Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Sharpest Crayon posted:

I thought I'd try something different and welp that's just the risk you take.

Feel like this is still "save-able". You just really need to push your values in the shadow areas. Right now it feels like you really just have your mid-tones blocked out, making it just kinda looks like a reddish, pink blob.

edit: Have stuff to post, but i broke my drat phone. Really just too lazy to bother with scanning stuff right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Hotdog Jesus proof of concept.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
..and a quick color study on apostlepigs to go with hotdog Jesus.

Revisiting an old piece from years ago. Not sure if I want to do it as a painting, or just as a large drawing. Regardless it'll be a good exercise.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Love the colors. Real loose and gestural. Just adopted a doggy of my own. Hopefully she'll give me time to do some drawing. Especially excited to be able to draw her and get a better understanding of dog anatomy/mechanics.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

sinc posted:

Haha, that’s great. Inspired by the Chase bank painter? :)

More painting practice with Caravaggio. Any critique appreciated!

Without looking at the original, you need to work on forshortening. The hand is disproportionately small in comparison to the head...assuming it's not some David and goliath picture.

FE: yeah it actually is. Oopsy. Not deleting that. Mobile laziness.

The sword is bent, and doesn't follow a uniform plane for being laid upon his shoulder.

Goliath's left cheek (his actual left) kinda lacks definition and feels flat in comparison to the composition.

Really solid work overall. :thumbsup:

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Pentaro posted:

I'm obsessed with the radioactive boars from Fukushima.

This is rad af. I'd say if you're gonna leave it b&w you should vary your line weights a bit to give the illusion of depth. I mean it's great and simple already, but I'd personally tweak it just a bit. Just feels a lil flat overall.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Finally drew something again.

Bored space hotdog.

sorry for the kinda lovely picture

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Sharpest Crayon posted:

I was trying to do like a wraith-vampire character concept artz but didn't quite get it where I wanted it.

Feels too elf-like, and not really vampirey at all. I'd say fangs are the obvious-low-hanging-fruit solution here, but I also think that experimenting with different poses and emotional expressions could help too. Even just enlarging the mouth bit a bit to give prominent bulges/protuberences where the fangs should be would help drive home that it's a vampire.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
I drew some not hotdogs today!

Radial-mouthed tentacle alien eating cheeseburgers. I'll call it Burgerpuss.

Cannibalistic Cheeseburger raiding the burger nest.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Dropped acid yesterday. Was much needed. Feel so much sharper and clear-headed currently. Used my newfound clarity to draw.

Inked my linework.

Mama cheeseburger tending to the burger nest.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Dope concept. The innards/inside face/green portion of the cape are lacking volume though.

Edit: contour lines are gonna be the solution here

dog nougat fucked around with this message at 10:56 on May 17, 2018

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

d3c0y2 posted:

Don't try drawing old beardy men when you hate drawing hair.

gently caress you Marx.

This is actually pretty solid. You have a solid foundation and good volume overall. The moustache bit is a bit flat, but it's not super noticeable.

Colored my mama cheeseburger.

Here's my pallet for anyone interested.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Joe Desperado posted:

Been trying to get back into drawing more often.

#pewpew

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Continuing the anthropomorphic burger thing.

Baby burger suckling on a meat teet. Burger milk is grease.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Its likely water, or a mixture of water and gum Arabic.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Repetition. Figure drawing is key to getting anatomy and body dynamics down. While I tend to focus on anthropomorphic characters, my understanding of how to make them believable and dynamic comes from years of life drawing. I tend to do rough sketches of what I think will be problematic areas/to get a sense of the desired form. Don't be afraid to use references if you aren't sure what something looks like. Specifically in regards to merfolk, fish scales and general fish (and human) anatomy help to make your characters more believable.

You have a solid grasp already, draw to the best of your ability. It's easy to become discouraged because you aren't happy with what you're drawing. I find that if I still finalize even something I wasn't terribly happy with initially it's a compelling and interesting piece.

dog nougat fucked around with this message at 16:31 on May 28, 2018

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Finally started drawing again, especially trying to do a full scene rather than just a character in a void.

Space hotdogs battling a 1920s cartoon spider monster on some grassy space plains.

First inking pass complete. Gotta flesh it out a bit more and throw in some color.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Did some color on this fella today. Need to push my values in the body a bit more, but it's coming along nicely.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Preliminary work on burger reproduction. Burgers give birth to live young and are marsupials. Basically baby burgers are born bunless. They slither from the burger vag down to the pouch between the patty and bottom bun until they grow their protective bun.

Doesn't quite read right yet. It doesn't read as it's presenting. It's not sexy enough yet. Anthropomorphic food has human-like traits. Sexy could be one of those traits.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Completed my full-size sketch for a commission for a friend.

A running gag. Jogging through the sex swamp.

Final version is gonna be shaded.

Edit: there are a few areas with some minor visual tension I'll address when I transfer to the final piece

dog nougat fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Sep 11, 2018

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Finished this thing up today.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Flavius Aetass posted:

heard this was the place to post cats

brush and ink on rice paper with a bit of watercolor

You heard right buckaroo!

Really digging it. Super loose and gestural feeling, yet confident and well defined.

Llamas have really neat looking feet.
Here's my version

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Continuing llama stuff.

2-legged llama. Need to rework the lil flipper thingies, look too much like saggy llama titties

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Sharpest Crayon posted:

I say lean hard into the titflaps and add some nips. Someone needs to balance out the amount of balloon-tits being drawn on Bowser right now.

I'm gonna hire someone to do backgrounds for me.

Bg work is tough and super annoying. I've been forcing myself to get back into it a bit lately, give my work more context. Should really just work on doing interesting landscapes. Currently I'm kinda stuck doing super flat plains/planes and it's not terribly compelling.

On the fence with saggy llama tittyflaps. I'll try a few different iterations when my dog's not being all cute, cuddly, and laying on my lap.

lofi posted:

Gif of them flopping wildly as it hops around.

Unfortunately I have no computer these days. I could make a lil flip book or something though. Would be pretty drat tedious, but totally worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Cuz I'm a slack-rear end, I haven't done anything for inktober.

I continued work on the titty flap llama though.