Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Takoluka posted:

Summoning Salt goes into SMB1 4-2. Also, he calls it "Super Mario Bros" and not "Brothers," and that is driving me up the wall.

joseph anderson did a review of odyssey and pronounces mario wrong. the review is 2 hours long.

reminded me of the wario 4 runner who mispronounced wario at one of the agdqs.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jan 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Did he say it "Wear eeoh?"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

wuhreeoh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBFxDBJXbp8

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jan 29, 2018

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

How do people do this with characters that literally say their own name all the time

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

synthetik posted:

Good ole’ xx_420_blazeit_xx. I knew he had it in him.
It's actually xx_420_blazit_xx :colbert:

(that line "and it was all thanks to a guy named 420 blaze it" killed me)

Selane
May 19, 2006

DACK FAYDEN posted:

It's actually xx_420_blazit_xx :colbert:

(that line "and it was all thanks to a guy named 420 blaze it" killed me)

The best part is how he pronounces all the X's individually.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i can't believe they actually axed todd's times and banned him. otoh they have lost so much credibility at this point that i have to wonder how much it even matters.

Rubellavator posted:

Also, there's some poo poo going on here:

http://zeldaspeedruns.com/

from what i understand, narcissa owns the domain still and this was done by her and she won't give it back to the zelda community.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why? Was she "being used?" Last I heard of her was the guy who ran BoTW at AGDQ giving her a shout out for all the stuff she had done for the game.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i don't know the specifics of this, but last time i watched her she was extremely extremely mentally unwell to the point that i unfollowed her on twitch, and refusing to get any help. she's lashed out before without any reason, maybe something did happen that we don't know about but at least from outward appearances she still had an amicable relationship with the other big-name zelda runners i thought.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
In lighter news:

http://photos.gamesdonequick.com/Awesome-Games-Done-Quick-2018/n-MdTwZ9/

Official AGDQ2018 event photos.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

These are great!

I think this one is my favorite. Pretty much perfectly depicts the GDQ experience. http://photos.gamesdonequick.com/Awesome-Games-Done-Quick-2018/n-MdTwZ9/i-tWffqHt/A

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Drama like the zsr stuff stops being epic when one grows up and realizes it’s real people, not just characters who speedrun for others entertainment

It’s just depressin now reading “opinions” on mental health and personal feelings, speedignorance makes me sad

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

there's nothing fun about the zsr stuff or anything narcissa's been through or her continuing depression struggles, please don't mistake talking about a thing that is happening for 'fun drama' or w/e.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

financially racist posted:

from what i understand, narcissa owns the domain still and this was done by her and she won't give it back to the zelda community.
They appear to have gotten a redirect working now. Is Narcissa okay? I literally haven't watched that stream since back when she was Cosmo and speedrunning Wind Waker.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

financially racist posted:

there's nothing fun about the zsr stuff or anything narcissa's been through or her continuing depression struggles, please don't mistake talking about a thing that is happening for 'fun drama' or w/e.

Oh I didn’t mean y’all were talking about it as if it was “drama”, apologies for the vagueness. I meant like, the speedrun subreddit or discords or twitch chats or whatever. Something like this being just another piece of speed-drama to discuss with speedfriends. This thread is smart and good

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

^^^sorry for the misunderstanding~

DACK FAYDEN posted:

They appear to have gotten a redirect working now. Is Narcissa okay? I literally haven't watched that stream since back when she was Cosmo and speedrunning Wind Waker.

she has endured a lot of bullshit due to her transition because being trans on the internet makes you a target of all kinds of awful bullshit from scumbags. i've mentioned it before, but loving cyberdemon even ran a subreddit dedicated solely to harassing her.

at the same time she has also said that she suffers from intense depression both before and after her transition, compounding all of that. i don't want to go into details but her twitch when i last watched it was just a giant loving bummer, i unfollowed her because it was really sad to watch. she needs help and i hope she gets it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Last time I saw her twitch she has shaved her head and everyone in there was harassing her. I tried to say something nice about how my son watched her videos and thought she was cool, then got the gently caress outta there.

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness
This is for all you "PJ's stories are exaggerated" skeptics: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/223767779

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Violently Car posted:

This is for all you "PJ's stories are exaggerated" skeptics: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/223767779

I don't know what's more impressive, appearing to softlock the game in a cutscene, or breaking out of the softlock

The Washington Post picked up the Dragster story, https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.a7195412fcef

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

No. Transitioning isn't a magic medicine for the mental health issues suffered by trans people, it's a wildly different outcome for each person (some thrive, some struggle harder, etc) but along with transitioning people need proper guidance, often in the form of a mental health professional. From my understanding, she's self-medicating (perhaps this has stopped or I'm simply misinformed) and that's also no bueno. She has a lot of very difficult issues and is receiving little help for them although again, my information is perhaps outdated.

There's several studies about trans people before and after transitioning and what it does to them mentally and it's not the cure-all one might originally think it would be, which is often a compounding issue in the current struggle for trans people because to a lot of people the idea of transitioning is like changing a light bulb or something and it should work automatically and if it doesn't then why pay for the light bulb. If it doesn't worsen things like depression it quite often doesn't help. That doesn't mean the person regrets transitioning or anything like that but the overall conclusion seems to be they need continued help with their mental health.

Violently Car posted:

I don't know how anyone could hear the stories over the years or see stuff like his board breaking this GDQ and not believe all of it. PJ should just be an Amish at this point, for the sake of all electronics.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jan 30, 2018

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Groovelord Neato posted:

joseph anderson did a review of odyssey and pronounces mario wrong. the review is 2 hours long.

reminded me of the wario 4 runner who mispronounced wario at one of the agdqs.

they can't help it they're canadian

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Crotch Bat posted:

I don't know how anyone could hear the stories over the years or see stuff like his board breaking this GDQ and not believe all of it. PJ should just be an Amish at this point, for the sake of all electronics.

His board was fine, one of the quick connects on the button in his arcade stick came loose, super common for fighting game players.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

SeXReX posted:

His board was fine, one of the quick connects on the button in his arcade stick came loose, super common for fighting game players.

Stop pulling back the curtain, nerd.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Crotch Bat posted:

Stop pulling back the curtain, nerd.

Screw you

At agdq14 I used his "cursed" snes that is supposed to break carts, nothing weird happened and my game was fine

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
yeah sometimes people overhype pj breaking stuff but honestly dragon view is amazing enough. the tas author mentioned the chances of it happening were astronomically low and it took him months to find a working credits warp setup, and they still dont understand how it works

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

punchy celeste-posting feels weird.

here, have a good old fashioned seckswrecks celeste-post
https://my.mixtape.moe/vyvkiz.webm

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Good news for all pastebin fans, ZSR has posted a statement.

https://pastebin.com/vSyvmHEt

No explanation for why Narcissa did what she did, but that's about expected.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

tiistai posted:

Good news for all pastebin fans, ZSR has posted a statement.

https://pastebin.com/vSyvmHEt

No explanation for why Narcissa did what she did, but that's about expected.

I'm pretty impressed with how they handled that actually

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

timp posted:

I'm pretty impressed with how they handled that actually

Very classy, especially since what Narcissa did was monumentally unprofessional. Though I suppose even if ZSR did something lovely to her and deserved it, it's still real easy to the high road following a stunt like that.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I mean I love me a good scandal as much as the next guy so I'd still like to know why Narcissa did what she did.

But still, a very professional response.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I miss the sunday sequence break

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Todd's response (in pastebin form)

https://pastebin.com/ScMmaYYV

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

Rubellavator posted:

Todd's response (in pastebin form)

https://pastebin.com/ScMmaYYV

I thought when he was talking about Eric Koziel that it was the ref that came forward towards the end, but that's actually Omnigamer. What a dick head.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

SeXReX posted:

punchy celeste-posting feels weird.

idk you did get me into Shuriken as well

we seem to have fairly similar taste in games

Zas posted:

I miss the sunday sequence break

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

The combined Celeste love of SexRex, grandpoobear, and Ryukahr got me to buy it without waiting for a sale so the game's maker should thank those dudes for promoting more sales. I don't know when I'll get around to playing it, though, but everything I've seen of it so far looks super fun, and I imagine the game will have a fun speedrun to watch.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

My favorite part is where he doesn't address the dozens of other obviously fake and impossible scores he submitted.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I can't believe Omnigamer and Nameless Former TG Ref killed or kidnapped everyone that saw Todd get the 5.51 live. I guess they should've speedrun for their lives.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

The combined Celeste love of SexRex, grandpoobear, and Ryukahr got me to buy it without waiting for a sale so the game's maker should thank those dudes for promoting more sales. I don't know when I'll get around to playing it, though, but everything I've seen of it so far looks super fun, and I imagine the game will have a fun speedrun to watch.

The game probably wouldn't have been on my radar at all if not for SexRex posting about it and now I can't put it down.

Also the Todd Rodger's pastebin is something special. People proved scientifically that your record was impossible and rather than stay silent or apologize you write up a big diatribe about how the person who did so was rude for not instead talking to you about it first as if you were old friends or something. Also standing ground and still claiming the score is real. What a dickhead.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Ahh, I see, it isn't Todd that cheated, it's everyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Perhaps the 5.51 was inside us all along, waiting for us to cheat it out and gain fame/notoriety among a small nerdy subset of the populace.