Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Can I share my kid's?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
I'm guessing highlighters from work.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Yeah, I couldn't see the details on my phone and just noticed a few of the real vibrant colors. Those all look really neat. I especially like the ones with a lot of blacked in negative space.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
heard this was the place to post cats

brush and ink on rice paper with a bit of watercolor

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Too much or not enough?

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
:yikes:

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

got reeeaaal sloppy and impatient at the end doing the walls and floor but you get the point

Flavius Aetass fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Nov 12, 2018

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Photo came out a little washed out, but I drew my gf at work today

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Pretty happy with this oil painting of a friend of mine I made for Christmas

Flavius Aetass fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Dec 29, 2018

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Agreed about the floating foreground.

The effects of the light and rain are really well done and the overall composition and color choices are good too.

I have a couple general suggestions.

I think you would get good results from initially picturing the composition as swaths of light and dark so that you don't end up with so many mid-tones filling up the painting.

I also think more can be done to make the bush at the bottom pop, especially placing some more dramatic highlights on the leaves. Since the flower is the only red object and the center of attention, you might consider leading the eye through the painting to it with splashes of less vibrant warm colors in different places.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
E: accidentally quoted myself

I was trying to specify that the leaves might look more present with warm yellow highlights and leaf portions.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Al! posted:

thank you both.

i think foreground actually ended up more that way when doing color adjustment at the end. what i should have done is do the adjustment and then some touch-up afterwards, and also build up more and darker shadows on the right column

i also see what you say about more warm highlights

edit:

i did something i rarely do and revisited it for a moment to sketch in the suggestions and yeah i think it looks better

Yeah, your improvements look great. Good job!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
It can be really tough to get the leg/torso ratio right, especially from the side for some reason.

If you aren't doing this already, I recommend measuring with your pencil at arm's length to confirm.