Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Early concept for my game's world:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah that's a smooth palette.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I look at that blue and all I can think is "normal map". I think my brain is broken.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chernabog posted:

My first attempt at making a motion painting or whatever this is called.

I know that people only care about epilepsy alerts but that image is like primed to trigger a migraine aura in photosensitive individuals so if that's the idea good job.

That's probably the best rendition of the zigzag aura I've seen yet.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jul 5, 2018

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al! posted:

idk i get migraines and even auras without the full migraines and to me its something that just looks exactly like one feels to me not something that triggers them for me like staring at tv snow or intense persistent bright light

edit:
im actually curious about this does anyone who gets migraine auras get one from that picture?

I get migraine auras as well as the actual headaches from depictions, yeah. It doesn't take long (like 20 seconds of looking at one), but it's long enough time for me to, well, stop looking. I assume there must be people who get a migraine trigger faster. I hate to be that person but getting migraine from visual stimuli isn't exactly listed in a lot of places so at the very least now you know.

In all fairness that animation is so accurate it's impressive.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Jul 5, 2018

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Propitious Jerk posted:

Making some slow progress on my map today, working on inking the border. I gave up halfway through redrawing the right hand side and just copy and reflected the rest.

This looks gorgeous.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I love it.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This could unironically go for a shitload of dollars in erotic art expositions.

Or even just regular galleries.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is my first attempt at animation in like, over a decade.

I know some things are wrong (I'm having a really hard time with the pattern) and I need to apply even the basic principles of stretch and squash more so the animation doesn't look robotic. I forgot how long it takes to animate stuff (for me at least), at an average of 30 minutes per frame so far. :smithicide: But still, it's a lot of fun.

The character is based on this portrait that I did for a character in my game a while ago:

Yesterday I decided to try to figure out her attire and doodled a bit before attempting animation.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Dec 26, 2018

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love the pikachu and the trees. I love multiple iterations/variants of the same theme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS