Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
I can't think of any terf runners. The bigots in speedrunning tend to be nazi adjacent chuds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Cheese the Mario 64 guy has a history of virulent transphobia

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

DoctorWhat posted:

And to gdq's credit they did kick him out. You're not wrong though, it's most nazi adjacent types.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

DoctorWhat posted:

Does he? I remember it being a thing where he was a jorp defender and downplayed the part where that meant he was supporting a huge transphobe. Even if it was more explicit than that, that's definitely way more in the chudosphere than anything close to terfs.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Dr. Stab posted:

Does he? I remember it being a thing where he was a jorp defender and downplayed the part where that meant he was supporting a huge transphobe. Even if it was more explicit than that, that's definitely way more in the chudosphere than anything close to terfs.

Considering how reticent GDQ has been in the past, something must have surfaced to convince them.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Was he actually banned from gdq? Or is this just another game of reddit telephone?

ZeGoggles
Jun 6, 2022

Dr. Stab posted:

Was he actually banned from gdq? Or is this just another game of reddit telephone?

He was banned from ESA but that has been unfortunately reversed.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Nothing worse than a jorp defender imo

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

that one narcissa run of wind waker in like 2013 where mirrored was on the couch and no one was happy about it. this still sticks out in my head nine years later

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I don't think cheese was banned, I think he was out of town. CFB was also not banned for the bus thing

Edit: Actually CFB was probably submission banned?

Studio fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Aug 12, 2022

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Does jorp mean Jordan Peterson in this context or is he a speedrunner that I can't find anything about for some reason

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎
I don’t think he was banned for it, but iateyourpie’s late-night run of Hotline Miami was really trolly. There’s one part where he says “oh hey, can you turn the audio up?” and leans in like he can’t hear something and then an incredibly loud flash bang goes off in-game. As soon as it’s over he goes “okay you can turn it back down”.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

The Shortest Path posted:

Does jorp mean Jordan Peterson in this context or is he a speedrunner that I can't find anything about for some reason
It does.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

The Shortest Path posted:

it's a snack food you bring on hikes

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

FirstAidKite posted:

What's the worst gdq run and why

Tendales posted:

The one Arf watched.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
One bad “run” that I remember was a Mr. Driller game where the person went up and just mashed the drill button for a few minutes to beat a few stages. He then said it was really easy and anyone could do it so he had someone else play and do the same thing.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Not worst run, but cringiest probably:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H50nqenYMDM

Or the one where the announcer read off a really sad donator story and killed the vibe of run being played.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

I don’t think he was banned for it, but iateyourpie’s late-night run of Hotline Miami was really trolly. There’s one part where he says “oh hey, can you turn the audio up?” and leans in like he can’t hear something and then an incredibly loud flash bang goes off in-game. As soon as it’s over he goes “okay you can turn it back down”.

dang I forgot about how much this run ruled ill have to re watch it tonight

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

lmfao. pie ftw

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Are you thinking of something else? I don't think pie has ever done Hotline Miami at GDQ (or any event)

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

That was probably anyone but pie

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

lmao this did not happen or if it did it was not pie

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

it was Snowfats from AGDQ 2016 and it rocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPnobTZfnfU

the moment happens just after 15:00

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Ah, at last, the truth revealed. I won't watch it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Aye Doc posted:

it was Snowfats from AGDQ 2016 and it rocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPnobTZfnfU

the moment happens just after 15:00

lmao

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
There's definitely some people who are like, more of a polar opposite of pie, but snowfats is pretty high up on the list.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

FirstAidKite posted:

Not worst as in the person just messed up or the runner wasn't able to pull off any tricks but worst as in a combination of the run being bad, the runner being bad, and just the whole thing being miserable.

The ty the tasmanian tiger run comes to mind but I'm sure there are probably worse. I heard there was a really bad halo run once too but idk anything about it.

The one that comes to mind for me was a run of Trials Evolution with no game music and pretty nonexistent commentary.

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!

Jade Rider posted:

The one that comes to mind for me was a run of Trials Evolution with no game music and pretty nonexistent commentary.

I remember that one, since I was hosting Bethesda Block right after and had to think up a way to bring the hype back.
The bonus incentive made it even worse. We thought it was over, but nope! We had more to go!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Not a specific run, jaguar king's first three runs at gdq all went pretty poorly, failing tech multiple times and reverting to casual strats and only narrowly avoiding mercy kills. The runner didn't handle the problems with a ton of grace either. The good news is that he somehow got himself a fourth chance and actually pulled off a really well-done run and solo commentary for MGS4.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

bike tory posted:

Are you thinking of something else? I don't think pie has ever done Hotline Miami at GDQ (or any event)

Whoops, sorry; I misremembered. He kept doing a gag where he’d tell people to go to iateyourpie’s channel and I guess that stuck in my head.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

I remember a Risk of Rain run where the zoom was set so far out that it was almost impossible to see anything that was going on.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll_tfugBZ5c

Not a real run, not from GDQ, it's just a bit.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg_zej65kMo

Here's the VOD for my English Of The Dead run at RTA in Japan. It contains:

- me complaining about american english in japanese
- prop comedy
- neko's inexplicable switch into "commentator voice"
- my bad japanese
- the rules of baseball
- protecting the loife cycle

I'd always wanted to run at RTA in Japan as some sort of vague future aspirational goal when I was more skilled at the language. Wasn't expecting it to just, happen like this lmao.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

pumpinglemma posted:

I remember a Risk of Rain run where the zoom was set so far out that it was almost impossible to see anything that was going on.

Hah, yeah that was me. We started using the zoomed out option after submitting because it was patched in between submissions being accepted and the event starting. The problem is that the run is somewhat visible when you have the full screen dedicated to it (like a personal stream/vod), but with an overlay it's just lil itty bitty pixels.
There was another RoR run after that that specifically used multiplayer to be able to zoom in and out after finding the teleporter

Studio fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Aug 13, 2022

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Honestly that's just the opposite of Superman 64 runs, so I can't even hate.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

It actually owned for the run. Times were like, cut in half because so much of the run was finding the portal.

Just, no one else could tell what was going on :v:

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Not as impossible to see as the 4 player ori races where each ori was about as big on the stream as the little blip in super Metroid of the animals escaping

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

SeXReX posted:

Not as impossible to see as the 4 player ori races where each ori was about as big on the stream as the little blip in super Metroid of the animals escaping

drat, got an example at hand? that sounds dumb lol

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

ArfJason posted:

drat, got an example at hand? that sounds dumb lol

This reply sounds cool. Not reading it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Ori also has a visual design problem where all the soft lighting and particle effects make it hard to stream in the first place. Frankly it should be up there with Rom Check Fail as a "do not put this on GDQ" list.