Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

There's something a little poetic about the last legitimate Mario Maker 1 level beaten was called The Last Dance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
wtffffffff

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

riley doubters in shambles right now

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

But seriously I hope someone gets it, that would be one hell of a send-off for players in 2024 to be good enough to beat something considered TAS-only in 2017.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

pumpinglemma posted:

riley doubters in shambles right now

i'm going deep cope, admission is fake just to get people to stop trying to get in touch with him

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

heehee posted:

i'm going deep cope, admission is fake just to get people to stop trying to get in touch with him
I hope people stop bothering ahoyo if that’s what they ultimately want but I’d still like to hear more about the TAS method. Thabeast said it was a raspberry pi that they were able to sync with the Wii U but he still seemed a bit skeptical about that working.

Edit: also I still hope beast or lilkirb get the human clear in the level before servers go down

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
You can still play downloaded levels after the servers go down, right?

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

Dr. Stab posted:

You can still play downloaded levels after the servers go down, right?

ye

iPodschun posted:

I hope people stop bothering ahoyo if that’s what they ultimately want but I’d still like to hear more about the TAS method. Thabeast said it was a raspberry pi that they were able to sync with the Wii U but he still seemed a bit skeptical about that working.

Edit: also I still hope beast or lilkirb get the human clear in the level before servers go down

idgaf about people bothering ahoyo tbh the guy is a fuckin weirdo lol

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

heehee posted:

ye

idgaf about people bothering ahoyo tbh the guy is a fuckin weirdo lol

He made a mario maker level with a fake clear video years ago. Who loving cares

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Yeah like it sucks but the guy made the level 7 years ago for a level contest, told the creators of said contest that he tased it due to this hands starting to fail on him, then planned on revealing how he tased it before he sort of just forgot about it and stopped streaming entirely. Like he should have probably told everyone sooner once this whole project got underway but I can't blame him for not anticipating it, especially since it is intended to be beatable.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Beat the level anyway, you cowards

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Twilight Princess 100% TAS reveal starting in a couple minutes.

https://twitch.tv/gymnast86

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

The story is the guy used his student loans to buy crypto and a streaming rig. He bombed out of college, bombed out of gaming, bombed out of crypto, and left the internet. He had absolutely nothing to gain by admitting it was TASed, but did the right thing. It’s gotta be unbelievably heinous to have to own up to some dumb poo poo you did in college that inexplicably became seismically important. A random cheated level made to troll a couple hundred people became a huge deal out of nowhere.

I think after Bombs5 was beaten, he just assumed one lucky person could clutch Herbs, and that’s why he waited so long to own up to it.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
It's not over yet.

https://twitter.com/sanyx91smm2/status/1773029053273899295

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

theflyingexecutive posted:

The story is the guy used his student loans to buy crypto and a streaming rig. He bombed out of college, bombed out of gaming, bombed out of crypto

:rubby:

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

theflyingexecutive posted:

The story is the guy used his student loans to buy crypto and a streaming rig. He bombed out of college, bombed out of gaming, bombed out of crypto, and left the internet. He had absolutely nothing to gain by admitting it was TASed, but did the right thing. It’s gotta be unbelievably heinous to have to own up to some dumb poo poo you did in college that inexplicably became seismically important. A random cheated level made to troll a couple hundred people became a huge deal out of nowhere.

I think after Bombs5 was beaten, he just assumed one lucky person could clutch Herbs, and that’s why he waited so long to own up to it.

And I still find it perfect that the last uncleared MM level turned out to be a troll. Even more perfect than the final one being The Last Dance.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
https://twitter.com/OatmealDome/status/1776404690281886020

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

fuckin unbelievable lol i was yellin irl. sucks he had to reveal it wasn't legit cuz of the bounties cuz i can't imagine how hoiyope it would've been otherwise

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

heehee posted:

fuckin unbelievable lol i was yellin irl. sucks he had to reveal it wasn't legit cuz of the bounties cuz i can't imagine how hoiyope it would've been otherwise

Wait why wasn't it legit?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

timp posted:

Wait why wasn't it legit?

normally you have to clear a stage before you can upload it. in the case of trimming the herbs, the creator did not clear it -- they used a tool-assisted speedrun to clear it for them.

that's not valid for courses part of the 100%-clear challenge.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Zamujasa posted:

normally you have to clear a stage before you can upload it. in the case of trimming the herbs, the creator did not clear it -- they used a tool-assisted speedrun to clear it for them.

that's not valid for courses part of the 100%-clear challenge.

ohh yes I already knew that, I thought maybe there was something inadmissible about sanyx91's completion. IMO if that was done legit (which it seems like it was) they should get the bounty regardless :colbert:

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

absolutely fuckin insane, good poo poo

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Best outcome in the end: creator owned up, but stage still beaten.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
There's still a few minutes left to beat the other fake levels, chop chop

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
In that whole story, I saw Bombs5 mentioned multiple times but never actually looked it up. Did that now and wow, that first (and only?) human clear is insane. From my dumb outsider view, it looks a lot harder and more improbable than TTH :stonk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh2F5ngZTIo

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsXCVsDFiXA

4 hour pannenkoek video? oh hell yes

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

4 hour pannenkoek video? oh hell yes
To those figuring this wouldn't be connected to speedrunning, a lot of it is "here's an invisible wall that exists in the game (and why it exists), and here's a clip of it frustrating a speedrunner". There's a lot of speedrun clips and a lot of tips to avoid bonking into invisible walls.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

dirby posted:

To those figuring this wouldn't be connected to speedrunning, a lot of it is "here's an invisible wall that exists in the game (and why it exists), and here's a clip of it frustrating a speedrunner". There's a lot of speedrun clips and a lot of tips to avoid bonking into invisible walls.

First attempts are always rough. I have full confidence people will find a way to present all this information in under 20 minutes

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsXCVsDFiXA
just a short video on how invisible walls work in mario 64.

e: didn't realize how late I was to the party

Rubellavator fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Apr 16, 2024

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i'm glad pannenkoek is still making videos and is back to doing voiceover after the parallel universes video blew up and made them really self conscious

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
The video has crazy good production values with informative easy-to-follow animations, and I love his humor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

ilmucche posted:

First attempts are always rough. I have full confidence people will find a way to present all this information in under 20 minutes

Kaze just put out a video about invisible walls in Mario and romhacks that's under 10 minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O8dPlwtcko