Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
The one not entirely dumb argument I can think of is that there are better charities than PCF. Not that the PCF is bad, mind you, it's still pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

highlight for me is how the first two people he lists as a thanks or whatever are pvtcb and cyberdemon

because of fuckin course

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
Was there anything really controversial about agdq 2018 aside from having to pay 5 bux to be an edgelord in twitch chat? I don't want to watch that video.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

they let transpeople run games and read donations which is horrible sjw pandering according to people with severe brain damage

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dancer posted:

The one not entirely dumb argument I can think of is that there are better charities than PCF. Not that the PCF is bad, mind you, it's still pretty good.
Yeah, I would weakly prefer if they chose a different charity than PCF but like, even as an outside it seems like PCF is stoked to have GDQ and I assume they go above and beyond to be easy to work with at this point and I don't care nearly enough to agitate for a different charity.

everything else is Nazi punks who haven't hosed off yet

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I would just make all GDQs be events for Doctors Without Borders because they always need more funding

Ravus
Jan 15, 2009

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

Was there anything really controversial about agdq 2018 aside from having to pay 5 bux to be an edgelord in twitch chat? I don't want to watch that video.

It was very drama-light, which is a nice change.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Once one leaves the speedrunning scene (or just isn’t in it), it’s a lot harder to have the motivation to legitimately be upset about the charity agdq supports (PCF). It’s a big deal when you have no perspective on anything outside of it, which usually happens when you’re young (which is I think what 90% of speedrunners/viewers are).

What can ya do?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Ban speedrunning

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Censorship, I’m telling Ben Shapiro !!

Cool Matty
Jan 8, 2006
Usuyami no Sekai
Guys, I apologize that the severe lack of drama this event has resulted in people desperately reaching to previous events to dig up drama. I have let you down. I'm sorry.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

clearly this means you have to unban cyberdemon and give them the lead-in spot for sgdq

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
who was cyberdemon again i forget

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

a member of the same crew that included cfb and pvtcb, banned last year at agdq

also a gigantic edegelord piece of poo poo

also ran a subreddit dedicated to harassing narcissawright

i am still mad they were even allowed to be at agdq 2017, cyberdemon and that whole crew are loving garbage. one of them (i believe pvtcb) previously threatened to shoot up a gdq event and somehow was loving allowed back and then promptly banned again and i really hope gdq staff learned their lesson to not give second chances to piles of dogshit like any of that crew.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Was he the "if you really want to prevent cancer, go stand in front of the hotel shuttle" guy or was that just one of his flunkies?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

that was cfb

cyberdemon was banned for maga hats along with pvtcb at the start of the event

also cyberdemon's twitter is full of wonderful insight such as this

real good stuff

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jan 28, 2018

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness
#Atheism

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

financially racist posted:

that was cfb

cyberdemon was banned for maga hats along with pvtcb at the start of the event

also cyberdemon's twitter is full of wonderful insight such as this

real good stuff

oh ok cool

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Former Human posted:

People love to have a reason to hate on GDQ. Why? Because you're not supposed to curse on stream? Because Mike Uyama supposedly had mono that time?

I have yet to hear a real argument. Every point is basically "this charity event, which raises millions of dollars to help people, isn't being run exactly how I would want."

Because some people are just miserable assholes, or in some cases very young and have their world view and education by entirely watching internet videos.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

We bought 2 identical emotes (at the same time, it was literally frame-perfect emote buying) over the course of the Better GDQ Thread, which was :emptyquote:, making it unusable for a while.

That's bascially the biggest GDQ drama this year.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

the game doesn't support key remapping of any sort, has no gamepad support and I don't even know of any software that lets you map keys to other keys in an especially convenient fashion.

Probably not necessary anymore, but for future reference, writing a remapping script with AutoHotKey at least doesn't require editing the Windows registry and reboots, you could just turn it on and off for a specific program. The initial setup is probably less than especially convenient but it shouldn't be difficult.

For game pads, JoyToKey would be more convenient.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Kikas posted:

We bought 2 identical emotes (at the same time, it was literally frame-perfect emote buying) over the course of the Better GDQ Thread, which was :emptyquote:, making it unusable for a while.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
:emptyquote:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Which run is this in reference to, I haven't gone through a lot of the gdq backlog yet

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

get fukkin ready

https://twitter.com/EndySWE/status/957545443281526784

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

FirstAidKite posted:

Which run is this in reference to, I haven't gone through a lot of the gdq backlog yet

MMX4

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

FirstAidKite posted:

The Mega Man X4 run was, for many, the first exposure to that game's fantastic boss description screens.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the optimistic side of me wants to say 'well maybe by this they mean the times will be erased'

but lol

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i am gonna laugh for days no matter the outcome

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Announcement: We have clear and unanimous info for announcing an announcement. We will announce the announcement in 48 hours. Prepare for the announcement. This has been an announcement.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

I Greyhound posted:

Announcement: We have clear and unanimous info for announcing an announcement. We will announce the announcement in 48 hours. Prepare for the announcement. This has been an announcement.
They should have set up some sort of ARG.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
i like how the guy has like dozens of clearly bullshitted scores if you do more than five seconds of looking and probably like actually hundreds of more subtly bullshitted ones given almost nothing he claims actually holds up

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12r8Hi8QuIedNKsyrVIyjw4S8194YtnEiGVZxqEx-b7U/edit#gid=0

65 million in centipede looool pull the other one

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Kikas posted:

This time Cool Matty has gone too far!

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
On the subject of GDQ drama, I think this video was made recently. I believe it uses accounts from some of the banned people as sources, so approach with caution. I didn’t watch it for too long I felt my eyes roll out of my skull.

https://youtu.be/L5TGFEoidEM

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i literally just posted that video last page and much of the conversation on this page was related to how the first two people thanked in the video are giant piles of dogshit

it is a bad video by a bad person catering to a crowd of morons and shitbags who whine about 'the sjws ruining my bideojames!!!!!'

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Today PJ started the Dragon View Grand Memory Clobber-rama, where he tries to get the wrong warp to credits on console. 9 hours of attempts every day for the week. It should be a good time. This is a glitch he famously found completely on accident while practicing the speedrun. It happens because the first boss sets a byte that doesn't get cleared, and when it is called later on, the game loses its mind and reads from random spots in memory. Saving and reloading fixes the bad data.

Glitch: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/49983139

Info: https://pastebin.com/SMW6G4xA

https://www.twitch.tv/pjdicesare

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

i like how the guy has like dozens of clearly bullshitted scores if you do more than five seconds of looking and probably like actually hundreds of more subtly bullshitted ones given almost nothing he claims actually holds up

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12r8Hi8QuIedNKsyrVIyjw4S8194YtnEiGVZxqEx-b7U/edit#gid=0

65 million in centipede looool pull the other one

holy lol some of those numbers

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

DoctorWhat posted:

Any run SaP does is tool-assisted.

gonna quote this because i complimented him on his couch commentary and he didn't say thanks.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

HUMAN FISH posted:

holy lol some of those numbers

How can someone be that bad at lying, and more importantly how could people believe all that? It's like saying you can run a 3 minute mile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the dumber ones to me aren't the hugely inflated scores but the ones that are impossible because of how the game increments points. you'd think he'd know at least that much about each game.