nonzero number of iks on there so no dice

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

what does your heart tell you

not w/o a special plugin

which is why you should never ever quote a stymie

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

ArmZ posted:

low tax should monetize with an option to force other posters to never ignore specific posters

the absolute best was when fishmech was made a cspam ik and zdr forced him off of everyone's ignore list

he should deffo be reinstated that poo poo was excellent

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

carry on then posted:

it's great to wind people up though

those who get upset about the ignore function are themselves terrified of being ignored

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
current job status

:nws:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Xaris posted:

probably not any probably about it

football is really bad recently and lol that kaepernick was forced out ebcause ttRUMP

didn’t he have a lawsuit going for the obvious collusion against him

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

President Beep posted:

i like hockey too. never watched curling, but would.

biathlon has kind of a james bond vibe to it, which in cool.

there used to be a ton of martial sports like that because countries used them to show how good their military was at making kickass soldiers

nowadays it’s all about how much money you spend on them for toys

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

fyi

nerds who dislike sports dislike them because they resent attractive athletic people

that's where the 'sportsball! :iamafag:' poo poo comes from, and if you exhibit it, you should see a therapist or be less pathetic.

i’m really more into niche and discontinued olympic sports

most televised sportsball is just too mainstream and dumbed down so everyone can follow and enjoy it which means it can’t hold my interest :smug:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
hoverwife is doin mandatory "customer service" training at the VA all day today and she haaaaaaaaaaates it

all the doctors there are pissed the gently caress off about it and keep intentionally refusing to call their patients that

"ah but a 'customer' is anyone who isn't you, so not necessarily a patient" lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
the scan of smoka's pathetic burns is complete

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

bitter jellymeat

*points to dilz*

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

flakeloaf posted:

won't get inside another person's body without a lot of lyeing

excellent

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
he’s certainly going to be receiving a different kinda footlong in prison now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

students have inexplicably stolen all of my mini-USB cables that i use for the arduino kits. we only have like six left out of twenty kits.

i have no idea why this is. nothing uses mini-USB any more except arduinos. you can't even charge a crappy cell phone.

“oldschool” digital cameras maybe?

this canon powershot’s pictures are just warmer